I have found a podcast that I have not seen mentioned here (from 2019)

Xwing000

For anyone who does not want to listen to it, I have simply summarised it in key points

- new tutorials and improved first time user expirence 

- as soon as a colony has reached a certain level of progress and the population is large enough, the colony can build its own VAB and build vehicles in it.

-the vehicles have to be built from materials found together, some of which have to be imported and some of which have to be refined at the colony. 

- The large interstellar spaceship in the trailer is not at the upper end of buildable size. 

- in the orbital colony VAB, there are no "walls" to limit the buildable area. 

- KSP2 for Xbox and playstation will be released later after the pc version, they want to use the time to perfect the controller gameplay. 

- A very big part of the interstellar progression will be the collection of raw materials. 

- There are many resources and many ways to obtain them.

- not every planet will have every resource and so they want to encourage the player to fly to odd poayces to collect them.

Sorce: 

Edited by Xwing000
Wrong spotify link

1 hour ago, PlutoISaPlanet said:

The part about the x box and ps4 versions releasing later has been debunked I believe. 

Maybe. Unless I've missed something, both the PC and console versions are releasing in 2022. But Intercept never did clarify that they were releasing at the same time now.