[20.x]BobCat Ind. Release

BobCat

issue

not work context menu

problem whit collision (maybe) - Maybe because I was not able to repeat at this bug, but maybe the reason the exact same

solution

Plugin cartComand (Bigtrak KSP), is not compatible with the plugin Cart, track to the folder Plugins were present only cart.dll but not CartCommand.dll

Tried that and...

That is probably caused by the KSP main settings. Tab graphics - Scatter density. If that is set too low it can cause this.

...that, but it still clips through the landscape the instant the game loads the flight scene.

I might try the original carts mod and see if something happens in that, I might be using an old version of the cart mod. hmm.

Edit: Yup. Re-downloaded the cart mod, works like a charm. I'm a fricken idiot.

There is nothing wrong with your collision mesh. Seaborn111, just re-download the cart mod.

Edited by Cby
I'm only a tree, trees make mistakes to

Edit: Yup. Re-downloaded the cart mod, works like a charm. I'm a fricken idiot.

There is nothing wrong with your collision mesh. Seaborn111, just re-download the cart mod.

In the folder with the addon, you already have the correct version cart.dll, simply copy the contents of the archive into the game folder(replacing the old files). Enjoy the rovering

I just tried to download it 4 times, always came back with invalid ZIP file - UNTIL I tried to extract it with WinRAR.

Result - the file is *NOT* a ZIP file. It is either a .RAR or a .7z, mislabeled as a ZIP by the uploader. This does need to be resolved.

I had a similar issue, WinZip and a generic un-zipper could not unzip the file.

But finally got it to extract with jZip.

It's now working just fine. So next step; get this big guy to the moon.

Really nice mod. Like others said, my only recommendation is to make the rover be a command pod

Thank you. At the moment I'm working on it)) I myself do not like the symbiosis between the rover and stock pod

Portet highly buggy with multiple command modules, so I did not add them. All management crew worked through the context menu hatch

Oh...duh. I feel stupid now. Thank you for pointing that out.

This plugin "cart" features, not mine.))) I just used the opportunity to be closer to reality.

I had kind of figured that those were based on the cart plugin, but the fact remains that DEMV handles much better than BigTrak, and I intend to use it fully. :) Great mod!

I would keep it one piece, but could I suggest placing the balance point in a more realistic location? As it is now, you have the attach points and center of mass located midway between the front wheels and the leading trailing wheel. The real rover would have its center of mass much further aft, almost over the leading pair of rear wheels. The reason I bring this up is two-fold. 1) Controlability on launcher, 2) symmetry of attached parts.

The reason I say this is that I tried putting a Kethane Miner on the back and a few fuel tanks under the windows (which had to be placed individually) and the cart was unbearably aft-loaded and tipped on its back. I even tried offesting with front weight, but that killed the looks.

Personally, I'd like to have the following on the car and it still be "balanced" - 2 Kethane miners on the very back, 2 Kethane pumps either forward or aft, 6 kethane radial tanks and a Kethane Controller. As it is, that setup tips the cart on its rear end and is unflyable even with major modifications to the gimbal limits of the engines to try and offset the thrust enough to keep it from pitching wildly under power.

Attached is the CRAFT file for what I'm talking about.

Edited by CAPFlyer

I'm unable to take back control of a DEMV from the tracking station, even if it has a kerbal in it. I tried to fix this by adding a MechJeb pod to the rover, which normally lets you control debris, but that had the effect of disabling all the steering controls. I guess this issue could be avoided by just having your kerbals exit the rover and return to their lander before exiting to the space center but it would be nice to be able to track the DEMV from the tracking station.

I'm unable to take back control of a DEMV from the tracking station, even if it has a kerbal in it.

Yeah, that's a cart's mod thing. I got around that by putting the unmanned command module from MMI satellite pack under the rover and used ladders to get Jeb into the rover so he could fly it. When the rover becomes a command module itself, that issue will thankfully be fixed.

I put the new Jeb 9000 ( http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/showthread.php/20420-Jeb-9000-a-smaller-radial-Jeb-for-the-Clarke-fans ) on the back of it and it seems to work fine when I go to the tracking station to control it again.

To make a DEMV lander, I put 4 radial decouplers on the side of the DEMV, each with a fuel tank and engine. I then added a thin decoupler on the top of the DEMV and added the 1 kerbal pod. I then put the Jeb 9000 on the back panel. I just couple it up to my best heavy lifter contraption and launch it.

Once I land, I just eject the engines and drive forword a bit then decouple the pod. I then EVA the kerbal from the pod and enter the DEMV. Once you start to roll, the pod will fall off.

Before I went to bed, I put this on cruise control at 6.0ms and let it run while I was asleep. 9 hrs later it was still going and covered quite a bit of distance on the moon. I like this thing a lot.

I can't post attachments or I would post a pic and a craft file for those who may want it.

Okay, now this finally convinced me to install the Carts plugin (something I should've done a looong while ago), and is a-ma-zing! Engineers and scientists back at KSC are having a meeting ever since they heard the news, and they're preparing my Space Program's next big step (wheeled exploration of the Mun and Minmus, of course). I think they're in that meeting room since 5hrs solid now :D

I don't even want to think about the potential of this once .17 is out...! Thanks, and thanks Tosh for the original plugin!