[Completed] JNSQ Space Race 2: Two Race, Two Space

Kerbal Republic of snacks: Snacks For All!!!

XHRn691.png

Introducing our first launch vehicle a modified ICBM new high-tech design with a military spy satellite com sat payload!

-8_NlMrJ1GHEEc07u8IF96qxFp6VOIebdfXxHIPqtJTbEpM7EP0EIrKfxAr9NTGeGoq61cfspQMztlk6MWkA8RRO6XD3p7NP342ZJ24uuJSv0inKIz8VDe3n3nZzhGXJJp0yxDzY

G3QFKtIVgxoYedHI85ngDVfO_4LrcPTDxY8tfB9D1y5aufLN_I_4wU5gpcupbCERp8Z4X14cp8dCPs2T1z5_JVCYszJPSTtKk26ZQHwa5Vz2H9AI8FQTIU02XeCWsRvNhK437xHxvPTCYHoETfwr8PQRy7M6QX4tBUzDw2a7OUogpySF2iKmedahqE8UCtSIsjo9TkPNkZr3ROMpZmiLM-Fzxs2klgckwOhC8RRzEWgS3z-5CEZJNnJ-FetjG_BBgl_PWN8lmS0SRZj1L

h95Y2ToXvT7eZPQNHHekLekC30ziudV95VOXBNLkHkQIfgbhhNhjus1OAQQiFgva7sZiIwnL6zQzj5O2Eoh5aWS4tsls0HSR9WMjm_tAX-kIF5D49zL4h0fecZ92k4n3FRgAQvtE

FFWFc-ymRdXBQznpMHwozOHGM9pHG9vGc9JvVs1cqlOIj5Tr7G5hHKMwAsnoYPLOVHaA4GI0hNwinqLp5qfcQiILMDPbrNEmCm7T9hsidOLWH0hx4ll4IksFOvC9cmG2w1BjQali

i had so much fuel left that i kept the stages for future use.

Edited by epicfailure2020

5 minutes ago, epicfailure2020 said:

Kerbal Republic of snacks: Snacks For All!!!

XHRn691.png

Introducing our first launch vehicle a modified ICBM new high-tech design with a military spy satellite com sat payload!

-8_NlMrJ1GHEEc07u8IF96qxFp6VOIebdfXxHIPqtJTbEpM7EP0EIrKfxAr9NTGeGoq61cfspQMztlk6MWkA8RRO6XD3p7NP342ZJ24uuJSv0inKIz8VDe3n3nZzhGXJJp0yxDzY

G3QFKtIVgxoYedHI85ngDVfO_4LrcPTDxY8tfB9D1y5aufLN_I_4wU5gpcupbCERp8Z4X14cp8dCPs2T1z5_JVCYszJPSTtKk26ZQHwa5Vz2H9AI8FQTIU02XeCWsRvNhK437xHxvPTCYHoETfwr8PQRy7M6QX4tBUzDw2a7OUogpySF2iKmedahqE8UCtSIsjo9TkPNkZr3ROMpZmiLM-Fzxs2klgckwOhC8RRzEWgS3z-5CEZJNnJ-FetjG_BBgl_PWN8lmS0SRZj1L

h95Y2ToXvT7eZPQNHHekLekC30ziudV95VOXBNLkHkQIfgbhhNhjus1OAQQiFgva7sZiIwnL6zQzj5O2Eoh5aWS4tsls0HSR9WMjm_tAX-kIF5D49zL4h0fecZ92k4n3FRgAQvtE

FFWFc-ymRdXBQznpMHwozOHGM9pHG9vGc9JvVs1cqlOIj5Tr7G5hHKMwAsnoYPLOVHaA4GI0hNwinqLp5qfcQiILMDPbrNEmCm7T9hsidOLWH0hx4ll4IksFOvC9cmG2w1BjQali

i had so much fuel left that i kept the stages for future use.

Dang! I haven't even started and the first 2 milestones are gone. Well, good job.

Advanced Audacious Aerospace Research Group: Our first rocket launch!

WrdBgRz.png

A momentous day at AAARG as we set things on fire, on purpose! And they don't explode immediately!

Spoiler

rfPUTz2.png

9RYjNm8.png

jfGwByI.png

D00K6AC.png

From launch to orbit in under 9 minutes, including a 3 minute coast to circularisation. Our rocket's performance exceeded our wildest expectations, leaving over 1600m/s of delta-V in the second stage. Coming soon: Satellite 2! And if that works as well as Satellite 1, we'll follow that up with Orbiter 1 and hurl a terrified fearless and brave Kerbal over the Kérmán line for a while. Any volunteers?

...anyone?

Full album is here: https://imgur.com/a/iAVX7RM

1 minute ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

Advanced Audacious Aerospace Research Group: Our first rocket launch!

WrdBgRz.png

A momentous day at AAARG as we set things on fire, on purpose! And they don't explode immediately!

Reveal hidden contents

rfPUTz2.png

9RYjNm8.png

jfGwByI.png

D00K6AC.png

From launch to orbit in under 9 minutes, including a 3 minute coast to circularisation. Our rocket's performance exceeded our wildest expectations, leaving over 1600m/s of delta-V in the second stage. Coming soon: Satellite 2! And if that works as well as Satellite 1, we'll follow that up with Orbiter 1 and hurl a terrified fearless and brave Kerbal over the Kérmán line for a while. Any volunteers?

