[20.x]BobCat Ind. Release

BobCat

That's the only way they would connect and look decent. With an RCS block underneath the front to tip the nose up and down, it makes for a decent escape-pod/jump-capable rover/General Purpose Vehicle. I like your mod and ideas - I look forward to seeing more.

That's the only way they would connect and look decent. With an RCS block underneath the front to tip the nose up and down, it makes for a decent escape-pod/jump-capable rover/General Purpose Vehicle. I like your mod and ideas - I look forward to seeing more.

They fit on the two side nodes. But, of course , feel free to put them where every you like. That top node is there just for fun stuff like that.

owV6K.jpg

I suspect you might have another cart mod with a different DLL file loaded.

I am having the same issue, but it is not related to the cart plugin, nor do i think it is related to any of your mods. I get this when only a handful of mods have been installed on 0.17 (no plugin.dll's, purely models)

You can click once, it works - but every right click after fails for me, so all landing gear parts, all cargo bays.. anything that has a right click option, and yes the carts also.

I am having the same issue, but it is not related to the cart plugin, nor do i think it is related to any of your mods. I get this when only a handful of mods have been installed on 0.17 (no plugin.dll's, purely models)

You can click once, it works - but every right click after fails for me, so all landing gear parts, all cargo bays.. anything that has a right click option, and yes the carts also.

Well, hell, that's the first I've heard of a problem with the game context menu system. Thanks for letting us know about it. If it happens on all context menus we'll have to wait for a new release for a fix. Did you report it to KSP devs?

I am trying the demo craft, and can get it to land, and open, but when I press "space" to separate the vehicle, the whole thing explodes end over end and my rover flies out, and always seems to land upside down. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

I absolutely love your work. The Mark 2 is so much fun to drive and when I saw the Mark 4, spare Mark 4 vehicles (non-pods but can be occupied) and Drop pod as well as the nod to Kethane, I have big plans of orbital garage drops (just wish there was a raw Kethane thruster).

However, I read the documentation, but I can't get my Kerbalnauts to EVA at all even when I have the exterior hatch opened. I tried it without any thruster sets on that side of the ship as well since they overlap with the ladder but that made no difference. Has anyone else had a similar problem?

Edited by Katamari
I forgot that 4 came after 2...

Wait, what? Mark3? There is only Mark 1,2, and 4.

Also, you aren't the only one, However, I might join this mod team soon, And ill see if i can fix it :)

EDIT: Seems that when I try to load any of the files in there in blender, It shows up as a box. Maybe I did somthing wrong.

Edited by The Destroyer

Mark 3 project hold. This is due to errors in the design of the model, it is not capable. Most likely the project will be completely redesigned and transformed into an ultra lightweight single ATV.

EDIT: Seems that when I try to load any of the files in there in blender, It shows up as a box. Maybe I did somthing wrong.

The files you are trying to open in a blender? *.mu ?

Edited by BobCat

At the first release, I figured "eh, nice truck, but they will get bored and quit"

then the second release, and I figured . "Nice truck, good versatility, hope they keep it coming."

after this latest addition. For all that Jeb and I hold dear. DO NOT LEAVE. You have made my number 1 favorite mod part.

Well, hell, that's the first I've heard of a problem with the game context menu system. Thanks for letting us know about it. If it happens on all context menus we'll have to wait for a new release for a fix. Did you report it to KSP devs?

I thought it may have been the cart plugin also, as I did notice there was 2 versions floating around here in current packages. I sort of make sure I only download stuff from kerbal.net now because it's the most trustworthy (besides official threads here of course)

I have not reported it as yet, it wasn't until I saw the other post with a similar issue that I took note of it. I thought may have been a result of me poking and prodding experimenting making mods, one would imagine if it was a global issue more than a couple of us would have noticed it, especially you guys with the amount of experimenting on ATV's that you are doing.

I'll go back to another vanilla 0.17 and cross my kerballs. :)

devogen

According to the description it is very likely that the plug-Carts, conflict with another plugin based on it.

Make sure you have a folder, there is no plug-ins such as modified from Bigtrack (cartCommand.dll)

devogen

According to the description it is very likely that the plug-Carts, conflict with another plugin based on it.

Make sure you have a folder, there is no plug-ins such as modified from Bigtrack (cartCommand.dll)

Ok, Ill make sure that's the case, thanks. I hope the other main cart I use will still work, the small silver disc type one with the extendable gold wheels.

If you use the original plug-in, no problems should arise. If you use a modified plug-ins are possible trouble, similar to the one described above. We can not make a mod that will work with all the plugins and modifications of them, so we focus on the original versions.

Edited by BobCat

Im not sure, but for the people with the decoupling issues, check that you are not activating the engines at full throttle the time you are seperating, maybe thats it.

On the other hand something is messing with my stages when i load custom craft from others. The decouple of the demv was activated at the same stage as chutes opened, making my initial kerbin tests go boom :)

Another thing is that EVA, like others said, is a bit weird. I need to rapid-tap EVA, or for better open-close-open the hatch a few times for it to work.

I had the problem with the missing right click menu myself with the other DEMV in the past. If i remember correct it was Bigtrack/Liltrack cartcommand extra plugin conflict, but i think it was fixed at some update (or someone elses plugin anyway). In any case, for me and at this time, the menu works as intended. Heh it even works with 2 Demv M4's stack inverted on top of each other.

And for last, the "cargo - transfer" module for the DEMV is so freaking awsome, all the way from the design to the way it operates, i shoulda expect somethin like this from a guy named BobCat :cool:

Ok guys, we'll look into the EVA issue. We've not had this happen to us so it will take some digging.

If anyone who is having this issue can send us some additional info, please do.

As for the "exploding" when decoupling from the DROP, the only thing that comes to mind is; do not extend the wheels before decoupling. Part's collisions do strange things with Cart plugin wheels. That is an old bug from long ago and I don't think it ever was resolved.