[20.x]BobCat Ind. Release

BobCat

We'll be releasing internals as soon as we can.

We've just started working with interiors, they will be released a bit later, we'll have to learn how to do them properly.

First, we will be releasing a new, small, fast and low, super sexy rover, and some fixes and additions for the MkI and MKII.

Our sleek, new rover is totally awesome sexy.... As soon as we have the model finalized I'll post a teaser for you all to see.

demv.jpg

Supersonic Labs is proud to announce the release of Pretorian DEMV Mk II LRM - a groundbreaking new delivery system designed for the award-winning Pretorian DEMV rover platform from BobCat Industries.

Pretorian DEMV Mk II LRM is precision engineered for fuel economy, stability and ease of use. The interplanetary transfer stage doubles as a landing stage, eliminating the need to carry extra engines or bulky parachutes. The system has enough fuel budget to facilitate a fully powered landing to Duna surface, ensuring pinpoint landing accuracy. A built in Rendezvous Calculator module guarantees an optimal mission profile.

Usage Guidelines, Read Carefully! - MechJeb 1.9.3 currently has difficulties landing with user-inputted coordinates on Duna surface. Instead, fly to within several radial degrees before desired landing zone and use "Land" option. Interplanetary transfer fuel stage must be ejected shortly before landing to ensure safe deployment of DEMV rover platform.

Download - Pretorian DEMV Mk II LRM (KSP 0.17), DEMV required, MechJeb required, Protracter - Rendezvous Calculator required

Could you design one for Laythe ? ;)

I like the look of it, ever thought about making the DEMV a command module for a ship? I think all you would have to do is put a node on the back and make a 1m or 2m adapter (that goes on the back)

The DEMV 2 does that.

Could you design one for Laythe ? ;)

I believe the existing design probably has enough delta-v to get to Laythe, I would simply add a couple Mk16 parachutes attached to the chassis/wheels part, one on either side.

Attaching the parachutes to the cockpit/freight/descent stage would risk ripping them off the rover when they deploy.

Considering the game is done at 1/11 scale, that's closer to 3300 km/h.

I like my wheeled vehicles sub-mach please. :)

Just that the solar system is 11 times smaller doesn't mean that the conversion factor from m/s to km/h changes, there'd be no point in that at all because the game uses normal metres and hours.

If you take an hour as 1/24 of a Kerbin day it whould change though...

Considering the game is done at 1/11 scale, that's closer to 3300 km/h.

I like my wheeled vehicles sub-mach please. :)

And the damage of a crash 3300 km/h, the trunk falls off :D

Nasa should scale the DEMV up!

Fast and safe travel!

(Yes, I do watch Top Gear :D)

Edited by Polar Bear

um .. changelog on op? i see 1.01 and 1.02 but no mention of updates?....i only went through the last few pages looking for a mention of changes but couldnt see any

btw not trying to sound rude... these vehicles are the most epic creation yet imo

Edited by spl1nt

in first post

Change log

------------

-Fixed maximum speed

-Fixed suspension

-Fixed force fixing cargo module

-Added horizontal attachment point for 1m units

-Fixed some minor bugs

-----------

-Realese

in first post