SimpleConstruction! (SCON) Stock rocket building

zer0Kerbal

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, Ariel Kerman said:

Yeah sorry 4.0.99.35

All good - just wanted to make sure.

The issue isn't with SCON, rather with (probably) another addon that looks for XPL and doesn't also look for SCON. ie what happens is that mod finds launchpad.dll loading and adds patches, but doesn't realize that SCON doesn't use the resource 'metalore' and therefore doesn't supply the resource definition file for it.

There isn't anything that SCON can do, however kindly send me a link to the .zip of your KSP.log (located in same directory as your KSP.exe) and I will see if I can confirm and track down which mod - might even be able to supply patch (no promises)

Otherwise, you can just download the resource definition file for METALORE and include it in as a personal patch.

Do you have CommunityResourcePack (CRP) installed? if not, installing that might resolve the issue, or you can just copy the MetalOre definition into a private patch.

Edited by zer0Kerbal

13 hours ago, zer0Kerbal said:

Do you have CommunityResourcePack (CRP) installed? if not, installing that might resolve the issue, or you can just copy the MetalOre definition into a private patch.

Yep, i have CRP installed, and i think i'm going to lean more towards this idea. The resource definition are just a few lines in the CommonResources.cfg right? I found "MetallicOre" in that file, but not "MetalOre", idk if it is the same resource.

FIXED: I was unable to track down the problematic mod, so i finally created a resource definition in the CommunityResourcePack CommonResources.cfg file, for the unused MetalOre resource, and works smoothly.
Can i share the code for that here in case somebody else face this same problem?

3 hours ago, zer0Kerbal said:

yes please. I will also considering adding it (with credit) to the SCON/NSSC/KD FAKQ

Sure. This should be pasted at the end of SECTION 1 in the ComonResources config file.

RESOURCE_DEFINITION
{
	name = MetalOre
	displayName = #LOC_CRP_Metals_DisplayName
	density = 0.007
	unitCost = 14.1
	flowMode = ALL_VESSEL
	transfer = PUMP
	isTweakable = true
   	isVisible = true
	volume = 1
}

Edited by Ariel Kerman

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I downloaded SCON from CKAN and it doesn't seem to be doing anything, I don't get the UI option on docking ports or labs to start production of a craft. And the icon from the mod also doesn't appear on the toolbar. It's like if it isn't installed at all. Do I need other mods other than SCON for it to work? It didn't prompt me to download anything else as a requirement (except for B9 partswitch)

Okay slight warning/disclaimer for those downloading via curseforge. It may also try and download a copy of module manager, even if you already have it installed and I am now dealing with the headache that is causing.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/16/2024 at 4:12 AM, Taco Salad said:

Okay slight warning/disclaimer for those downloading via curseforge. It may also try and download a copy of module manager, even if you already have it installed and I am now dealing with the headache that is causing.

CKAN does this as well.