[20.x]BobCat Ind. Release

BobCat

I also want to do an NRO satellite for a payload. No sure if anyone knows what one looks like though. ULA wasn't allowed to show fairing sep due to the NRO requesting that all cameras be deactivated prior to this point in the launch sequence.

Unfortunately that will be a lost cause if you want current ones. There are a few old ones like daver mentioned. But unless you work for the NRO or the dark areas of ULA, you wont see one or know what the current ones look like. They are classified Top Secret SCI. There are plenty of other amazing satellites that you could do like AEHF, DSCS III, WGS, GPS II-F, MILSTAR, DSP, DMSP, SBIRS etc. TDRSS is a beautiful satellite too!

Edited by Blaylock1988

TDRSS Does indeed look gorgeous. I might use that instead. As for NRO stuff I was hoping to be able to do something more recent but unless they respond to a freedom of information act letter It looks like I have nothing.

You'd be surprised. Ground-based imaging is your friend, as is Charlie Vick...

lacrosse5.jpg

looks good, but it didn't launch on a Delta IV Heavy. That one launched on a titan if memory serves.

Correct. But there have only been, I think, 4 launches total (of classified payloads) on the D-IV-H. And truth be told, the Advanced ORION (a.k.a TRUMPET/MENTOR, which was two of the four) might be difficult to model in KSP..... but if you can, it would be EPIC.

sigintadvancedoriontrumpet.jpg

Quick question guys... the home module admin module.. I can create fuel but when I try and transfer It only transfers electricity. how to I change it to transfer fuel also?

cheers

I know its a personal choice but surely if you fix the mods people are using which are awesome then you would have more time for your delta project as people wouldnt keep annoying you

I think he ignores 90% of posts anyways, so I dont think that fixing older mods would really free him more time :P

Thanks, for right now I only plan on doing the 5m heavy variant. It isn't bobcat doing the Delta, it's me.I am doing the Delta IV Heavy to replicate the EF-1 Flight slated for 20-whatever that is the first orbital test of the Orion capsule.

2017 (currently).

If you are scaling the parts correctly, a 5m Delta IV Heavy should be 3.2m in KSP, remember 64%! :) Bobcat's Orion is about 3.2m size IIRC. It'd be *nice* if you could do the 4m varient upper stage at some point because it reduces the stage diameter to (conveniently) 2.5m making it fit standard 2.5m part diameters, which will be handy for flying custom payloads. Of course they will also fit in a 3.2m fairing but we won't be able to use custom fairings so we'll be relying on yours being big enough! :)

It's coming along nicely, though. All looks excellent, I can't wait to play with it, D-IV-H is one of my favourite rocket setups. It's a big brute with big lift capacity and runs on clean liquid fuels, no silly SRBs to mess with. It's been pretty reliable too and looks amazing lifting off the pad, especially at night :D

why make cool mods if nobody can use them seems kind of pointless to me

Perhaps if he upped his asking price? Oh, that's right. He's doing this for his own enjoyment, not for financial gain. :rolleyes:

As you originally acknowledged; his time, his choice.

why make cool mods if nobody can use them seems kind of pointless to me

Because he makes them for his own enjoyment and doesn't care if you use them or not. And that is perfectly fine.

Um guys? All the Bobcat Industries DEMV rovers work in 0.20.2

cYHQTp0l.jpg

Including the Mk 3EX which I forgot to put in this shot lol. If you have any problems loading the parts in the new 0.20+ GameData folder check to see that the part cfg's have "part wrrappers" around all the existing cfg info.

[COLOR="#FF0000"]PART
{
[/COLOR]
EXISTING CFG INFO

[COLOR="#FF0000"]}[/COLOR]

If the scale is off for any part add "scale = 1" under rescalefactor in the part cfg.

Edited by Orphican
*PART

I WILL FIX THE FREAKING ROVERS!!!!! It will happen. Actually I can't speak for the Mk2 That is in Bobcats department, if he wants me to fix it I will. The Mk4 has only a couple of bugs that need fixed, however I am planning on moving it over to stock wheels if I can get the model and textures from Bobcat (the unity assets file would be great)

Sorry rant off.

Anyways there is at least one spelling error in the mk 4 configs for the ASAS Hull. Sorry guys. Also the above fix will work, or alternatively you could put them in the legacy parts folder and that should work until the bug fix.

Yeah, the ASAS Hull needs "module = part" capitalized in the config to "module = Part" before it'll show up in the game. The Mk4's side jets won't work properly, but everything else just needs to be updated to the PART { } format. I was just driving one now.

Yeah, the ASAS Hull needs "module = part" capitalized in the config to "module = Part" before it'll show up in the game. The Mk4's side jets won't work properly, but everything else just needs to be updated to the PART { } format. I was just driving one now.

Yeah thats in unity and I can't fix that without the unity files from Bobcat the "thrustTransform" is in the wrong spot.

TDRSS Does indeed look gorgeous. I might use that instead. As for NRO stuff I was hoping to be able to do something more recent but unless they respond to a freedom of information act letter It looks like I have nothing.

The specifics to their satellites are their bread and butter. Everything they do is above secret, which makes them exempt from FOIA. The only sort of stuff I would guess they may release is really old information, or stuff regarding policies and practices. I would like to work for them, but its like working in a windowless dungeon all day with no connection to the outside world except for cable news.

Aside: I got to see both TDRSS-K satellites first hand at Boeing. One was wrapped up for launch, and the other had its antennas unfolded. They're very large, and those 2 dishes are like 20 feet in diameter each!

Edited by Blaylock1988