Delta Engineering & Rocket Production Co. (DERP Co) Parts Pack 0.1

j516mt

'Cept now we have struts, don't we?

Its not really a structural issue, its a logical one, dealing with how the game treats connections.

Its a parent-child setup, where a lquid engine is a child of a fuel tank, or the case of a normal tri-coupler, the 3 engines are a child of the tri-coupler, which is a child of the tank above is.

engines pull fuel from the 'highest' parent in the stack, as long as all parts have the full-passing variable turned on in the config.

Parts don't have multiple parents on the same level (in the stock example, the tank above the tricoupler is a 2nd level parent, or a grandparent if it helps you think about it.

So on a reverse tricoupler, the coupler would have to be the child of all 3 tanks, with the single engine a child of that. The game engine simply doesn't allow that logically. It will need special coding, to make the engine pull fuel from all 3 tanks at once, rather than one by one, as well.

So if you strap them up there with fuel-passing struts, the parent-child flow still would be linear; if the three tanks are A, B and C, then you could connect B as a child of A, then C as a child of B, and finally make the tricoupler a child of C, then the engine.

Bu it would drain A completely 1st, then B, then C - this should do weird things to weight balance, and having things strapped and unconnected like that is going to be wobbly anyway.

Incidentally, this is the same reason that parallel engines won't draw from a tank below it. Say you have 3 tanks parallel to each one, the 2 outside ones are likely children of the middle one and they can use fuel from that tank and any parents, but not any other childs of the middle tank. Nor can the middle tank use fuel from the side tanks since they are children of it.

Just an update for version 0.2 which should be released within the next week.

I\'ll be adding

-Self-Destruct Module - A small module that will destroy the parts immediately above and belove the module.

-1.75m Tricoupler - Same look and function as the normal Tricoupler, just sized up for 1.75m. If you want the part now, I posted it here

-Special S.O.S. Decoupler. Just something to make the attachment of the S.O.S. to the rest of the rocket look a bit neater.

I\'ll be changing

-The S.O.S. Orbital Thruster- I just don\'t like the way it looks right now, so I\'ve already remodelled it and re-skinned it.

-I\'ll be playing around with the mass of the S.O.S. because as of now, it seems to be a bit too heavy.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

bump, update anybody?

PD

What you just did there, don\'t do that again. We have too many morons who don\'t think before they post.

Hell, we have people that joined around the first week of December and have hundreds of posts. I\'ve been here since July and barely have 300.

• 3 weeks later...

You should make an engine that fits onto three tanks rather than a reverse tri-coupler and an engine

that would actually be less functional. Right now the tricouplee only attaches to one tank but you can use fuel lines so it drains from all three. An engine would only attach to one tank and couldn\'t use fuel lines

• 4 months later...