FAR BDArmory Modern Dogfight Competition (1.7.2)

This thread is Inspired by @panzerknoef's Air Superiority Fighter Competition thread.

In today's World, Aviation holds a great deal towards the balanced of a battlefield. Since their Introduction in World War 1, many Engineer has designed and innovated their Plane to become rulers of the sky in Aerial Warfare. Today's Modern Aerial Dogfight is more difference than it's old counterpart due to the introduction of Radar and Missile. That's why here in MDC, We challenge you Kerbal Engineer to create a Fighter that is both Deadly in Classic Dogfight (I.E Guns to Guns Dogfight) and combining it with new technologies of Radar and Missile.

MDC is a KSP BDArmory and FAR Powered Dogfight Challenge to promotes Realistic Design on Fighter Jets with a set of rule that both Minimize the Disadvantage and Maximize the Advantage. The Reason this challenge is Powered by both BDArmory and FAR mod is because BDArmory provides the Weaponary to be use for such Dogfight, while FAR provides the Realistic (at least authentic) Aerodynamics Design so that Player must know the basics of creating a plane as well min-maxing the potential of such plane to become deadly. In essence, RDMC disallowed Unrealistic looking plane, preferring to a realistic one.

The battle mode that MDC uses was KOTH as well using Single Elimination Tournament (or SET for short.). MDC's KOTH mode is like a test subject to see if you Aircraft is worthy to become a Fighter Plane that it need to be. While SET mode promotes Competitive Dogfight to see who was the best plane in the competition.

Tips on how to design a Fighter for the competition: 1. Always test it with a dummy plane who only have a Countermeasure (I.E Jammer, Chaff, and Flares)
                                                                                             2. Always test your Plane's Dogfight ability without the use of Missile.
                                                                                             3. Test it with the plane itself.
                                                                                             4. Fine tune your AI and your plane's aerodynamics
                                                                                             5. Learn your enemy

Now that's outta the way, let's get into the Modlist
MODLIST:
BDArmory (Must have)
- FAR (Must Have)
- B9 Procedural wing (Optional)
- Kerbal Foundries (Optional)
- Airplane Plus (Optional, More part) [V.26.2]
- Nice Mkseries Body (Optional, More part!) [Version V3.3]
- KJR (Must have to avoid Kraken.) [Uses Next if you are using Ckan)
- KBF (Optional ,Weapon.)[Uses the Latest Version]
- MK2 Expansion Pack (Optional, More Part.)
- Kerbal Engineer Redux and MechJeb (Optional, Mostly to calculate TWR) [I'm sure most people have this]
- Procedural Part (Optional, Useful for replica, Old Texture pack is Compatible)
- Tweakscale (Optional, Useful) [Version 2.4.3.9]
(As requested by @Pds314, the mod list now have a download link to it)

Note: Any mod other than the one in the list is Banned

How to apply:

Use KerbalX to upload your Craft file (Use Version 1.7.2 of KSP), and post it in down there along with Info of the craft (I.E Part counts, Armament, Countermeasure, and TWR.)

Craft Rules set:
- Maximum amount of part is 100 (Excluding the Missile)
- Maximum amount of Missile is 8 Missile. (It's divided between left and right side of the plane)
- No turret is allowed (Only Fixed Vulcan and 50 Cals)
- Maximum amount of Cannon/Gun is 2
- Maximum amount of Ammo Dispenser is 2
- Maximum amount of Chaff and Flares Dispenser is 4 each
- Maximum amount of Jammer is 1
- Radar is Optional but is encourage.
- Sci-fi looking plane is allowed, but don't go overboard
- The Armor setting at max is 15 and can only be place at the fuselage.
- All Cockpit Torque must be disabled

Note: The Craft Rules set may change if a loophole is found.

HOW TO ENTER MDC'S SET Tournament:

1. Your Fighter Jets must at least have Win a dogfight for 5 times in a row (Or shoot down at least 10 Fighter) in Regular DMC's KOTH
  2. Knows the Advantage and Disadvantage of your plane (If the enemy don't want to know this, you could DM me instead)
  3. You could only have 1 Plane in one Tournament. (That means if you lose a tournament, you couldn't apply more plane until the recent tournament has ended)
  4. You could no longer apply a Fighter once you have exceeded the deadline

KOTH Rules set:

Just follow the Craft rules and you'll be fine, Upload as many fighter as you want but for heaven sake be patient.

KOTH Leaderboards Info:

MDC's KOTH Leaderboards is divided into 2. One is based on how many Dogfight the Plane have one, and the other is based on how many plane it has shot down.

KOTH's Leaderboards (Based on How many Dogfight it has won):
-

KOTH's Leaderboards (Based on how many Plane it has shot down):
-

AUTHOR'S NOTE: FORGIVE MY GRAMMAR PLEASE

Edited by Mukita12

I'm not gonna edit this because the part is already looking Thicc

So for KOTH, it will 3 round 4v4 Sorties match, while for SET it will be 2 round of 2v2 sorties match an the winner is counted by the amount plane it shot down

anyways here's a craft Queue for KOTH

KOTH CRAFT QUEUE:
- @ "." v @ "."

• 3 weeks later...

Any rules on engine configuration or craft weight? Is adding like 6 engines considered legit if it's in a "realistic" configuration? If so, I guarantee you will have planes with stupidly high TWRs.

Edited by Pds314

On 4/28/2020 at 7:51 PM, Joseph Kerman said:

No Tweakscale?

Tweakscale is allowed

On 5/2/2020 at 1:02 PM, Pds314 said:

Any rules on engine configuration or craft weight? Is adding like 6 engines considered legit if it's in a "realistic" configuration? If so, I guarantee you will have planes with stupidly high TWRs.

Configuration is mostly based on What's on IRL

So yeah since 6 Engines Configuration only works in Regular Jets. So no, Maybe 3 is at max.. I'll update the rules about it

WRT mods, it would be great if we had download links or at least version numbers in the thread for correct versions of these mods. I don't know what versions will work with 1.7.2 or what versions you're using.

Edited by Pds314

1 hour ago, Pds314 said:

WRT mods, it would be great if we had download links or at least version numbers in the thread for correct versions of these mods. I don't know what versions will work with 1.7.2 or what versions you're using.

Just use the latest Version from all of this mod that's before 1.8 and compatible with 1.7.2 and you should be good, also CKAN is a thing you know(Unless you use MAC or Linux which i don't know the options are)

Surprised my test design (it's a rocketplane. Not necessarilly anything like an actual entry) has such decent wave drag. Considering I just threw it together by eye.
Zw6arz4.png

Also wow I have never seen this cockpit before. It looks like it was designed by Species 8472 lol.
urJWOHE.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.