Things that bother you in 1.10.1

Serenity

I was wondering if anyone else had some issues with 1.10.1.

I do not have a complete list but few of mine are these:

1)The fuel transfer bug(hope its fixed soon)

2)Extreme shadow flickering all over the place(its been around but feels worse lately)

3)Visual glitches with parts inside fairings, for example parachutes sometimes being invisible

4)Mountains slopes in Kerbin look really, really bad even in highest settings.

5)Have to fly really low to see all these cool textures.

6)I am having no luck with my xbox gamepad, it used to work fine, maybe i am forgetting what i did before.

Edited by Boyster

Who can blame him? The fuel transfer bug has been driving me crazy too. If they were only to fix one thing in the next patch... in fact I'm tempted to say ever in any future patches, I would want it to be the fuel transfer bug. I'll stomach nigh any amount of visual shortcomings as long as the things that are supposed to happen when I click buttons happen the way they are supposed to at least most of the time.

11 minutes ago, problemecium said:

Who can blame him? The fuel transfer bug has been driving me crazy too. If they were only to fix one thing in the next patch... in fact I'm tempted to say ever in any future patches, I would want it to be the fuel transfer bug. I'll stomach nigh any amount of visual shortcomings as long as the things that are supposed to happen when I click buttons happen the way they are supposed to at least most of the time.

It might be a bug that isn't that simple to fix Or to replicate (the first step in fixing bugs). 10.1 contained a pretty long list of fixes, should Squad have said "we're still waiting to fix this one bug, until then we don't release the patch?"

It's an annoying bug, but it can be circumvented (time warp/visit the KSC) and I think we're better off with a patch than with no patch while waiting for this one to be fixed.

2 hours ago, Kerbart said:

It might be a bug that isn't that simple to fix Or to replicate (the first step in fixing bugs). 10.1 contained a pretty long list of fixes, should Squad have said "we're still waiting to fix this one bug, until then we don't release the patch?"

It's an annoying bug, but it can be circumvented (time warp/visit the KSC) and I think we're better off with a patch than with no patch while waiting for this one to be fixed.

It happens so often i am guessing its easy to replicate but hard to fix(since we didn't get it with 1.10.1).

Personally i am ok with waiting a bit longer, my biggest fears are drag related bugs.

I remember the meltdown i had when my rockets didnt fly high enough.

Although i got to say, while flying in Kerbin those shadows flickering are super weird lol.

Edited by Boyster

I have seen a lot of people dissapointed with KSP 1.10.1 and while yes I agree some things are annoying, the fact is some bugs are so complex that they might not have it completely fixed. My guess of why the fuel transfer bug hasn't been fixed is because they still haven't found the solution. The best we can do is wait for them to fix it and maybe even give support on trying to find solutions.

I was told that since there is a known "temporary fix" for the fuel transfer issue, that Squad would have no reason to prioritize fixing it sooner than other issues. -_- Right. Well. In a game where every vehicle that isn't powered off electricity alone has fuel, you'd think the ability to manipulate fuel MIGHT be a priority. That's just my take on the whole thing. Really disappointed they didn't resolve the problem. 

On 8/3/2020 at 6:26 PM, Entropian said:

This time warp-changing-orbit bug is really getting on my nerves now.  It's persisted throughout several versions and still hasn't been fixed, and it's getting more and more severe.

Another gamebreaking but that just got worse is the maneuver nodes in the Jool system cause crashes, and even bsod's bug, would report it if the bugtracker would let me create an account, which it won't. Good job squad, reverting to 1.8, the last stable version of the game as soon as I'm done with a 1.10 collab. Plus 1.8 has a fully stable Kopernicus and other mods, no reason other than the collaboration to stay in 1.10. I swear I would hate ksp if I didn't love it so much.

Edited by catloaf

Yeah, I tried 1.10.1 when it released;  it's probably one of the worst x.x.1 versions I've seen, and I've been playing since, what, 2012?  As soon as that nasty time warp bug returned, I went back to good ol' 1.8.1.

10 hours ago, catloaf said:

Plus 1.8 has a fully stable Kopernicus

The new Kopernicus actually is pretty stable in 1.9.1.  I haven't found any bugs yet, but this landing gear thing... grrrrrr.

2 hours ago, Entropian said:

Yeah, I tried 1.10.1 when it released;  it's probably one of the worst x.x.1 versions I've seen, and I've been playing since, what, 2012?  As soon as that nasty time warp bug returned, I went back to good ol' 1.8.1.

The new Kopernicus actually is pretty stable in 1.9.1.  I haven't found any bugs yet, but this landing gear thing... grrrrrr.

Yeah, much like the 1.3  people, I will probably stick to 1.8.1 or 1.9.1 until ksp2 comes out. Although I will admit that jumping to 1.10.0 may have tainted the update for me (although I was smart enough to move 1.8.1 and 1.9.1 installs out of steam,) but the esa missions were just too cool. Actually, the esa missions were the one good part of the update, but breaking restock and a ton of stupid bugs don't make up for it. Plus, I can get better esa stuff with mods.

On 8/3/2020 at 6:11 AM, Boyster said:

I was wondering if anyone else had some issues with 1.10.1.

I do not have a complete list but few of mine are these:

1)The fuel transfer bug(hope its fixed soon)

2)Extreme shadow flickering all over the place(its been around but feels worse lately)

3)Visual glitches with parts inside fairings, for example parachutes sometimes being invisible

4)Mountains slopes in Kerbin look really, really bad even in highest settings.

5)Have to fly really low to see all these cool textures.

6)I am having no luck with my xbox gamepad, it used to work fine, maybe i am forgetting what i did before.

Yeah, same problem for me. Shadow-flickering got really worse, which is one of the aspects, why I'm not playing that much on 1.10.1.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.