The New Stock Repository Version 0.21

@SuperWeegee

Why isn't it stock exactly? Could you tell me which part(s) you're missing that causes a stock game to not load the craft?

The picture is from .20, so the only thing not stock is the tiny tank on the progress, which isn't included in the craft file for Salyut 6. That craft file is perfectly stock and only contains the Salyut station, the Progress and Soyuz docked to it are separate craft. And besides, my progress has been updated for .21 and is now completely stock a well.

I definitely saw B9 structural panels on it.

First, there were land war machines. Then air forces appeared and those who controlled the sky ruled everyone. But then, rocketry appeared. Those who controlled the orbit of Kerbin could drop nuclear payloads on almost any point on the planet.

One of those systems are here: the ONDS!

DeZaW0j.png

Launcher:

6YHP0DF.png

In orbit:

VnfVmUr.png

Payload release:

sjyvOLw.png

De-orbit burn(lots of fuel for that):

AUbzD06.png

Re-entry:

MRSL9Lb.png

INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Launch

2. Detach fairings

3. Open antennas and solar panels

4. Enjoy(detach a payload by selecting the docking port,right click, use translation rcs on ONDS to move away, switch to missile, use rcs to get away, activate engine and do whatever you like.

ACTION GROUPS:

1. Toggle solar panels

2. Open antennas

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/43te9tuhuz3pb66/ONDS.craft

From the depths of the 6th page of the rocket builders subforum, I have come with finally, a cargo lifter.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

C20S4-2 "Supper Guppy" Monarch

Download

Barely controllable, the Monarch is created out of my unwillingness to compromise between form, function, and my own self-imposed rule of what can and cannot be clipped. The end result, as you can see, is an utterly ridiculous looking plane that works with FAR with a maximum payload of 20 tons to a 75x75 orbit. And yes, before you ask, the cargo detaches from the plane as if it were in a proper cargo bay (minus doors) thanks to the magic of SelectRoot. The action groups have been set up so you can turn the turbojets off in stages, starting from the ones on the sides, the top one, and finally the bottom one. It is advised that you don't start the rockets before reaching 1500 m/s. If you need to shorten the cargo bay for whatever reason, take off the rear I-beam and replace the front one.

At this point, some of you may be questioning what's with the "Supper Guppy". As some may have noticed, I attempted to replicate the bloated hull look. Of course, the Super Guppy does not have a massive delta wing trailing behind it, but at least I got the cockpit position right. As for why it's Supper instead of Super, it was a typo that stuck since I thought it was funny.

If you feel like you want to use this, do note that an autopilot mod is highly recommended. It's perfectly flyable by hand, yes, but not comfortable at all thanks to the slow nature of the SAS. Once we get a hard lock SAS, flying this will be much easier.

A small family of three lifters. Here presented with dummy payloads.

When you add your own payload you will probably not need the stability ring + the battery inside it.

Second staging event will deorbit the spent stage provided you're pointed prograde and it doesn't have too much fuel left in it. (The 16 ton is not tested with 10 tons at only 90x90 km etcetera.)

The M23 does not usually require locking Mainsail gimbals, but it behaves better if you do.

Core/second stage is identical in all three versions.

Made to be Subassemblymanager-friendly.

m09.jpg

Enerkjia M09 Dromader craft file: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bz81WxkFXuN7QUxXZUt6NDU5SHM/edit?usp=sharing

m16.jpg

Enerkjia M16 Verbljud craft file: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bz81WxkFXuN7RkJTVk1HdE1Delk/edit?usp=sharing

M23.jpg

Enerkjia M23 Mammut craft file: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bz81WxkFXuN7Z0RrRkFyY2ZLX0U/edit?usp=sharing

The CAF Lee

A simple low-altitude fighter jet. Looks kinda like a F-15 that's been punched in the nose. It has an incredible roll rate (that'll honestly get some getting use to since its a bit twitchy) and an average turn and climb rate. Its long range, and with the single engine it can run for a very long time at sub-6000 meters. It can get up to 16,000 meters under power, but lacks the intakes to really go higher, however I've glided it up to 28-29k meters, and a good pilot could probably coax more out of it. With a lot of wing space, you'll be able to mount a wide variety of stuff on to it, which is always useful. It does have a long take off, taking the whole runway, and needing that last drop off at the end to launch, but it still launches reliably under load (I dumped a bunch of I-beams on decouplers mounted under the wing and found no significant handling, launching, or landing problems).

j2XEdSY.jpg?1

File:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e4pbeulyf352bt5/CAF-Lee.craft

Well after a month of playing I created the OSI Tempest MK I quite by mistake. I was trying to make a craft which was exceptionally well balanced for gliding, yet pretty maneuverable. It ended up working a tad better then expected. When I took it up for a high altitude glide it just kept going and going. Eventually it made it to space. So a very happy accident. You end up with a 4th of a tank of fuel usually. Enough to make it to Munar Id suppose.

http://imgur.com/iA0wvmO

In anycase the picture I posted has the HOME thrusters instead of the tail rocket like the base model, but performs exactly the same due to design.

