"Build a new orbital station around Gilly" - asteroid

I have the contract "Build a new orbital station around Gilly". This requires that I build the Station on a class E asteroid and have it orbiting Gilly. My Questions...

1) Do I grab the asteroid and put it in orbit around Kerbil - build the station and then move it to the Eve system?

2) If I do put it in orbit around Kerbin I know it will complete an existing "put a Class E in orbit of Kerbin" do I have to go and get a 2nd class E for the station contract since the contract require s NEW asteroid?

3) If I have the Class E in Kerbin orbit to build the station and I release the Grabber will that reset the contract so I have to grab another?

I guess my main question is do I have to take the Class E straight to GIlly and build the station there or can I build it "closer to home" and then move it?

Also with Gilly's gravity being so low what is the trick to putting a Class E in orbit around it?

Thanks in advance.

Bruce

1. I would guide a suitable roid to Gilly first and then build a base on it. 

2. I believe if you agree to both contracts before starting either one, the same roid should count for both. However, guiding roids around is expensive and difficult, which is why I still recommend not trying to capture one for Kerbin and then move it. 

3. I do not know. 

4. The trick to orbiting Gilly is to go really, really slow. 

35 minutes ago, jbdenney said:

3) If I have the Class E in Kerbin orbit to build the station and I release the Grabber will that reset the contract so I have to grab another?

No. You can think of it like that: when you grab an asteroid for the first time then it is checked if there are any contracts open that require you to grab an asteroid of this class. If there are then that asteroid gets a "flag" that kind of says "this asteroid is O.K. for fulfilling this contract". (Actually the  contract has a list saying "these asteroids are O.K. for me".)

35 minutes ago, jbdenney said:

I guess my main question is do I have to take the Class E straight to GIlly and build the station there or can I build it "closer to home" and then move it?

Either approach works. Which one is easier depends on your playstyle.

My solution was to design an asteroid tug that also fulfilled the other requirements of the contract.

Edited by AHHans

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.