Docking mod

Pleborian

This is really just a quick hack. I'm not sure that the plugin API allows real orbital construction or switching focus. Real docking, added to the core code of KSP, will allow so much more.

Well.. how about using the orbital construction mod's way to replace both crafts with one which looks like the same? but yeah, then there will be problem for crew-transfering unless the mod provides a dialog for players to adjust crew allocation before dispatched. Also, i don't know if the game engine can handle a craft with multiple command pods.

Edited by HoneyFox

Honeyfox, in your latest screenshots I see some options Mechjeb unknown to me. I use v.1.9.1 but I don't find "Rendezme" panel. For example, "Kill Rel Vel" option I think it's very usefull! Please can you show me how to access these options.

Thanks!

Honeyfox, in your latest screenshots I see some options Mechjeb unknown to me. I use v.1.9.1 but I don't find "Rendezme" panel. For example, "Kill Rel Vel" option I think it's very usefull! Please can you show me how to access these options.

Thanks!

Hi, that panel is actually brought by the RendezMe plugin instead of Mech-Jeb. RendezMe was based on RinComp plugin IIRC. You should be able to find this plugin in the plugin section of the forum.

For that "Kill Rel Vel" option, in original RendezMe plugin, it utilizes RCS translations to get zero relative velocity. BTW i have changed that behavior a bit in my own version to only kill relative velocity perpendicular to the line of sight so i can have achieve high speed interception easily with both "Kill Rel Vel" and "TGT+" options on.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.