[20.x]BobCat Ind. Release

BobCat

• 3 weeks later...
Wow no comments since the 3rd

Yeah it sucks the rovers have been abandoned, bobcat said in another thread that he wasn't interested in them. I think it's a shame that the rover train and several other new rovers that are videos on bobcat's youtube look so close to being done but we're never released check this out:

Looks amazing but was never released :( I wouldn't mind playing with it in whatever state it's in

Yeah it sucks the rovers have been abandoned, bobcat said in another thread that he wasn't interested in them. I think it's a shame that the rover train and several other new rovers that are videos on bobcat's youtube look so close to being done but we're never released check this out:

Looks amazing but was never released :( I wouldn't mind playing with it in whatever state it's in

Not abandoned, just put on the back burner.

When I load the Recon module, the garage isn't open as it was pre-0.22. This means I'm unable to put a DEMV Mk V in there when I'm building the rocket. The part.cfg file has "animSwitch = false" under the MODULE tag, which I'm assuming means it should be open initially. When on the launchpad you only have the action to close the garage - once you close it & open it again does it show the open animation. Are there any fixes to the part.cfg file that can display it open in the VAB, or is this something that has to be fixed in the mbm or mu files? Or... are there other parts that it is dependent on that I forgot to copy into the game folder?

Same problem. Any advice guys?

I'm having some weird problems with the RAT in the DROP capsule. Am I just not attaching it right or do i have to have decouplers in the insider or...? I tried messing a little with the config files, but couldnt really find what i needed

Same problem. Any advice guys?

animSwitch is broken in 0.22, you could use 0.21 for this, or mess around with plugins (B9 allows controlling the initial state of an animation, you could see how it's done there).

animSwitch is broken in 0.22, you could use 0.21 for this, or mess around with plugins (B9 allows controlling the initial state of an animation, you could see how it's done there).

Just a small correction. All LostPsychonaut has to do is download the Firespitter plugin pack. No need to download the entire B9 bundle to get the animations to work correctly.

Guys, whether is somewhere a new manual for Soviet pack 2.0?

as this thread is for the rovers and other stuff

I already saw this while searching my post in historical crafts )) Just missed...

Edited by MaxP

Agree. Perhaps he would like to release it as "do whatever you want with it, as long as it says "Bobcat" and as long as it's yellow and white". I've got no noteworthy modelling skills, but I would love to take the effort to learn it all from a to z, if that would revive all the rovers to their former glory and beyond. Not that I have little time atm, but even if it's an hour or two everyday, every little helps.

So Bobcat, could it be possible to release all material you have (or wish to share) of the rovers free to tinker with to the community, to complete the good work you began? And perhaps other abandoned projects, like that plane you showed us quite a while back in that youtube video?

Agree. Perhaps he would like to release it as "do whatever you want with it, as long as it says "Bobcat" and as long as it's yellow and white". I've got no noteworthy modelling skills, but I would love to take the effort to learn it all from a to z, if that would revive all the rovers to their former glory and beyond. Not that I have little time atm, but even if it's an hour or two everyday, every little helps.

So Bobcat, could it be possible to release all material you have (or wish to share) of the rovers free to tinker with to the community, to complete the good work you began? And perhaps other abandoned projects, like that plane you showed us quite a while back in that youtube video?

He's already addressed why he doesn't want to hand old projects off to someone else: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/20860-BobCat-Ind-Colonization-exploring-and-research-vehicle?p=792118&viewfull=1#post792118

I can understand his position his reputation is on the line if somebody puts out sub standard work his name is attached to it, but the HOME pack and the ANT have over 200000 downloads combined thats huge and shows how popular his mods are it would be nice to see these live on for posterity

Just a small correction. All LostPsychonaut has to do is download the Firespitter plugin pack. No need to download the entire B9 bundle to get the animations to work correctly.

Currently using b9 which comes with firespitter. No luck though opening in action group mode. I guess ill dive into B9 code to see how it works in there as recommended, although I am quite amateurish with this stuff.

This issue needs to be revisited!

After fixing the solar array with this post:

After adding the missing Resources file for nuclearFuel, my PowerPlant still had broken solar panels... so I fixed them with this edit to the part.cfg for the PowerPlant:

MODULE

{

name = ModuleDeployableSolarPanel

animationName = generator_solar_geploy

raycastTransformName = solar_panel_panel

resourceName = ElectricCharge

chargeRate = 100

powerCurve

{

key = 206000000000 0 0 0

key = 13599840256 1 0 0

key = 68773560320 0.5 0 0

key = 0 10 0 0

}

}

It appears I don't know how to multi quote, but credit for that last bit goes to damien667.

It appears that once I got this working on the Home PowerPlant, opening whichever (either the extend panels or activate nuclear engine) first makes the next one not animate. I have been trying to read through these 63 pages and employing the search tool, but my search ninja skills are alluding me.

So TLDR:

Anyone know how to fix modules with multiple animations?

I have tried to eliminate any pronoun use or nonspecifics from my post, but if I missed anything, please ask!

Just bumping this post, as it is extremely helpful to have functioning solar panels in the reactor.

Just bumping this post, as it is extremely helpful to have functioning solar panels in the reactor.

I could never get both the solar panels and the reactor doors to work. Only "either / or". Does anyone want to share a fully working part.cfg file with me? I would like to learn where my file failed.

I could never get both the solar panels and the reactor doors to work. Only "either / or". Does anyone want to share a fully working part.cfg file with me? I would like to learn where my file failed.

By simply copying what I reposted into the reactor cfg file, I got it to work.

Going out on a limb and assuming that none of these'll show up in Career mode if I add them in?

Nope, they won't. You'll have to manually add the techRequired fields. And for the DEMV's, you'll also have to add PART{} tags, unless you just install it in the KSP/Parts folder.

Well, I'm quite new here :P

Anyway, I've already seen the spaceport link for bobcat but the DEMV mk1, 2 and 4 are not there (Bobcat's page only shows 9 items). I've found them in spaceport in other links but quite bugged.

The Mk2 hull does not fit with the cargo and pod as I've seen in videos, and for the mk4 RAT some parts are not loading in the game (the RAT asas mostly).

Well, I'm quite new here :P

Anyway, I've already seen the spaceport link for bobcat but the DEMV mk1, 2 and 4 are not there (Bobcat's page only shows 9 items). I've found them in spaceport in other links but quite bugged.

The Mk2 hull does not fit with the cargo and pod as I've seen in videos, and for the mk4 RAT some parts are not loading in the game (the RAT asas mostly).

You have to manually add PART{} tags around the part cfg's. Look some pages back into this thread, there are some people somwhere that made tutorials for how to do it, and fix the other problems.