You get a million dollars but...

HCB-11

You get a million dollars but for the rest of your life at random, you are suddenly teleported to a random time period.

For example, you are ordering a coffee at a Starbucks and suddenly *POOF* you get teleported to Berlin in 1945 just before the Soviets capture it.

Although after a certain amount of time you do get teleported back to where you came and you don't affect history.

Would you take it?

Edited by MarsBy2024OrBust
I forgot the "Would you take it" part. Oops.

1 hour ago, MarsBy2024OrBust said:

You get a million dollars but for the rest of your life at random, you are suddenly teleported to a random time period.

For example, you are ordering a coffee at a Starbucks and suddenly *POOF* you get teleported to Berlin in 1945 just before the Soviets capture it.

Although after a certain amount of time you do get teleported back to where you came and you don't affect history.

Would you take it?

Seems like a perfect example of what TVTropes.com calls “blessed with suck” I’d take the offer just because I could get so much more money from predicting random events in the future, should I have access to a calendar in the pocket time.

A powerful ability with the correct precautions, not even counting the million-dollar test reward.

Edited by Fraston

You get a million dollars (USD),

Spoiler

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTyxwc1NE-c7BtKqXWGE1t

buy a pack of Georgian tea (not from Georgia, but from Georgia)

Spoiler

QPwaEsmoZNdssk_avPsxbIh-8yMbAWZILd0b2jY2

and appear in the George III palace where he is giving an audience to the East India Company managers.

They wonder, what is this tea, who are these strangely familiar people on the banknotes, and who has printed them.

5 hours ago, cubinator said:

How far does this time travel go? Are we talking the latest century? Or am I going to find myself wading through a Permian swamp with Dimetrodons?

Basically any point in time.

On 6/3/2020 at 8:03 PM, cubinator said:

Great, so I need to wear a spacesuit. No thanks.

*calling NASA*

“Sooo, I need to rent a space suit”

“We don’t do that, you crazy person.”

“No, you don’t see-I have a funky ability that warps me into a different time and after a while warps me back.”

”I’m calling shenanigans here”

“No, just this morning I saw <very specific thing not known yet about an important historical event:>”

“Wh-“

Is it proportional to the movement of the earth or do you just usually end up in space where the Earth was. Also, what if you’re teleported to the death of the universe and die from not existing

On 6/3/2020 at 9:03 PM, MarsBy2024OrBust said:

Basically any point in time.

as in being in the future

Edited by HansonKerman

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.