What kind of "Show and Tell" or Dev Diaries do you want to see the most?

What kind of content would you like to see the most in upcoming "Show and Tell" or Dev Diaries  

42 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of content would you like to see the most in upcoming "Show and Tell" or Dev Diaries

• Presenting Systems/Planets/Moons/Asteroids
    • Specific Parts (Pods, Engines, Science Equipment...)
    • Background stories of the Kerbal society/history/important characters
    • Physics of the game (aerodynamics, underwater, part heating...)
    • How to prepare for modding and what to read up on in advance to get started right after release
    • Technical background of game development (like the tesselation one) with lots of codey stuff
    • The team behind the development

I would like to know what all of you guys would like to see most of you could chose a topic for "Show and Tell" or upcoming Dev Diaries.  I'm not sure the Devs will listen but it doesn't hurt to try - also I am curious myself.

Edit 1: Added"Dev Diaries" to the titles. (The format shouldn't matter since the question was about the contents you want to hear about the most, not how it is delivered)

Edited by Black Dog

7 minutes ago, Black Dog said:

I would like to know what all of you guys would like to see most of you could chose a topic for "Show and Tell".  I'm not sure the Devs will listen but it doesn't hurt to try - also I am curious myself.

Was the poll supposed to be in "choose all that apply" instead of "choose only one"? Anyway, some of these could be "show and tells," like looking at more planets and moons like they always have. They're only small videos usually less than a minute in length, so stuff like the technical background and the physics would be more likely part of a dev diary.

That is, unless you were trying to refer to the "KSP 2 episodes," which are usually greater than 7 minutes, and go into a relatively good detail about many different things. 

• Episode 1 - "Next Gen Tech" was about the new engine types in KSP 2, and their relation to reality.
  • Episode 2 - "The Kerbals" was reasonably in-depth about how Kerbals look in KSP 2, and how they've changed from KSP 1.
  • Episode 3 - "Next Gen Astronauts" was a focused look at the UX design of KSP 2, and making it easier for people to learn rocket science.

If this is what you were trying to refer to, I don't think any of the poll options could apply at all. They're just not specific enough to warrant such an episode. Perhaps there could be an episode on the colonies and the various tech used to give the Kerbals an environment similar but far away from home, such as centrifugal rings, farming, and renewable energy sources like wind turbines.

15 minutes ago, Master39 said:

I don't have a preferred one but I'm pretty sure I don't want to see option 3 in the game at all.

Why not? It doesn't hurt to have some background fluff telling us that Jeb and Valentina graduated from Kerbin Aeorotech College before joining KSP.  An ongoing feud between "Kerbin Junkyards Tech" and "Kerbospace Engineering" might not have direct influence on the game but might make taking jobs from one side more interesting knowing that Bob's father worked there until that thing with the Boiler happend.....

Personally I don't really like to see all the new shiny planet systems.  I feel they are robbing me of my adventures.  I want to fly to a planet I know nothing about and find out for myself. If I crash because the first vehicle wasn't built for 3.5g surface gravity it's a learning effect.  

I don't want to be spoiled from the get go. I want to discover.

I didn't see it as an option above but I would really love the Devs to show off the interface for colony construction. We can speculate the current UI for nearly every single other part of the game through teaser images and gameplay footage except for colony construction (and the main menu). I'd be particularly curious to find out how detailed such a system would be. Will each part of the colony require materials before they can be built? Will we have to research new parts? I can of course wait for the game to come out and find out myself but my curiosity is killing me! :o

3 minutes ago, Black Dog said:

Why not? It doesn't hurt to have some background fluff telling us that Jeb and Valentina graduated from Kerbin Aeorotech College before joining KSP.  An ongoing feud between "Kerbin Junkyards Tech" and "Kerbospace Engineering" might not have direct influence on the game but might make taking jobs from one side more interesting knowing that Bob's father worked there until that thing with the Boiler happend.....

