[UNOFFICIAL/FANMADE] 0.17 Discussion Thread 3

rasheed

Those orbit and SOI pics are very interesting.

Moho -- 0.4 KU (5.4e9 m), 2.5e22 kg (0.46 Kerbins)

Eve -- 0.8 KU (1.1e10 m), 9.47e22 kg (1.8 Kerbins)

Duna -- 1.4 KU (1.9e10 m), 5.56e21 kg (0.1 Kerbins)

Jool -- 5 KU (6.8e10 m), 4.34e24 kg (80 Kerbins)

Better figures will wait for someone with a ruler. Or 0.17, when they'll get much easier to work out.

Is there a relationship between SOI size and body mass? Or are those just rough guesses?

hey im a "whiny twelve year old" and i understand about it being an alpha,dont stereo type

say sorry

I am sorry Nutt, was been stereotypical in his comment.

Sadly however it was the vocal minority (with pitch forks an torch's) that went for Developer blood, when they released a poor quality buggy experimental to the whole community.

This is what lead to the Experimental Test Team been created 4-5 months ago.

Ohh, it has it perks, an I am honoured too be part of the Team, working (often very fun/rewarding) to find these bugs, so you's can play much more stable builds.

As I understand it the Test Team is 50+ Members (Not including Dev's + Moderators)

More positions may become open in time.

I like all the additions in the dev post, except the 'clicking the middle mouse button' part. I assume it's configurable, but I know that most 'middle buttons' are in fact the mousewheel, and are pretty hard to click, or double-click, without moving them.

So after reading that I did a little bit of research on NERVA rockets and Nuclear Thermal Engines. First I thought these things worked by making nuclear explosions

There was such a project, Project Orion, which basically dumped small nukes out the back and blew them up behind a heavy shield with lots of shock absorbers. It never progressed beyond the drawing board, though.

hey im a "whiny twelve year old" and i understand about it being an alpha,dont stereo type

say sorry

Relax, he obviously doesnt mean every 12 year old is whiny. But you gotta admit, the younger audience are probably the ones who dont understand that this game is in Alpha.

Anyway, I find it funny that even though Jool is so far away, its going to be much easier to get to than Moho.

Those orbit and SOI pics are very interesting.

Better figures will wait for someone with a ruler. Or 0.17, when they'll get much easier to work out.

UmbralRaptor, is this correct, Duna is 0.1 Kerbins, but Moho is 0.46 Kerbins?

when 0.17 comes out, im gonna not kill any kerbals... Extensive tests will be taken out to make sure my rockets are safe :D

That what they all say. But as soon as one accident happens, you start laughing and enjoying it. And before you know it, youre killing kerbals on purpose for your own amusment!

Is there a relationship between SOI size and body mass? Or are those just rough guesses?

No, SOI size is related to the mass ratio between the body and its primary, and the square of the distance between the two. In a two-body patched conics universe, a body's SOI ends at the distance where the gravity force of its primary is stronger than that of the body itself.

say sorry

Look the mods took care of it. I got a warning for trolling. Discussion over.

If you are still mad at me take it to PMs. I do not want to derail the thread over this.

/on topic, please

I found this video to be VERY useful for the next update, mainly the part around 9:49. Turns out I don't need to hold a protractor to my screen for planetary transfers!

Moho is the hardest to get an orbit in for sure. Jool looks quite easy with that HUGE sol

Yeah, certainly with the gravity effect of the sun, you could just fall in.

And, will there also be like if you go to close to the sun, you will get burned up because of the immense heat?

Nova what about update percent? 70%? 60%? 80%? 90%?Will it be until my birthday(25.10)?

Please do not ask for information about the realease date. Just don´t do it. It causes everyone pain man!

As far as interplanetary travel goes, I plan to do missions to Jool starting with the planet closest to it, and just boosting out from there, hoping to save fuel.

Edited by SkyHook