Official v0.17 Release thread

Capt'n Skunky

I had a lot of trouble getting the D/L to work.

After redownloading the complete game, it worked fine.

I'm very impressed with the new mark of the game.

Haven't tried to get out of Kerbal orbit yet... just relearning the fuel consumption on the new version.

Hopefully, if I get low censused again tomorrow, I can try for Duma.

Started up the game, built a basic rocket....and almost got a landing on Eve, were it not for the fact that a standard parachute without struts tends to rip away if you use it on minmus even if it's only connected to the command pod. Still. I know I lan-...uh...crashed....into something wet. Had to stop trying to build larger rockets to get there safely after the game started lagging like hell. But I'm enjoying it. The new NERVA-style engines really do work brilliantly.

What's with so few Tutorials?

It's still Alpha, give it time. As I understand it, they have big plans for the campaign and such.

Downloading it was a pain.

And it would be nice if the download resumed where it left off, rather than restarting from scratch when something crashes.

Hate to say it, but eventually I just did a download from the web site.

Not enough time for a mission before work, though :(. Will have to do my first mission after work.

Between this, iOS 6, and WoW's new campaign, I got very little sleep, heh.

Reached Duna and Jool Orbit last night, attempted Moho, didn't notice the eccentricity of the orbit, and missed by...too much. The Duna mission will be returning after a few flybys of Ike.

The Jool mission will be one way. There was barely enough fuel for the mission to begin with, and with all the extra burns needed for Jool injection, there won't be enough fuel for a return trip. There might be enough for flybys of a few moons though.

I don't think I'll be trying a landing of anything any time soon. I'd have to grab the docking mod and bring the lander with me. Then learn to do an orbital rendezvous. Right now, I'm just working on better timing of my launches, I've had to burn extra to reach both. I think tonight will be my first Eve and Moho trip.

My first attempt to Jool ended with my ship mysteriously falling apart while warping. My second attempt

resulted in successful orbit of Jool and all of her moons. Unfortunately, on the way back (while warping) my ship was mysteriously ripped asunder once again.

Not sure what's going on there but the voyage was decent nonetheless.

My first attempt to Jool ended with my ship mysteriously falling apart while warping. My second attempt

resulted in successful orbit of Jool and all of her moons. Unfortunately, on the way back (while warping) my ship was mysteriously ripped asunder once again.

Not sure what's going on there but the voyage was decent nonetheless.

Wow... Anyone else finding that it's extremely unstable?

You mean the game itself? Yup.

I've played 0.16 regularly since the day it came out. Had exactly one crash over that time.

Downloaded 0.17 from the store yesterday afternoon, fired it up last night...got four lockups/crashes in the space of an hour. The Orbital Tutorial especially liked locking up.

(Also, there was a curious thing about Map view, looking at it from Kerbin orbit in that tutorial...I didn't spot any of the other planets, but a few of their moons were clearly visible without having to look for them or zoom at all. A tutorial thing maybe?)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.