How close does the Orbit from a orbital contract have to match. Contract wont complete

I am a new player, and I`m having a bit of a problem getting a contract to complete. Even though i have met the requierments almost perfectly.
 is there a glitch or is there something super obvius im missing, i would apreciate all the help you can spare.

Thank you very much!

(Pictures of the current orbit + orbit requierments)
https://ibb.co/SxDJsnt

The system is pretty forgiving.   However,  your picture is showing an orbit around Kerbin, and the contract shows as requiring the orbit to be around the Mun.

If you were to focus your map view on the Mun you should see the outline of an orbit there that you need to match and you really only need to be pretty close to it, not exact.   

Edited by Caerfinon
grammer

It would help to orbit the correct celestial body. The contract is for the Mun, you are orbiting Kerbin.

But thanks for including the screenshot! It showed all important information, which made answering your question easy!

Edited by AHHans

All the above answers are right about the Mun. But to answer your exact question:

when you are looking at contracts to accept, each contract has one to three stars on it. The number of stars represents a relative "difficulty level", compared to other contracts of the same type.

So a "one star" contract is very forgiving, while a "3 star" contract is very strict.

5 hours ago, krikvaal said:

I am a new player, and I`m having a bit of a problem getting a contract to complete. Even though i have met the requierments almost perfectly.
 is there a glitch or is there something super obvius im missing, i would apreciate all the help you can spare.

Thank you very much!

(Pictures of the current orbit + orbit requierments)
https://ibb.co/SxDJsnt

Could be the fact your orbit may be backward. One common problem Ive seen.

@krikvaal As others have pointed out above, you're orbiting Kerbin when the contract wants you to orbit the Mun. You have the correct apoapsis, periapsis and inclination but orbiting the wrong celestial body.

Look at the Mun in the map or tracking station and you should see an orbit line in a distinctive colour- often orange, yellow or purple- with the same inclination and orbital heights as the contract is asking for. You need to actually match that orbital line pretty closely as there are other parameters to an orbit (argument of periapsis, longitude of ascending node etc.) which usually aren't spelt out in the contract but which you have to meet in order to complete it. There is a bit of wiggle room so as long as you're matching the contracted orbit within a few % you should be fine, and remember the 10 second stability check.

Edited by jimmymcgoochie

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.