[ 1.12.x] Everoth star cluster V1.2 [Currently just the Estrela Dobre system!]

JcoolTheShipbuilder

1 hour ago, JcoolTheShipbuilder said:

Thanks! I am planning on adding scatter support.
homeswitch for termania? perhaps! if that doesnt work right or has tons of kraken issues, i will make a homeswitch for Tempora since that is the most similar to Kerbin

Cool! Can’t wait to see where this mod goes! If you remember, I’m gonna start work on that kerbal movie agian!

2 hours ago, JcoolTheShipbuilder said:

ok!
Also, I dont quite remember the kerbal movie, uhm.. Can you tell me about it?

Yea, kerbal kind it’s on its last leg, so they evacuate to the new system, but they are in such a hurry, they had no time to figure out what planets where habitable or not, so they go on this planet spree to try and figure out before the kerbal colonists die of starvation!

16 minutes ago, Sky Kerman said:

Yea, kerbal kind it’s on its last leg, so they evacuate to the new system, but they are in such a hurry, they had no time to figure out what planets where habitable or not, so they go on this planet spree to try and figure out before the kerbal colonists die of starvation!

ah.. that is pretty interesting!

Could I also sorta suggest something?

4 hours ago, Sky Kerman said:

Yea!

So i was thinking... like.. Maybe they send a few colony ships, try to figure out which planet is habitable by landing there, but some mistakes happen.. the main colony ship that was going to Termania, the kerbals did not anticipate it to be orbiting a binary gas giant, and got flung way off course, they send emergency colony pods out as a last ditch effort to colonize the moons around the binary gas giants. but after a few months, the colony ship crash lands on Tempora's mountainous ice cap, in a warmer region of the cap, but the temperature still hovers at about -50C year round.. (the coldest parts is about -70C at times)... a barren snow covered landscape where it constantly snows all the time..  maybe after months of exploring, they finally find the edge of the ice cap as it transitions into mountains, and then into an oasis that extends around the entire edge of the ice cap. This is when the kerbals realize that Tempora is a lot more habitable than they initially thought. but now they are stuck on a super-kerbin that has no moons and has a strange orbit compared to the other planets..
idk.. my idea of them arriving in the system is likely a bit different from yours.. its just my idea for how it could go.

Also... what if I add hints that Tempora's rock composition just does not match right the rest of the planets?

Edited by JcoolTheShipbuilder

1 hour ago, JcoolTheShipbuilder said:

So i was thinking... like.. Maybe they send a few colony ships, try to figure out which planet is habitable by landing there, but some mistakes happen.. the main colony ship that was going to Termania, the kerbals did not anticipate it to be orbiting a binary gas giant, and got flung way off course, they send emergency colony pods out as a last ditch effort to colonize the moons around the binary gas giants. but after a few months, the colony ship crash lands on Tempora's mountainous ice cap, in a warmer region of the cap, but the temperature still hovers at about -50C year round.. (the coldest parts is about -70C at times)... a barren snow covered landscape where it constantly snows all the time..  maybe after months of exploring, they finally find the edge of the ice cap as it transitions into mountains, and then into an oasis that extends around the entire edge of the ice cap. This is when the kerbals realize that Tempora is a lot more habitable than they initially thought. but now they are stuck on a super-kerbin that has no moons and has a strange orbit compared to the other planets..
idk.. my idea of them arriving in the system is likely a bit different from yours.. its just my idea for how it could go.

Also... what if I add hints that Tempora's rock composition just does not match right the rest of the planets?

That sounds awesome! Is tempora out as a planet yet?

6 minutes ago, JcoolTheShipbuilder said:

nope.. I just made the idea like.. yesterday, but i will start working on creating it once i get home from college on thursday

Cool! Then I’ll start working on the Kerbin screens and other shots till your done! I will also send you a script

2 hours ago, Sky Kerman said:

Cool! Then I’ll start working on the Kerbin screens and other shots till your done! I will also send you a script

ok! awesome!
like.. a script of what will happen? also, I think it would probably be best for me to create a homeswitch version of the system to reduce bugginess with loading crafts on the surface of a far away planet as the game snaps you to the 0 altitude, which can sometimes be below the real terrain somehow. I am not sure if these bugs have been fixed.. 

38 minutes ago, JcoolTheShipbuilder said:

ok! awesome!
like.. a script of what will happen? also, I think it would probably be best for me to create a homeswitch version of the system to reduce bugginess with loading crafts on the surface of a far away planet as the game snaps you to the 0 altitude, which can sometimes be below the real terrain somehow. I am not sure if these bugs have been fixed.. 

yea, dialog and what will happen! A homeswitch would be cool!

46 minutes ago, Sky Kerman said:

oh, and do you have a good name for the movie? I was thinking about calling it "Massive" kinda hinting at Tempora, and Termania!

hm.. I have a feeling that it could be continued or something due to Tempora's lore and (literal) relations to other systems.. Perhaps... "The Lost Planet"? though i feel like it would be better for the second part for where the kerbals are trying to figure out the mysteries of Tempora and trying to find a planet that seems to be missing.. also Termania is only slightly larger than Kerbin at 610km radius i think.. or was it 650km radius.. idk.. the moons are big, but not super-kerbin sizes. however all of the main planets (and Tempora) are all larger than Eve. Tempora is.. about the same size as Ichor.

Basically.. the "Mysteries of Tempora" are essentially
How is it so massive and yet no moons?
Why is its orbit so inclined?
What is up with its spin and climate?
Why are the ruins on Tempora and Petrichor so different?
Why does Tempora have a different rock composition from the rest of the system?
One clue to the mysteries is, Tempora itself, or the appearance of it.

basically as the kerbals explore the Estrela Dobre system,  more and more questions come up about the past of Tempora and Estrela Dobre. 

And while doing so, they discover something odd about another star system; it has a planet that seems to have gone missing, but the rest of the system is completely devastated. And some debris on the devastated planets around that red dwarf system, seem to have originated from even further away.

But I am not sure what the name of the movie should be. well the system has massive planets and moons so "Massive" could be a good one...
Perhaps there could be two more afterwards "The Mysteries of Tempora", and then "The Lost Planet"

10 hours ago, JcoolTheShipbuilder said:

hm.. I have a feeling that it could be continued or something due to Tempora's lore and (literal) relations to other systems.. Perhaps... "The Lost Planet"? though i feel like it would be better for the second part for where the kerbals are trying to figure out the mysteries of Tempora and trying to find a planet that seems to be missing.. also Termania is only slightly larger than Kerbin at 610km radius i think.. or was it 650km radius.. idk.. the moons are big, but not super-kerbin sizes. however all of the main planets (and Tempora) are all larger than Eve. Tempora is.. about the same size as Ichor.

Basically.. the "Mysteries of Tempora" are essentially
How is it so massive and yet no moons?
Why is its orbit so inclined?
What is up with its spin and climate?
Why are the ruins on Tempora and Petrichor so different?
Why does Tempora have a different rock composition from the rest of the system?
One clue to the mysteries is, Tempora itself, or the appearance of it.

basically as the kerbals explore the Estrela Dobre system,  more and more questions come up about the past of Tempora and Estrela Dobre. 

And while doing so, they discover something odd about another star system; it has a planet that seems to have gone missing, but the rest of the system is completely devastated. And some debris on the devastated planets around that red dwarf system, seem to have originated from even further away.

Sounds Awsome! I love the idea of a trilogy! We probably should continue this in a chat!