[1.12.5] Starship Expansion Project - SEP | v2.2.0 (June, 23rd, 2024)

Kari

uhh it appears that when i reach a apoapsis of 40-50 km the kOS just malfunctions, and a bit later i switch craft to find out that the launch tower is 920000 meters under the surface.

17 hours ago, theogameren said:

uhh it appears that when i reach a apoapsis of 40-50 km the kOS just malfunctions, and a bit later i switch craft to find out that the launch tower is 920000 meters under the surface.

You need to post your log for support.

1 hour ago, theogameren said:

aand how to do that

Go into you main kerbal space program folder, find the text file called KSP. Use Google drive or Dropbox, and select the KSP text file. Then just post it, and the mod devs can look through it.

thx for letting me know!

though i wont use the mod so much due to me making a system rn

On 6/28/2024 at 9:09 PM, darthvader15001 said:

Go into you main kerbal space program folder, find the text file called KSP. Use Google drive or Dropbox, and select the KSP text file. Then just post it, and the mod devs can look through it.

forgor to quote

On 6/29/2024 at 10:46 AM, Miniffan said:

What should I do if the booster returns to the water instead of the tower even though the tower is set in the settings

Do you run Kopernicus on stock? In that case check out the github again

On 6/27/2024 at 8:34 PM, theogameren said:

Sounds like it crashes. Maybe check the kOS terminal for errors. There may be clues there. And also check that you have all requirements (and none of the ones that cause it not to work)

Posted (edited)
On 6/23/2024 at 5:05 PM, Kari said:

Next stop is the Mün with a proper Kerbal Landing System, if you know what I mean.

I lied...

I was not very motivated to work on HLS and got a sudden hype to work on Ship V1...

So welcome our new MK-3!

Spoiler

ccIQOjx.png

8K0Ukfa.png

h34iCQL.png

Zp6zhPa.png

Left is new and right is older
(the older model is a bit different compared to released version, I was adding stuff and then I decided to remaster it)

4WAi0uR.png

z775KFU.png

Of course booster is going to get some love as well, but I will finish this first and them go to it

Aiming to have more variants, so like we have the b7 and b9 variants, will try to implement this on ship as well, it's nothing crazy, no specific tile matching kind of situation, but the biggest differences on them will probably happen. Most likely will have S24,S25,S28,S29 and S30, as all of those have some significant visual differences and they either flew or will fly most likely, Future booster work will have matching versions to the ships
Will also add a tileless ship and depot like we already have. S20/B4 is still in debate.

Regarding Cargo and Crew versions, I will try to not hurt the overall look of the different ships with them, but some sacrifices will most likely be made at some point.
and yes, I will make a Pez dispenser version, it will have a functional door but that's it, it's mostly for looks and recreations.

How they will be released

1. Bare Ship version, this means a regular ship with a default nosecone and the basics to function, most likely no interior on nosecone yet but will feature the variants
  2. Cargo variants (Pez included)
  3. Crew + IVA
  4. Booster + Soft deprecation of MK1 (hide parts and delete textures, just in case someone forgot to recover their vessels they can still save it)
  5. Complete deletion of MK1

This will give everyone the opportunity to fly the new ship before all of it is finished while being able to have the old version as a fully functional vehicle on the saves. I expect 1 in mid to late july.

Please feel free to ask questions and suggestions. I will set up a patreon so I can share progress of the mod and keep it organized. Content is free but If you want you will be able to support me.

As always, I most likely forgot info, if so I will edit this.

Thank you for your support!

Edited by Kari
typo

I finally got the kos scripts to work after finding the download link for the dev versions of SEP and SLE, the interface and scripts are working perfectly apart from one issue. The Tower arms do not actuate or close during a booster catch, and it crashes into the OLM. I am currently playing on KSRSS 2.5 if that is any help.

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, Kari said:

I lied...

I was not very motivated to work on HLS and got a sudden hype to work on Ship V1...

So welcome our new MK-3!

Hide contents

ccIQOjx.png

8K0Ukfa.png

h34iCQL.png

Zp6zhPa.png

Left is new and right is older
(the older model is a bit different compared to released version, I was adding stuff and then I decided to remaster it)

4WAi0uR.png

z775KFU.png

Of course booster is going to get some love as well, but I will finish this first and them go to it

Aiming to have more variants, so like we have the b7 and b9 variants, will try to implement this on ship as well, it's nothing crazy, no specific tile matching kind of situation, but the biggest differences on them will probably happen. Most likely will have S24,S25,S28,S29 and S30, as all of those have some significant visual differences and they either flew or will fly most likely, Future booster work will have matching versions to the ships
Will also add a tileless ship and depot like we already have. S20/B4 is still in debate.

Regarding Cargo and Crew versions, I will try to not hurt the overall look of the different ships with them, but some sacrifices will most likely be made at some point.
and yes, I will make a Pez dispenser version, it will have a functional door but that's it, it's mostly for looks and recreations.

