Rover Repair Mission Not Completing.

And yet.. 

contracts.png

rover1.png

Suffered through 2 fantastically long steam cloud syncs to reinstall the mod just to allay your incredulity. Anyway, the active contracts are nuked by the mod install, consisting of simply dropping the mod folder into Game Data. Subsequently useless for trying to pull the waypoint of a contract it disappears. 

Edited by Overheal

49 minutes ago, Overheal said:

And yet.. 

contracts.png

rover1.png

Suffered through 2 fantastically long steam cloud syncs to reinstall the mod just to allay your incredulity. Anyway, the active contracts are nuked by the mod install, consisting of simply dropping the mod folder into Game Data. Subsequently useless for trying to pull the waypoint of a contract it disappears. 

How did you install the mod?  By hand or with CKAN?

What version of the game are you on?

Did you think to ask for help with the mod?

How about providing a log file for analysis?  Player.log is needed

and, this, which should be first, did you install the dependencies to the mod?

Finally, you really shouldn't be installing mods into your Steam GameData directory.  You should copy the entire game somewhere else, and then install mods there.  First, avoids the "fantastically long steam cloud syncs", second, nice to have a backup and a way to test and debug without messing with your main game.

I installed the mod by hand, version 1.11. 

I did not notice the dependencies previously, thanks for pointing it out.  Click blocker and toolbar manager are working but not the waypoint manager, unfortunately.  

Is there something else I can try to complete the mission?  Let's for the moment assume that it is in fact underground, even if we can't directly read the waypoint info. 

Edited by Overheal

On 2/19/2021 at 10:19 PM, Overheal said:

I installed the mod by hand, version 1.11. 

I did not notice the dependencies previously, thanks for pointing it out.  Click blocker and toolbar manager are working but not the waypoint manager, unfortunately.  

Is there something else I can try to complete the mission?  Let's for the moment assume that it is in fact underground, even if we can't directly read the waypoint info. 

You still haven’t provided a log file, without which I can’t help you anymore.

On 2/20/2021 at 4:43 AM, jimmymcgoochie said:

Hit escape in game > show version information > contracts > active > hit complete on the contract to force complete it. You’ve done everything the contract asked for, so cheating it completed is justified in this case; just don’t do it too often :wink:

Perfect, thank you. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/20/2021 at 6:43 AM, jimmymcgoochie said:

Hit escape in game > show version information > contracts > active > hit complete on the contract to force complete it. You’ve done everything the contract asked for, so cheating it completed is justified in this case; just don’t do it too often :wink:

Thank you! I had spent 3 hours on this donkey-loving contract, sent two cargo craft to Minmus, and was very proud of my solution. But it wouldn't complete. May the Game Gods smile upon you, kind person!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.