Because making my head canon is half of the fun. Traditionally in my games Jebs the brave but otherwise serious and professional astronaut while Valentina is the reckless plane test pilot that becomes astronauts only because her test prototypes at some point become space-worthy (if you've seen Macross Plus basically she's a female kerbal version of Isamu Dyson).

In my last game Val works as main test pilot for C7 Aerospace, desperately working on new spaceplane technology before Kerbodyne new SSTO rocket steals all the contracts while Jeb is the main pilot for the Kerbal Spaces Agency. 

I just don't want my D&D manual to be replaced with a single short story.

28 minutes ago, Master39 said:

Because making my head canon is half of the fun. Traditionally in my games Jebs the brave but otherwise serious and professional astronaut while Valentina is the reckless plane test pilot that becomes astronauts only because her test prototypes at some point become space-worthy (if you've seen Macross Plus basically she's a female kerbal version of Isamu Dyson).

In my last game Val works as main test pilot for C7 Aerospace, desperately working on new spaceplane technology before Kerbodyne new SSTO rocket steals all the contracts while Jeb is the main pilot for the Kerbal Spaces Agency. 

I just don't want my D&D manual to be replaced with a single short story.

I make up entire stories personalities in my space program. Nothing about the usual veterans, mind you, but usually from rescues. I once had a Kerbal named "Bobkin" and I liked joking about him being an alternate universe Bob Hoskins. He later died from a landing attempt on Eeloo, and I named an Eeloo probe after him (i.e., Bob Hoskins).

edit: corrections, the stories unfold as I play the game directly, so I don't make those up.

P.S., I wouldn't mind seeing at least a little bit of Kerbal lore. We already get KSP lore in the part descriptions. The drain valve was made by some guy who thought it was too difficult to pump fuel into another tank, so he thought of the great idea of pumping it into space. The description read "he was moved to book-keeping duties."

I want to know more about that guy. I want him to be named, and later joining my space program as an engineer. I would hire that guy.

Edited by intelliCom

Well I think what Im most interested in is knowing more about how colonization and progression will work, but I suspect thats still WIP and they're keeping it close to the chest until they feel really confident in it. Besides that its always fun to see more parts and planets. The tessellation vid was pretty fascinating too though.

Edited by Pthigrivi

I'm not even sure they themselves have a final idea how it is supposed to work.  No offense meant.

At the moment I imagine some kind of Subnautica-style building where you carry some resources to your destination, build a prefab factory and some energy systems and just grow it from there.

But I am certain, there will be a Dev Diary or another announcement showing us in depth what we can expect.

Spoiler

Presenting Systems/Planets/Moons/Asteroids 

I really hope I see nothing more about this as I would like to discover some of these things on my own and would consider more in depth reviews of a lot of new planets spoilers to the game.

Spoiler

Specific Parts (Pods, Engines, Science Equipment...)

It would be nice to see but we've already seen a lot of this.

Spoiler

Background stories of the Kerbal society/history/important characters 

I hope this doesn't exists. I just want a believable society on the surface. I really hope there's no lore or backstory to the kerbals or their world. It adds nothing to the game and limits our capacity to project our own thoughts onto their world.

Spoiler

Physics of the game (aerodynamics, underwater, part heating...)

I'm assuming it will all be similar to KSP 1 since that seems to be what the devs have been suggesting. If not then sure.

Spoiler

How to prepare for modding and what to read up on in advance to get started right after release

This could be cool for the modders but I doubt they're in a position to state matter of factly how to hook mods in yet as they're probably still working on the mechanics

Spoiler

Technical background of game development (like the tesselation one) with lots of codey stuff

This would be cool

Spoiler

The team behind the development

I like the devs but we've seen enough of their back stories and I don't care to glimpse into their private lives, keep it focused on the project.

My choice is other. Namely, breakdowns of the new game mechanics; such as:

• The logistics system
  • The adventure mode progression system
  • How science experiments will be implemented
  • How ISRU will work and prospecting for materials being utilized
  • A list of the harvestable materials in the game