...anyone?

Full album is here: https://imgur.com/a/iAVX7RM

NOOOOOO ANOTHER ONE NOOOOOOOOO

I can't even start because my KSP time is in the after noon :( 

Anyways, congrats on your first launch!

Just now, epicfailure2020 said:

0lKew6ZM8Rp5b7lSoHTWXCP8JYWFnYX6hxoCs6oJPk9zkdw2UMLl6ABMppMBGWI7TJ-Y-oPI26AgTfXqTFyUo36uHVrFB8UYBgIH3rdp3JSIoaT71DT960MlWqDCaD3QiXXrpbvYthis happens when i search jnsq in game data. if your wondering why its called ro i was reusing a old gamedata.

Do you have Kopernicus and Modular Flight Integrator? That's what you need to make JNSQ work.

Looks like that's what needs to be added to the OP. Under mods for the game.

Advanced Audacious Aerospace Research Group: Our first second rocket launch!

WrdBgRz.png

A momentous day at AAARG as we set more things on fire, on purpose! And they don't explode immediately again!

Spoiler

TcfeO9k.png

UlnRKlX.png

LQsE4Md.png

lCaKYk5.png

Satellite 2 is identical to Satellite 1, except for the number at the end of the name. We launched from Woomera2 because it was still daylight there (so we could get nice pictures) and also because it was nearer to the North Pole; we tried to explain to the Board that this didn't actually matter for a polar orbit, but they were more concerned about dropping spent rocket parts through Santa's roof to listen...

They were also distracted by a really really REALLY big mountain near the launch site. If it wasn't for the fact that this is a Space Race, they would probably have someone climbing it as I speak. They were so fixated on that mountain that they distracted the controllers and the mission nearly ended in disaster as the target apoapsis was set to 80km by default- inside the atmosphere- and had to be corrected after the rocket had already reached that altitude; it cost some fuel, but there was plenty to spare and the orbit was made with over 1km/s delta-V remaining.

Next up, Jeb Bob Bill Val whichever Kerbal we manage to trap in a corner of the Astronaut Complex is going into SPAAAACE! Whether they want to or not...

Full album is here: https://imgur.com/a/szot098

At this point AAARG's space enterprises have lasted a total of 22 minutes. The Board have decided to stick with Luciole Space Systems as their primary supplier for the next few missions and construction of Orbiter 1 is ongoing. The Board have also decided that just lobbing Orbiter 1 into space and then bringing it down immediately will be quicker than waiting for it to orbit around Kerbin and then bringing it down somewhere vaguely near the KSC

Edited by jimmymcgoochie

6 minutes ago, epicfailure2020 said:

i installed the wrong version. the first rocket should still work but i will see if my satellite is still working.

You should probably start a new save, because when I tried doing that, all of my crafts, either ended up at the bottom of the sea, or if they were attached with launch clamps, fly into the sky. Or the worse possible, end up underneath the surface.

Edited by GuessingEveryDay

6 minutes ago, epicfailure2020 said:

i installed the wrong version. the first rocket should still work but i will see if my satellite is still working.

You'll need to start from scratch- on the off chance you're high enough to avoid the satellite being inside Kerbin, it still doesn't count as a proper launch as JNSQ is a much larger scale system (2.7x) so you need a much bigger and more powerful rocket.

Advanced Audacious Aerospace Research Group: Our first ever crewed rocket launch!

WrdBgRz.png

A momentous day at AAARG as we do what we never dared to (deliberately) do before- stick a Kerbal on top of a rocket! And fire it into SPAAAAAACE!

Natagard Kerman didn't run away fast enough bravely volunteered to pilot this first mission. She will forever be remembered as the first Kerbal to make it into orbit, and come back down again! The Board spent two hours debating how someone could come back from orbit without getting there first, apparently oblivious to the opposite concept...

Numerous important discoveries were made, the most important (for the Board, at least) being that launching at night makes for rubbish mission photographs, because it's dark. They were also disappointed with the performance of the solar panels mounted on the pod, until it was explained that they weren't expected to work, because it's dark.

Spoiler

bPnjcet.png

fekD51c.png

kySs1G3.png

Mb6NX0g.png

0If2WiX.png

Despite the Board's dissatisfaction with the poor quality images returned from the mission, because it was performed at night, and despite not actually completing an orbit of Kerbin (merely raising its periapsis above the atmosphere to be on an orbital trajectory), Orbiter 1 was a tremendous success. Already plans are being drawn up for the next series of missions just as soon as I go back to page 1 and check what they are the Board decide on our future strategy.

Natagard Kerman was praised by the Board for her dedication to her employers, as she was heard screaming our name during re-entry before passing out from fear extreme G-forces. Since we've only ever sent one Kerbal into space, it remains to be seen whether 'talking to yourself' and 'being utterly terrified of small spaces and the smell of burning plastic' are common symptoms of space travel.

Full album is here: https://imgur.com/a/GsGqf9s

AAARG's space program has been running for a grand total of 46 minutes and 18 seconds but already we've launched two satellites into orbit AND a crewed mission to a stable orbit and then back to the surface.

Edited by jimmymcgoochie

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.