[20.x]BobCat Ind. Release

BobCat

So not sure if I'm just an idiot or what but I can not get the Mark 5 to work. I have modified the cfg with PART { Existing file } but that doesn't help. When I launch a rocket that is just the Mk5 it doesn't have power to wheels or so it seems pressing the WASD keys just cuases it to sort of rock back and forth in place. How on earth do you get this thing to move?

I'm sure I'm just missing something stupid but it's really frustrating...

Have you deployed the wheels?

Yes translation indeed. I switched to "docking mode" and then found that left ctrl and left shift are forward and backward. Very weird to me but hey it moves!!! Thanks guys!

Yes. Both me and him has the same problem.

"Q: What are the control keys?

A:

I = Forward

K = Reverse

J = Left Turn

L = Right Turn

U = Headlights

N = Brakes

B = Parking Brake

G = deploy Wheels

Right click on the rover for additional options menu."

That's from the DEMV m5 readme file....there is a reason mod devs put those files in with their downloads.

• 2 weeks later...
I think it was before 0.18 since I remember it having the electricity plugin when the animation was removed.

Home did not exist in .17 iirc

At any rate it was definitely removed about a week after it was released. The animation module was not saving the deployed animation for the solar panels, so if you left them deployed, went back to the tracking center, then re-loaded the ship the panels would still be deployed as far as the module was concerned, but the panels themselves would be un-deployed. This made for really really weird and buggy behaviors when doing action groups and such.

I'm getting something a little bit weird, and according to Spaceport, I'm not the only one. The DEMV MK2 seems to have an odd scaling issue, where the wheel platform is way too small for the cockpit and cargo bay. Tried scaling it myself from the config file, and it just breaks the attachment nodes. Anyone else had the same problem? Is the Spaceport link outdated? And yes, I did add the PART { } wrappers for it to work in 0.20.

Will the Home Modules be updated with the sas and asas changes especially interested in the 2m lander as its become my favorite(HINT HINT BLAZING ANGEL) be updated to 0.21 or just dont use the SAS modules

Edited by Virtualgenius

Sapphire, did you also put a Scale = 1 on any part.cfg that didn't already have a scale = something in it?

The scale was already at 1 for all the bits. But I found the problem: It seems from the assembly building view, the chassis is shrunken compared to the other parts. But if you put all the parts togther and launch it, they suddenly become scaled properly. The you can go back to assembly and it's scaled properly forever. Really weird.

Hi i wanted to know does Demv mk 1 ,2 , 3 ,DEMV Mk 4 RAT , 5 Works with update 0.21.1 ?

And what about rover and wheel mod from this post ? http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/24677-%280-20-x%29-Wayland-Corp-Development-and-released-download-Thread

The caterpillar mod works just fine i tested. http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/caterpillar-tracks/

Edited by RenatsMC

No, you need to update them your self, see the last million pages of this thread to see how.

Yes, I am well aware of how to update them myself and I have already done so with Jool V, MPSS and all the DEMV's. It only took about 15 mins.

What would be really nice though is if an updated copy of the mod was uploaded to spaceport. Since it is so easy, it should only take about 15 mins.

That would save everyone a lot of time and then there would not be "a million pages" in this thread asking about how to do it and save people like you from the frustration of having explain to them.

I would do it myself, but it is not my mod.

Edit: I bundled up the .21.1 modified files I use for people who cannot make the changes for themselves. If Bobcat is ok with it I will post a link. It took a bit more than 15 mins to get everything presentable, but it is all done.

Edited by Smurfalot

Yes, I am well aware of how to update them myself and I have already done so with Jool V, MPSS and all the DEMV's. It only took about 15 mins.

What would be really nice though is if an updated copy of the mod was uploaded to spaceport. Since it is so easy, it should only take about 15 mins.

That would save everyone a lot of time and then there would not be "a million pages" in this thread asking about how to do it and save people like you from the frustration of having explain to them.

I would do it myself, but it is not my mod.

Well the thing about mod makers is that they do whatever they feel like. If Bobcat wants to update then he will. If not then complaining about it will probably not help. Others have posted pretty much exactly what you have said about the 20.2 release and this 21.1 release. Use the knowledge in the thread and sit tight. Bobcat said updates are coming soonâ„¢ . :P

Have you guys forgotten Bobcat is redoing the rovers?

I am pleased to announce some future updates.

After a long time thinking about the concepts, data collection, I decided to make some changes to existing projects.

First. Im still working on HOME Gen2 pack. This need a lot work now...but still in WIP

Second. Im totaly relaunch DEMVs series.

Now we have 6 similar DEMVs. My first DEMV1 , big cargo DEMV2 , Experemental 2 wheel DEMV3EX , fast DEMV 4 and DROP platform, small "chekbox" DEMV5 , and non released DEMV6.

Its too much rovers ))) In next generation DEMV Gen 2 series content 3-4 rovers pack.

1. DEMV Mk1 . Symbiosis "old gold" DEMV1 and DEMV2. Little smaller DEMV2 but more modular. Now can attach special robocrane arm, living module , lab or inflatable living quartes.

2. DEMV Mk2 . Old RAT and DROP system (and also non released ADROP) in new models, texture and configs

3. DEMV Mk3 . Small deployable rover. Analog DEMV 5 but new features etc.

Now All rovers fits to new Jool V fairings and HOME2 dockports.

Third. Totaly remake JoolV Launcher and MPSS Nautilus

New models and texture for Jool and new parts for MPSS.

People these days...

I have created a combo pack of several of the more popular mods that have been updated to be v.20.x compatible mod for all the people crying for an update.

**I do not claim any ownership to these files, I just updated the part configs for people who do not know how to do it for themselves**

This contains updated parts for:

H.O.M.E

Jool V

MPSS/Fly

DEMV Mk5 (The little rover that fits in the recon module)

Added the PART { ....... } wrapper to all parts and corrected the scale/rescale problem where applicable to update to 20.x

*SAS/ASAS changes from v.21.1 are -NOT- incorporated into these parts, but otherwise it works just fine with v.21.1*

Fixed a few spots were the minimum drag was higher than the maximum drag.

Changed strength of all 3m parts to from 550 to 630 to match Jool V changes.

Increased Jool 2nd stage tank capacity slightly to be exactly double the stock orange tank. Was 5616 Fuel/6864 Oxy -Now-> 5760 Fuel/7040 Oxy.

Increased Jool 2nd stage tank capacity slightly to be exactly double the 2nd stage tank. Was 11232 Fuel/13728 -Now-> 11520 Fuel/14080 Oxy

Increased HOME 3m RCS Fuel Tank capacity to line up with the to be proportional with its size and weight compared to the stock parts. Was 400 mono -Now->1000 mono

I have sent this pack to BobCat for his approval because it is my intention to help him not step on his toes.

If he like it, hopefully he will post it on Spaceport for others to use "officially".

A link will be provided as soon as I hear back from Bobcat telling me it is ok.

**I do not claim any ownership to these files, I just updated the part configs for people who do not know how to do it for themselves**

Smurf

Edit: Went through and did the same thing with DEMV 1,2,3 & 4

Edited by Smurfalot