[20.x]BobCat Ind. Release

BobCat

Right I will see about fixing that. . . .

Watch this thread for an update when it's fixed

Not to be a dick, but what about the weird scale of the Mk2 chassis? It's like 75% of it's original size.

First and foremost....

@BobCat... sir you are truly "The Man"!!! Your mods, plugins and addons are really one of the shining stars of KSP. Really they are!!! Thank You for all of your hard work on each and everyone of them. I've keep my .19.x version untouched and still use it more than .20.x right now simply because of your addons. I've got one game profile(most used one) based pretty much on using just your addons... I'd have to say about 85% of the items used are yours. I have an entire colonization and Kethane mining operation on the Mun and Minnus using your H.O.M.E pack as well as all of my vehicles are based off of your DEMV Mk1 through MK4. Thank You.

My that I've "buttered you up a bit"... I know it's not an easy job... and of course real life has to always come first... but do you have plans to update all of your vehicles to work in .20.x???

First and foremost....

@BobCat... sir you are truly "The Man"!!! Your mods, plugins and addons are really one of the shining stars of KSP. Really they are!!! Thank You for all of your hard work on each and everyone of them. I've keep my .19.x version untouched and still use it more than .20.x right now simply because of your addons. I've got one game profile(most used one) based pretty much on using just your addons... I'd have to say about 85% of the items used are yours. I have an entire colonization and Kethane mining operation on the Mun and Minnus using your H.O.M.E pack as well as all of my vehicles are based off of your DEMV Mk1 through MK4. Thank You.

My that I've "buttered you up a bit"... I know it's not an easy job... and of course real life has to always come first... but do you have plans to update all of your vehicles to work in .20.x???

Give us a minute, the RAT has taken a back seat for a second due to the Delta IV that I am working on and Bobcat is doing the American Pack as well as HOME II stuff. There have been plans to update to stock rover systems but in the meantime CleaverWalrus has released a hotfix for CBC.dll try that and see if that helps you.

Give us a minute, the RAT has taken a back seat for a second due to the Delta IV that I am working on and Bobcat is doing the American Pack as well as HOME II stuff. There have been plans to update to stock rover systems but in the meantime CleaverWalrus has released a hotfix for CBC.dll try that and see if that helps you.

I can't wait to use the Delta IV Heavy for my main EELV!

Will you be adding the extending exhaust nozzle for that upper stage? Also, the LOX tank at the bottom should be more symmetrical, the bottom looks a bit flattened than the top in the video.

Edited by Blaylock1988

Will you be adding the extending exhaust nozzle for that upper stage? Also, the LOX tank at the bottom should be more spherical, the bottom looks a bit flattened in the video.

Extended Exhaust nozzel? Could I get a picture please? I did all of this off of a single photo for a lack of them. PM please

Yes the vacuum nozzle extends after separation using a corkscrew-like action over the length of a few seconds, nearly tripling the length of the original nozzle size.

rl10b2a.jpg

In this picture you see the shell-type thing cut away to show the engine, that shell is the vacuum extension. They do this to keep it much more compact until upper stage separation.

http://www.astronautix.com/engines/rl10b2.htm

Edited by Blaylock1988

Yes the vacuum nozzle extends after separation using a corkscrew-like action, nearly tripling the length of the original nozzle size.

In this picture you see the shell-type thing cut away to show the engine, that shell is the vacuum extension. They do this to keep it much more compact until upper stage separation.

Ahh, I though it was just a shroud. Maybe I can set that up to extend on engine activation. BACK TO BLENDER!!!!

Here is a much better picture of the real thing in the HIF (Horizontal Integration Facility) just before integration with the 1st stage.

3142561_orig.jpg

You can see the nozzle is so large that it completely covers the entire engine.

Extended Exhaust nozzel? Could I get a picture please? I did all of this off of a single photo for a lack of them. PM please

BA665: Link below is, for lack of a better word, the owner's manual for the Delta series. It's big (a 267-page PDF), but it has a LOT of schematics and drawings of every current version of the Delta available for sale. I think it might be helpful.

The nozzle on the RL10-B has four rods surrounding it. It looks like the engine is a staked-up tree. Those rods are actually pistons screws (Blaylock is correct!) that extend a carbon fiber nozzle extension skirt. I think the stage's avionics control it to maximize the efficiency of the nozzle's expansion ratio based on the altitude the engine is at. Here's a photo from Wikipedia where you can see the rods (with the skirt removed). Honestly, I'm not sure it's worth the effort to animate it (assuming it can be done at all)....

