Why doesn’t my science save?

Now I made a few rockets and i started to notice every time i get science the last time i got it it wont add up.

lets say the first flight I got 5 science then the next flight i get 5 more science. It shows up as 5 still. Shouldn’t it be 10?

Edited by Ikkjot

Two notes:

- Make sure you press the green "keep report" button when confirming the science report in flight. If you accidentally hit the grey button with the revolving arrows at the top, it'll cancel the report.
- If you revert a flight to the launchpad or to the editor, everything that was done during that flight, including science collected, never happened.

You need to do the experiments in different places and then either transmit the results home (not recommended when you’re just starting out) or keep the data and recover the vessel when it lands on Kerbin. Some experiments e.g. mystery goo and materials bay require you to run them multiple times to get all the available science points (so try to bring several of those if you can), and many experiments are worth more if you bring them back to Kerbin instead of transmitting them.

Reverting flights will lose the science and crashing with science on board will also lose the science, so make sure you stick the science parts directly to your pod if you plan to drop your rocket stages.

Let's say you run a goo experiment on the launch plataform, you get like 5 science points. Recover the rocket, and do it again, you will be getting something like 1 point for the same experiment. If you run it a 3rd time you get 0.2 and a 4th time nets nothing.

That's why you have to run experiments everywhere!

When I first played my problem was I was unsure that I could reach the Mun with the primitive parts I had in the tech tree, but the science points I was getting on Kerbin where always insufficient. Well, the solution was trying for the Mun anyways. A single visit will basically double your science points available.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.