3.75m command pods and other things for heavy landers, reusable stages

Currently, the largest crew pods(other than plane parts) are 2.5m, a cool idea would be have a 3.75m aerodynamic crew pod(holds 5 kerbals) along with a unaerodynamic 3.75m pod that holds 3 kerbals, to supplement these, a bunch of new large landing legs could be added, the 1st version would be similar to spacex's falcon 9 legs, the 2nd would be similar to the original interplanetary transport system concept(landing pods where the legs extend straight out of the bottom, the feet make up the bottom of the landing leg pod) and finally, the 3rd would be similar to the legs on lunar starship(similar to 2nd one, but shorter)

While some of those legs could swiftly get redundant, there are definitely niches for larger command pods and landing legs.

Given the current state of affairs, there's reason to have at least 4 crew on a single pod and 3 on a lander. The lander could use a pilot (SAS), engineer (repairs, power modules for Breaking Ground stations) and a scientist (experiment resets, science modules for BG stations), and for LOR* missions, a second pilot remaining in the command module for rendezvous with the lander.

*Lunar Orbit Rendezvous, i.e. Apollo-style missions where the command module stays in-orbit with a separate lander.

While there are workarounds, many are not particularly aesthetically pleasing, e.g. having a Mk. I lander can on top of a Mk. II can. Adding 3.75m pods, or even taller 2.5m pods with +1 crew capacity could help.

In terms of legs, there really needs to be larger landing legs which extend past the nozzles of longer engines. Otherwise, you get awkward things like putting additional fuel tanks outboard of NTR engines just so you can put landing legs which can actually reach beneath those long NTR nozzles.

I use DLC, and for you people who play with mods, I recomend near future spacecraft and kerbal reusability expansion, both mods are pretty good and have some of these(3.75m pods, Large landing gear)

Obviously tho, Stock purisim is kinda a big thing in KSP(even tho KSP is MEANT to be modded, some people like playing with no mods) So these mods dont help EVERYONE, but they are a start and they ARE useful to have

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.