[20.x]BobCat Ind. Release

BobCat

Not sure what Bobcat's stance on this is, so I sincerely hope I don't step on any toes, but does anyone have a package containing all the HOME and DEMV .cfg files set up with career integration for .22/.23? I have them all working in .23, but not career integration, as that's a LOT of .cfg's to edit by hand. No sense in reinventing the wheel if someone has already done it and would be gracious enough to share their hard work. :D

Not playing career mode as its implemented wrong manned flight before probes supersonic flight chucked in down the tree somewhere its all wrong

And that's BobCats fault.... Why? If you don't like the tech tree there are mods to fix it, also. But don't complain on someone's mod page.

KSP's tech tree doesn't make sense from a realism standpoint, as doesn't most things in KSP, it's makes sense from a gameplay standpoint though, supersonic flight is pretty tricky, making people do that first doesn't make sense, manned flights are easier since you don't need to manage power etc, and as the previous guy said, there is a mod to change the tech tree around to be more realistic if you're into that.

I do agree that the career tree is kinda wonky, but look at it this way: no jet engines in KSP feature afterburners, so all "supersonic flight" in KSP that ISN'T propelled by a rocket engine is categorized as "supercruise," exceeding and maintaining supersonic flight without the use of an afterburner. The first manned mission to space was in 1961, and the first aircraft designed with supercruise in mind was in 1964. The actual first supercruise capable aircraft was in 1954, although it was only able to do so in certain conditions, as it was designed to use an afterburner to reach its top speed.

All that being said, I personally think the career tech tree is too slow anyways; I've never enjoyed an overly long grid.

all the links are broke including your spoilers

Welcome to the KSP Bobcat Thread! Firstly, the spoiler system has been broken since early 2012 due to someone using it to hack the site, or some bs. That's been on the to-do list for a long time. Probably need to add "Find to-do list" onto a new to-do list.

Secondly: Bobcat removed all the links to punish the people asking for updates (which obviously horribly backfired). Just go to spaceport, and search for bobcat.

Besides, this thread is completely outdated. It's a lot of work bringing everything back into usable state, you'd have to search the forum for the plugin update... I'd say, just let this die already. BobCat is making a new HOME, this one is totally obsolete.

I beg to disagree it works fine cleverwalrus updated the .dll and all the rovers work, the home units themselves work, one code change is required for the recon unit to work in the VAB but apart from that they are still quite playable. I am sure this will die quietly when a replacemant comes along, but until that day people still would like to use the old system which is understandable as long as they understand there is no support provided by the author and they can only be used in the sandbox as no tech tree info is available.

If the moderators dont like this delete the post please

Recon unit Fix provided by the squad devs / khaoscorp with anim switch change

MODULE

{

name = ModuleAnimateGeneric

animationName = door_open

animSwitch = true

animTime = 1

startEventGUIName = Open Garage

endEventGUIName = Close Garage

}

Edited by Virtualgenius

....... and they can only be used in the sandbox as no tech tree info is available.

Well if I am not mistaken all it takes to add items into the tech tree is to assign a few values and put the items into a relevant technical portion of the tree if you want to. That makes it pretty simple to add them into career mode I think....right??? Not trying to be a smart butt there just want to be sure if I wanted to go through all the parts and make them work.

Hi everyone

no matter how much i tried, i can't figure out the way to make these mods work with .23, i added Part{} to all places but at loading the mod, the game crashes even though i have enough ram left for it. Can anyone please share all the configs they are using for .23 ? it shouldn't be too much of file size, so please share that with community until the new version comes out?

thanks

There's no new version coming out, this particular mod is obsolete and dead. BobCat is making a new, much, much better HOME. Just let this old one rest in peace...

I got the Cleverwalrus dll.

What do I need to do to get the DEMV-5 rover to load? Where exactly to put it? I've tried a couple of ways but the game hangs in loading.

- GeorgeG

Well i have also seen that hang on loading issue. I usually just pull up the debug menu while its loading and click the option to reload all parts...

I am not using this mod so the results may vary but with other parts that have become stuck on loading its worked for me.

Press Left Alt and F12 at the same time to get the debug menu to pop up.

Click the Database Tab and then click the Reload all button.

Anyways hope that helps and if you do manage to get this mod running please let me know. As the parts do look pretty nice.

When installing a mod to use in the game, you add it in the GameData folder

My best guess would be something like this but since i don't have the mod installed the file name (Bobcat) may be different.

(Game Directory) GameData/Bobcat/parts/ (parts go here)

Edited by Sigma52