[20.x]BobCat Ind. Release

BobCat

Where is the download link and is the A.N.T. ever going to be updated to 0.21.1?

Welcome to the KSP forums! Seeing as you are new, we'll let you off with a warning.

Anywho, the ANT will most likely not be updated by Bobcat anymore as he is currently redesigning everything to be better than before. However, the ANT, and other rovers, should be compatible with .21 already as there wasn't a major change from .20 to .21. I'm sure someone will spring up and help you out with the configs if there are any changes necessary.

As for the Download link, "We at Bobcat industrial encourage our customers to go to Spaceport themselves." Basically, you'll have to go to Kerbal Spaceport and search "Bobcat."

There is an ANT-like rover in the works, BobCat is re-designing the DEMVs. I think it will be compatible with HOME 3m garage once it's done. The old ANT is no longer supported, but should still work.

I'm so proud of myself, I fixed it!!! There is a resource cfg file missing in the download. If your reactor is not working it's because it's fuel "nuclearFuel" is not being loaded by the game. Here is how I fixed it:

Navigate to your GameData directory \ BobCatInd \ then add a folder named "Resources" in that folder I created a file called HOME.CFG and paste the following into that file:

RESOURCE_DEFINITION

{

name = nuclearFuel

density = 0.005

flowMode = ALL_VESSEL

transfer = PUMP

}

NOTE: I have no idea if any of this is wrong, or should be balanced, I just know it fixed the reactor for me.

I truly groove on the new look/feel of the HUB/Module design of the HOME series. I still use the old hab module for my space stations but the new one is going to slowly replace all of my landed habs.

Like a few others I have noticed a decided lean in the hab at lift off. still running test to see where the balance issue is but if anyone has a fix that would be great.

Alacrity

Yes, I had to do this too. I also have been doing some work and I advise others to do the following: beef the torque on the SAS and the command pod. Also add SAS functionality to the command pod. The parts currently are underpowered and can't handle the large modules like they should. I've also been working on making the nuclear reactor not dependent on throttle setting, as it currently is ATM.

I truly groove on the new look/feel of the HUB/Module design of the HOME series. I still use the old hab module for my space stations but the new one is going to slowly replace all of my landed habs.

Like a few others I have noticed a decided lean in the hab at lift off. still running test to see where the balance issue is but if anyone has a fix that would be great.

Alacrity

You have to place the inflatable hub habitat in symmetry (manually of course) It's CoM is bugged so you need to place two of them opposite each other. Also, buff the torque on the command pod and add SAS functionality. I suggest beefing the torque on the SAS units too. Right now, the HOME command pod as 10 torque while the mk 2 3 man pod has 25.

I'm feeling kind of stupid for asking this, but I can't find a download link at the top of this thread...(?)

Can someone please direct me where to download this, and also, is this compatible with 21.1?

Search "Bobcat" on spaceport or look in the most popular addons section 3rd from left.

Thanks, I found the H.O.M.E. mod per your instructions, but the only DEMV parts I am seeing on Spaceport are 18.2 or thereabouts.

What I want most are the DEMV Mark 4 Rat and Drop, and the other DEMV rovers. Are those not compatible with 21.1? I don't see any of those on Spaceport.

Also remove the old SAS/asas code and add the new ones to the pods.

Same applies to the mk2, Jool heavy lifter, nautilus, and probably other of Bobcat's awesome creations, though I have only tested these.

One of my A.N.T rovers is no longer displaying the open hatch feature for me. Making it impossible for my kerbals to get out. Any fixes for this?

Edited by jpem

I'm sure it was discussed somewhere, at some time, but finding it would be a challenge. SO I'll ask here:

How can I attach a rover inside a cargo bay? If I attach it to the surface, de-attaching it upon arrival would be impossible. If I use decouplers, at least some part of them will stay at the rover. It may not be a problem with bigger veichles, but it's catastrophic for smaller ones like DEMV Mark 3 EX http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/demv-mark-3-ex-2/

Sorry but I'm a bit "code illiterate". Can you paste in what I need to do in the part cfg's to fix the Sas part / modual ? The torque is easy enough (change the number) but I don't think I did the ASAS/SAS correctly

For the command pods, remove any of the following

rotPower = ...

linPower = ...

Kp = ...

Kd = ...

and any module with name=AdvSASModule

Then make sure that they have (still only the command pods)

MODULE
{
name = ModuleSAS
}
MODULE
{
name = ModuleReactionWheel
PitchTorque = 15
YawTorque = 15
RollTorque = 15
RESOURCE
{
name = ElectricCharge
rate = 1.5
}
}

where the three torque values are appropriate to the module size (5 for tiny, 15 for a 3man pod, maybe more for anything bigger), and the electric charge rate is 1/10 of each torque.

I'm sure it was discussed somewhere, at some time, but finding it would be a challenge. SO I'll ask here:

How can I attach a rover inside a cargo bay? If I attach it to the surface, de-attaching it upon arrival would be impossible. If I use decouplers, at least some part of them will stay at the rover. It may not be a problem with bigger veichles, but it's catastrophic for smaller ones like DEMV Mark 3 EX http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/demv-mark-3-ex-2/

If the decoupler stays on the rover after decoupling, it's mounted downside-up related to the rover.

Just noticed the airlocks are size4 versus regular docking ports being size1. Is this deliberate since it appears they would fit together fine?

Yes I changed it in the config to size 1, but I still cant get two inflated airlocks to dock end to end. Even though I select one as control from here and the other as the target.

Maybe they are not supposed to dock together? . I have a cluster of 5 Home2 bases landed on Duna but I cant dock them together :(

I cant even stick a stock Clamp-O-Tron Jr to the outside end as the tube only has one attachment node on its inside end.

Am I missing something ?