Massive colonial ship exploring the Kerbol system

ok, soo... this is from december, but its a gigantic ship i made in my last stock playthrough. It had a mass of 2700t full, and 600 empty, 28 NERVs, 11km/s delta V, 147m long, 13m tall and wide, and about 350 parts

Ok, the adventures of the massive colonial ship

First thing that happens with every vessel in a stock career; you launch it

u3dJXhk.jpg

And since i launched it practically empty, i needed to refuel it. by eating a class D asteroid.

8n13JLM.jpg

and since that wasnt enough fuel (the asteroid already only had a little left), i went to the mega asteroid space station i made. the Station was designed as a shipyard, and could hold up to 4 class E asteroids. i finished off mining that asteroid dry with this giant ship. also, it is completely stock with no mods OR DLCs, and those gigantic parts are actually fairings.

lqQH0wG.jpg

Afterwards, i went to Duna. i didnt just depart straight from the station. also, the ship has two docking port sr., and two universial ports (all three merged into one) at the back. the burn to Duna was just a standard burn to another planet, nothing special there. also, the NERVs are in four clusters of 7, and each cluster is covered in a fairing. it kinda looks like nuclear lightbulbs. for SOME REASON, this is the only ship with a NERV heating issue, but only kinda lol

pND4ezy.jpg

Arrived at Duna to refuel cruiser that was in orbit around Ike. The ship orbited at Ike's orbit before entering orbit around Ike

E8Wq1Ig.jpg

Refueling the cruiser enough for it to land on Ike, refuel and then go into low Duna orbit along with the massive colonial ship.

x2YiPbS.jpg

Massive colonial ship and cruiser leaving Duna to go to Eve

FnQLE9A.jpg

nrLak0K.jpg

Inserted into orbit around Eve, i had about 1km/s left of fuel. i did NOT REFUEL after undocking with the asteroid station around Kerbin.

XRca5DB.jpg

In orbit around Gilly, pondering how to refuel the ship. just go an idea; why not LAND THE WHOLE DARN THING?! so i docked the cruiser to the ship in sush a way that it would be able to burn without flipping around.

75TJei7.jpg

Landed the massive colonial ship on top of the cruiser, it was kinda tricky due to the LOW gravity, but i did it! I refueled on Gilly, took some time, and when i open the alt+f12 debug menu to see how much the low gravity was exerting, i saw that it weighed 80kN on GILLY lol. this is Jeb planting the flag

roOw04A.jpg

Took off from Gilly, undocked the two now fully fueled ships, and prepared to leave to go to the mythical place of Dres after i tried an ion craft that went WAAAAAY too fast pas that "planet". You may notice that i have four Rhino engines on the back, why? i have no idea! but then i realized that they have about 500m/s delta V along with the 10km/s of the NERVs, so i could use the four rhinos as a boost to get at LEAST three times the acceleration, and to fly away from Eve.

PMajPcA.jpg

The burn was done at 4x timewarp, and at 6fps, and the burn took about 30 ingame minutes...

cw0vHSW.jpg

BDdE8iX.jpg

Arriving at the mythical place of Dres

hmsKkBz.jpg

The ship is still in orbit around Dres. i have since started a modded playthrough.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.