Do you launch from the VAB/SPH or Launchpad/Runway?

Misguided Kerbal

Do you launch from the VAB/SPH or Launchpad/Runway?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you launch from more?

• The VAB/SPH ONLY
    • The Launchpad/Runway ONLY
    • Both
    • Neither, I don't launch from anywhere
    • I don't care, ok?
    • Other (Please state below)

Vote in the poll.

I personally launch from the VAB/SPH only. 2 reasons:

1. Kerbal Konstructs only works in the VAB/SPH if I want to launch from somewhere else

2. My old KASA save was really buggy, so I could only launch from the VAB/SPH. It's not in my new save anymore, but you know, habit.

If I just want to launch something I’ve already built, as is, I launch from the pad or runway (and I can select the launch site from that menu too including KK and DLC sites). Otherwise, I open the menu in the pad/runway and find the craft but then start editing it and then launch from the VAB/hangar once I’m done editing it.

If I’m building from scratch I go straight to the VAB/hangar. Those instances become increasingly rare as I progress through a play through and eventually all I need to do is build the probe/rover/whatever without bothering about a launch rocket and then use KSTS to put it in orbit using a pre-recorded launch which is more precise and less of a faff than doing a proper launch each time.

1 minute ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

If I just want to launch something I’ve already built, as is, I launch from the pad or runway (and I can select the launch site from that menu too including KK and DLC sites). Otherwise, I open the menu in the pad/runway and find the craft but then start editing it and then launch from the VAB/hangar once I’m done editing it.

If I’m building from scratch I go straight to the VAB/hangar. Those instances become increasingly rare as I progress through a play through and eventually all I need to do is build the probe/rover/whatever without bothering about a launch rocket and then use KSTS to put it in orbit using a pre-recorded launch which is more precise and less of a faff than doing a proper launch each time.

Ah, ok. Instead, I build the payload, then merge it with a prebuilt launcher and let mechjeb do it. Another reason I launch from the VAB/SPH is because last minute changes, and stuff. But yeah, I understand your thinking.

I only launch from sph and vab. I do use woomerang and dessert site occasionally. I really want to start using orbital construction, ground construction and kerbal konstructs but am not sure on how to use them....

Edited by Lewie

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.