[1.3.1] Ferram Aerospace Research: v0.15.9.1 "Liepmann" 4/2/18

ferram4

Having a minor problem with FAR.

Downloaded the new patch, and now don't see the control surfaces settings menu anymore. Just gives me the simulation options.

This along with a dozen other issues, but not with this mod luckly.

I am having a problem that i believe is being caused by FAR. Upon updating to .23 i added only a few mods, FAR, KJR, and enhanced navball. Everything was working great until I tried my first orbital flight in the new patch in my brand new career save. It seems that something was broken with the decouplers. They behaved very strangely at high altitudes and in orbit. I can only say that this happened with the standard medium decoupler that is unlocked I think in the first science purchase. It seemed that after decoupling the spent stage would fly away at a tremendous rate in a retrograde direction. To test that I placed my craft facing retrograde and staged, which resulted in the spent stage colliding with the upper stage instantaneously. After this happened once I exited the game and deleted Kerbal Joint Reinforcement from my mods and tried again, and I got the same result. So, I exited out again and this time deleted FAR, the next test fixed the problem and the decoupler worked as usual.

Edit: I wanted to add that I updated through steam, and also verified integrity of game before even starting up for the first time.

Edited by Wafflz

@nullreference: At what altitude and angle of attack? I've not seen this happen at all in my tests, and frankly, it sounds like something else is causing the issue.

@jrandom: Nope, as a result of changes to the way the editor Lock function works. You'll have to stick to v0.11 for KSP 0.22.

I just updated, and I am unable to move the FAR button in both the VAB and during flight.

I tried left click, right click, middle click. Both with the big FAR window open and closed.

Same here. I'm not sure how the toolbar works or if there is even a way to move it.

Click on the arrow on the side of the toolbar; that will open a dropdown menu that will allow you to unlock its position. Then move it all over the place.

Thanks, must have missed clicking that arrow, some how :blush:

Yeah decouplers are being really weird for me since I installed the new version of this. At 120km, facing retrograde while decoupling destroyed my entire ship every time. Decoupling facing radially just destroyed the jettisoned parts.

Yeah, I'm aware of this. Turns out that vessels are set up to have an altitude of 0 when they're first created, which leads to FAR picking the density at sea level every time you decouple things.

I'm working on a fix right now, should be out in ~10-15 mins.

Version 0.12.1 is out, and the bug is squashed. Basically what was happening was that I was using the vessel's altitude to determine what the atmospheric density was, but that is apparently set to 0 for the first physics frame that it exists. So every part was getting smacked with sea-level atmospheric density on decoupling.

Mea culpa. I should have done more testing; that level of game breaking shouldn't have gotten through. Sorry for that guys. :(

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.