Hope ya guys like it

I present to you, the Halo lander!

Intended use:

Minmus lander

Launch guide:

1. Turn the throttle to 100% at takeoff, then slowly throttle down to about 2/3 thrust so the mainsail doesn't explode

2. Drop boosters when they run out of fuel

3. Start gravity turn at 10km

4. It should have plenty of fuel for about a 80km orbit with some to spare

5. Decouple transfer stage

6. Take control of ascent stage and deorbit it (if you have extra fuel, which you should)

7. Get to Minmus

8. Get into about a 45-50km orbit, then decouple lander

9. Deorbit transfer stage

10. Switch back to lander and choose landing site

11. When ready to make deorbit burn, point at the retrograde marker, turn on RCS and press 'H' (by default)

12. And then finally, LAND!

(I think you can manage the return without help :P)

Featuring:

*Way too much delta-v for its intended target!

*Ridiculous fully RCS-powered de-orbit, landing, and return(*)!

*48 Linear RCS Ports!

*Over 1,000 units of RCS fuel!

*Crew capacity for 3 Kerbals!

*Can deorbit from approx. a 45-50 km Minmus orbit with enough fuel to return

That's it! On my company page (http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/49744-Weegee-Aerospace) I have a RCS-powered probe lander also capable of Mun landings. I'll also be adding more stuff there as time goes on.

Download:

http://www./download/7nvb5zcts1a9d6x/Halo_Lander.craft (Mk. 1)

(Comes with launcher)

Edited by Weegee

The Farscape Launchpoint Station.

This also include interplanetary tugs/ Fuel delivery system.

This station is launchable to orbit fully assembled it will make it to an 80KM orbit with roughly 3 of its 4 tanks full. (For optional storage capacity, you may forgo the jettisoning of the last one or both last 2 stages, this will consume more fuel in the initial launch, but you end up with a 6 to 8 orange tank capacity).

The Station is modular, the 2 caps can serve as mini tugs with plenty of RCS fuel and with the help of 2 interplanetary tugs (files included, the Mk II is recommended for its extra engine clearance) it can reach any planetary body in the Kerbol system making it a great storage point for faraway places (hence its name and yes I love Farscape , hope you guys and gals enjoy it.

The caps are also automated, so no need for a crew to maneuver them.

The tugs can serve as a fuel delivery system, with no extra cargo attached they can deliver roughly 1 and a half orange tank of fuel to 80ish Km in LKO. It is also modular, allowing the manual dumping of the RCS tank, medium docking ports and engines to make a freight train as large or small as desired.

A bit of warning for the 6/8 tank configurations: Make sure to deactivate the engines and to LOCK STAGING (Alt+L) to prevent accidental loss of the extra tanks and/or changing orbit.

And a side note regarding the tugs, I did not put the engine/RCS tank/docking clamp dumping on action groups on purpose to avoid accidental jettisoning of those systems as it would kid of suck to split your ship in half or loose the engines or other pleasantries of the sort :P

To launch the station, make sure you set the thrust one tic above 2/3rd to avoid overheating (done on purpose because of weight issues)

To launch the tugs, make sure you set the thrust one tic above 2/3rd to avoid overheating, then floor it when the last 2 of the external tanks are dumped.

Stats

292 parts (685 at launch) 209 Tons (fully fueled with the basic 4 tanks design, sadly I did not remember to check the tonnage with the 6 and 8 orange tank options)

Station Action Groups

1 - Main Solar Array 1

2 - Main Solar Array 2

3 - Lights: Station Caps

4 - Lights: Station Core

5 - Docking Clamp: Tips

6 - Docking Clamps: Mini Tug 1

7 - Docking Clamps: Mini Tug 2

0 - Solar Array: Mini Tugs (both)

Tug Action Groups

1: Solar Array

Dceu0gA.jpg

The station itself in orbit around Laythe with a transport docked

The album featuring the station, its prototype, and the servicing tugs.

http://imgur.com/a/vZanG

And the craft files:

The Farscape Launchpoint Station: http://www./view/pygerc2dnc8yxdc/Farscape_Launchpoint_Mk_II.craft

The Mk I Tug: http://www./view/4u44wig4uw7csx1/Interplanetary_Tug.craft

The Mk II Tug: http://www./view/t7thjy4cnagz5y9/Interplanetary_Tug_Mk_II.craft

Edited by Arendey

• 2 weeks later...

Presenting; Munotaur V-K(erbal) mk5

With this I decided to test Kerbal's integrity by designing the US Minotaur V rocket as near as I could with Kerbal parts. The US Minotaur V can take large payloads into orbit or take small ones to orbit the moon. Thus, Munotaur had to be capable of the same.

