Craft becoming "corrupted"?

Hey guys,

Having a frustrating issue and I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing this.  I just spent a good hour or two building a craft, went to test it, and when I reverted back to the spaceplane hangar this is what I was looking at:

EBRcGzn.png

Doz2IxX.png

I understand it's hard to see what's happening because it's a complex craft, but basically what's happening is that many of the parts have "moved" and are badly clipping into one another.  I have a few mods installed, but aside from TAC LS, all of the parts here are stock.

46 minutes ago, MerlinsMaster said:

I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing this.

No, but it did rattle loose a recollection of something I heard about recently.

Are you using TweakScale? MakingHistory parts? Does this sound at all like what you're seeing? From what I gather it's not actually a bug in TweakScale, just something in KSP 1.9.x that TweakScale uncovered... Not sure what exactly is required to trigger it, but if it sounds familiar you might ask Lisias for details...

Edited by steve_v

I am not using Tweakscale, and I don't think I had any Making History parts on it, so I don't think it's that.  After thinking on it for a bit, I suspect my problem could be that I was using subassemblies that I created in a previous version of KSP, and maybe the current version might have some differences in how it places parts.  But of course that 's just a wild guess, but it seems to make sense.  Plus I rebuilt the whole thing from scratch and I did not have the issue that time...

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/31/2020 at 12:59 AM, steve_v said:

No, but it did rattle loose a recollection of something I heard about recently.

Are you using TweakScale? MakingHistory parts? Does this sound at all like what you're seeing? From what I gather it's not actually a bug in TweakScale, just something in KSP 1.9.x that TweakScale uncovered... Not sure what exactly is required to trigger it, but if it sounds familiar you might ask Lisias for details...

The Attach Nodes from parts with Variants are being reset from the prefab on the Editor. :(

So this affects every Add'On that changes or adds Attach Nodes (TweakScale is one of them).

If you launch the vessel directly into the LaunchPad, this problem does not happens - so this is, for sure, something happening on the SPH/VAB Editor.

Interesting enough, parts without Variants are Ok (until to this moment).

-- -- -- POST EDIT -- -- -- 

I was wrong! It's not the Attach Node, it's the surface mounting! :P 

@MerlinsMaster, can you send me your craft file?

The interesting part of it is that, at least for me, the mangling happens when you Load the craft on the Editor. If you launch it directly into the Airstrip or the LaunchPad (click on them while on the Space Center Scene, instead of clicking on the SPH or VAB), the crafts is all right.

Until the moment, TweakScaled parts were the ones borking but once you don't use it, I would like to inspect your craft file in order to search for patterns and learn a bit more about this problem!

Edited by Lisias
post edit

On 4/28/2020 at 11:11 AM, Lisias said:

@MerlinsMaster, can you send me your craft file?

Sure.  I'm not at home right now, but I'll get you a link later.

On 4/28/2020 at 11:11 AM, Lisias said:

The interesting part of it is that, at least for me, the mangling happens when you Load the craft on the Editor. If you launch it directly into the Airstrip or the LaunchPad (click on them while on the Space Center Scene, instead of clicking on the SPH or VAB), the crafts is all right.

Yes.  That same exact thing is happening with me, so whatever you're experiencing must be the same issue.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.