Here's the ULA document link: http://www.ulalaunch.com/site/docs/product_cards/guides/DeltaIVPayloadPlannersGuide2007.pdf

Hope this helps!

Edited by daver4470

BA665: Link below is, for lack of a better word, the owner's manual for the Delta series. It's big (a 267-page PDF), but it has a LOT of schematics and drawings of every current version of the Delta available for sale. I think it might be helpful.

The nozzle on the RL10-B has four rods surrounding it. It looks like the engine is a staked-up tree. Those rods are actually pistons screws (Blaylock is correct!) that extend a carbon fiber nozzle extension skirt. I think the stage's avionics control it to maximize the efficiency of the nozzle's expansion ratio based on the altitude the engine is at. Here's a photo from Wikipedia where you can see the rods (with the skirt removed). Honestly, I'm not sure it's worth the effort to animate it (assuming it can be done at all)....

Here's the ULA document link: http://www.ulalaunch.com/site/docs/product_cards/guides/DeltaIVPayloadPlannersGuide2007.pdf

Hope this helps!

Great find!

Also, this diagram will help with the variants if BobCat wants all of them

family_full.jpg

Only the 4m 2nd stage is orange, the 5m 2nd stages are all white on the outside.

Great find!

Also, this diagram will help with the variants if BobCat wants all of them

snip

Only the 4m 2nd stage is orange, the 5m 2nd stages are all white on the outside.

Thanks, for right now I only plan on doing the 5m heavy variant. It isn't bobcat doing the Delta, it's me. Bobcat is working on the Aries V right now. I am doing the Delta IV Heavy to replicate the EF-1 Flight slated for 20-whatever that is the first orbital test of the Orion capsule.

Thanks, for right now I only plan on doing the 5m heavy variant. It isn't bobcat doing the Delta, it's me. Bobcat is working on the Aries V right now. I am doing the Delta IV Heavy to replicate the EF-1 Flight slated for 20-whatever that is the first orbital test of the Orion capsule.

I think it's slated for two-thousand-and-when-we-get-some-money.... (/sigh)

I will joyfully, thankfully, and frequently use any heavy lifter you choose to build!

Could you at least do the SRB? That alone would allow making two more variants of Delta IV

Give us a minute, the RAT has taken a back seat for a second due to the Delta IV that I am working on and Bobcat is doing the American Pack as well as HOME II stuff.

I really love the Mk 4 RAT and was waiting on the update. I added the part{} code to all parts, and all work but the DEMVDROP_asas_hull. With out that working I can't load the craft file DROP.

Thank you for the hard work. I will keep waiting on an update.

You know... after rereading my replay maybe I could have worded it a little better... It should have been (and is) more of a thank you than a request. And "Delta IV!!!" That will be awesome!!! And you say BobCat is working on a Home II... Again... awesome!!!

Hate to ask... Might you have a link to the hotfix dll. file?

And again... not rushing either of you guys... RL is always first and all of the new real to life packs are really cool. I really like to try and keep my designs as close to what is in use now so....

Plus, I'm having a real hard time letting go of my .19 setup... still works flawless for me...

And Thanks to the both of you for all of your hard work on all of your mods...

So I have been going over the DEMvDropASAShull.cfg to see if I could find why it is not loading, and I found the problem. the line "{fixed} module = Part" was in lower case "{original} module = part".

Now the craft file DROP loads with no problem.

So for any of you other players that want the Mk4 RAT to work for 0.20.2 you just need to and the PART { all other code } and change the module = part in the DEMvDropASAShull.cfg to module = Part and you will be good to go.

Thanks again for a great rover. :cool:

Thanks, you're awesome. :)

My Pleasure, anyways they don't look to be too much extra work. I also want to do an NRO satellite for a payload. No sure if anyone knows what one looks like though. ULA wasn't allowed to show fairing sep due to the NRO requesting that all cameras be deactivated prior to this point in the launch sequence.

This must be a nice rover mod

Thank you

Thanks. Bobcat put a lot of work into making them, and I put relatively small amounts of work into making the Mk4 and Home 2m compatible with .18 and .19 (and will for .20) we appreciate it when people appreciate it.

I also want to do an NRO satellite for a payload.

Do you know which one you want to do (the codename)? I might be able to find you at least a "best guess" sketch of it, potentially.... I know some websites.... :)

The only spy sats that have ever been publicly shown are the early CORONA satellites, the still-in-assembly LACROSSE that was shown on an episode of Nova once, and the KH-7 HEXAGON. You should be able to find those with a quick google search. However, the CORONA is terribly outdated, and the LACROSSE and HEXAGON were launched by Titans....