After much tweaking (mk5, ironically enough) I managed to get it to work!

The only design change I had to make was the solid boosters. The Minotaur V uses 3 stages of solid rocket boosters to get off the ground, then two stages of motors for orbit. Kerbal's solid rocket boosters just weren't up to the task in three stages, there was too much weight, so I compromised and grouped 5 solid rocket boosters into one stage on the Munotaur V.

This was tested, to orbit around the mun, with MechJeb. The fuel toes the line on each stage, you lose a tiny bit of acceleration between stage 2 and 3 if you don't separate quick enough, but overall it does work with a tiny bit of fuel remaining at the end.

Bring the rocket up into a 100km orbit around Kerbin then head on intercept towards the Mun from there. Once you're in range it should be a short burn into orbit.

Picture and craft;

teGEPw3.jpg

http://www./download/jdrieswvukepb5n/Munotaur_V-K_mk5.craft

Adding my T-9 Lifter.

It's called the T-9. It has launched over 100 missions for me and has an impeccable safety record (when payload is attached properly). Use throttle conservatively, 90% on ascent and 75% after 20K and above. Guaranteed to get 150 tonnes to LKO, or 80 to Kerbin Escape.

This is the literal sense of the term "brute force"

First stage: 9 Mainsails, each with four X200-32 tanks, and 4 BACC SRBs, which decouple first (when spent).

Second Stage: 1 Mainsail, with four X200-32 tanks on outside feed, and one X200-32 inboard. The outboard drain first, jettison when empty, and then the inboard feeds.

Above this any type of interplanetary stage or LKO Payload can be attached.

1adA4Dq.png

http://www./download/f9wxdk09r4kzbm3/T-9.craft

A Kerbin-Style Tie Fighter. Fully maneuverable, functional, as accurate to Star Wars as I could get using stock parts. I would have made the actual wings complete with solar panel patchwork but it's just... well not pretty if not impossible. Also launching it all intact was hard enough as it is, nevermind a billion fragile panels on super-glued wing parts.

Be careful detaching main fuel tanks. I did it manually as they ran out. This should be plenty to get into orbit and there's an extra stage with plenty of fuel to go to the mun, I think, at least. Once you detach that stage (it has it's own remote command module) you'll have to go back through the space center to take control of the actual fighter.

NOTE* I forgot to add a pilot somehow in this version of the save. After I launched it I ended up just flying a pilot to it, haha. But you can avoid that by adding the pilot yourself.

The Tie Fighter -Kerbal mk3.

Without lasers until they exist.

Short range ship meant to launch from and refuel at orbital bases. Until we can actually build ships from orbital bases then we're stuck with the current launch craft.

ULkd5h5.png

http://www./?u9m8cdv9zbq5kgr

The Aventador

A long distance reconnaissance craft.

Crew: 1

Engines: 1

Fuel Capacity: 900 Units

Cruising Height: 23,500m

Cruising Speed: 1100 m/s

Range: Circumglobal

With SAS turned on, this craft is extremely stable, needing very little encouragement to leave the runway when doing your take off run. Good glide characteristics means altitude is easily controllable on the throttle. The proving flight of this craft circumnavigated the planet at an average altitude of 23,000m, and landed back at KSC with 345 units of fuel still left in the tanks, more than a 1/3 of what it started with. Elapsed time for the flight was just under 1 1/2 hours, all flown in real time.

For best results when covering long distances, the Aventador should be climbed to between 23,000 and 24,000 metres, aiming to hit 1100 m/s at that height. Once there, keep the nose 20 degrees above the horizon, and control your rate of climb using the throttle. Keeping an eye on the VSI, and anticipating ascent/descent rate changes, the throttle can be juggled between 1/3 and 2/3 power to maintain speed and altitude. As progress is made around the globe, the nose on the navball will appear to climb. If your controls are in fine-tune mode, a gentle tap on the W key from time to time should be enough to keep the nose on the 20 degree marker. Aventador is OK flying at 2/3 throttle at 24,000m with intake air down to 0.05, but keeping just below 24,000 with intake air at 0.06 is better.

Album of the test flight going round the world.

Aventador Craft File

Aventador II

Based around the original airframe, but with even sweeter handling, slightly higher ceiling and cruising speed, with the ability to go vertical straight after take off due to the improved TWR, Aventador is also available as a twin engined single seat craft (Aventador II) or as a twin engined 2 seater (Aventador IIB). Good for those medium to long range mission, where a slightly shorter endurance is not a problem.

Aventador II

Aventador IIB

Aventador II goes ballistic shortly after take off.

BV6Q8Ay.png

Edited by Scarecrow88

Eorin - nice looking craft there, but they are not stock, and this is the stock repository.

Now they are stock, the screens have 1 part non stock, but the download file is stock, if u want i change the screenshots, thanks for the advice i was missing that intake behind the cockpit (i was sure it a was a stock part).

Edited by eorin