How they will be released

1. Bare Ship version, this means a regular ship with a default nosecone and the basics to function, most likely no interior on nosecone yet but will feature the variants
  2. Cargo variants (Pez included)
  3. Crew + IVA
  4. Booster + Soft deprecation of MK1 (hide parts and delete textures, just in case someone forgot to recover their vessels they can still save it)
  5. Complete deletion of MK1

This will give everyone the opportunity to fly the new ship before all of it is finished while being able to have the old version as a fully functional vehicle on the saves. I expect 1 in mid to late july.

Please feel free to ask questions and suggestions. I will set up a patreon so I can share progress of the mod and keep it organized. Content is free but If you want you will be able to support me.

As always, I most likely forgot info, if so I will edit this.

Thank you for your support!

Thanks Kari cannot wait to finally do the IFT-3 recreation. your mods are amazing.

ATS33 

Edited by kspbutitscursed

7 hours ago, _Space_Cowboy_ said:

I finally got the kos scripts to work after finding the download link for the dev versions of SEP and SLE, the interface and scripts are working perfectly apart from one issue. The Tower arms do not actuate or close during a booster catch, and it crashes into the OLM. I am currently playing on KSRSS 2.5 if that is any help.

Can you PM me some screenshots of the landing burn with the kOS terminals opened (booster&tower)? I am working on a big update to ship and booster landings (many changes after IFT4)  and could use all details!

10 hours ago, Janus92 said:

Can you PM me some screenshots of the landing burn with the kOS terminals opened booster&tower)? I am working on a big update to ship and booster landings (many changes after IFT4)  and could use all details!

Yes I can do that! I just got home from work and have some errands to run, but later tonight I will do some catch attempts and send the KOS terminals. I was trying to check the kOS terminal for the tower during the catch attempt for anything out of place, but if I recall correctly it was not appearing on my sidebar, I only had the booster terminal. Not sure if this is signifies anything to you, but I forgot to mention an aspect of the superheavy landing burn. the engines wouldn't zero out the boosters velocity. Based off the speed I don't think the booster would be stationary until it reached the ground. My uneducated guess would be this is because the booster is resorting to a ground landing since the tower appears to be non functional. 

11 hours ago, Janus92 said:

Can you PM me some screenshots of the landing burn with the kOS terminals opened (booster&tower)? I am working on a big update to ship and booster landings (many changes after IFT4)  and could use all details!

Ok so, my account does not meet the requirements to PM you. I just made it and my only 2 posts are on this thread, so I will just send the screenshots here. 

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1uGyHbT8xcwnU_nVm3fT1rV6h-CnMaiat?usp=sharing

I have on other inquiry, not sure if I'm missing a setting or something, but is there anyway to stop my perspective switching to the ship. Once the booster enters its coast, I am automatically switched to the ship, and every time I switch back to the booster, it moves right back to the ship. I would like to be able to watch the entire landing of the booster, wondering if that is possible

12 hours ago, _Space_Cowboy_ said:

Ok so, my account does not meet the requirements to PM you. I just made it and my only 2 posts are on this thread, so I will just send the screenshots here. 

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1uGyHbT8xcwnU_nVm3fT1rV6h-CnMaiat?usp=sharing

I have on other inquiry, not sure if I'm missing a setting or something, but is there anyway to stop my perspective switching to the ship. Once the booster enters its coast, I am automatically switched to the ship, and every time I switch back to the booster, it moves right back to the ship. I would like to be able to watch the entire landing of the booster, wondering if that is possible

Thanks!! Looks like you may have found a bug! I'll look into this when I find some time! I may have introduced this bug a while back with all the new code changes. I'll be sure to check my current code changes as good as I can before I put them up in a while. But yeah, complex code makes for complex bugs unfortunately..

6 hours ago, Janus92 said:

Thanks!! Looks like you may have found a bug! I'll look into this when I find some time! I may have introduced this bug a while back with all the new code changes. I'll be sure to check my current code changes as good as I can before I put them up in a while. But yeah, complex code makes for complex bugs unfortunately..

Very happy to help! This is an amazing script and interface, you've done an outstanding job. I'll check back in after a little while, I hope all goes well!

Hi there @Janus92!

I switched to the latest SEP  version, as well as your script version. Not sure what you did to it, what I can visually notice is that booster landing burn starts a bit later than it used to, but I have this issue when roughly half the time with Tanker and Cargo Starships the booster will miss the chopsticks just by a little bit and drops right in front of the launch pad or at the very tip of the chopsticks and falls off. No issue with Starship Crew, nor with Cargo when launched w/o payload, so I suppose the added weight is the problem. Same with Starship Depot. Earlier versions worked like a charm every single time, but this one has this issue sometimes. And sometimes it doesn't. 

I use  SEP and SLE dev, no Kopernicus. MechJeb utilities are all disabled. I use stock .craft files.  Could you please look into it?

4 hours ago, MarkEgo said:

Hi there @Janus92!

I switched to the latest SEP  version, as well as your script version. Not sure what you did to it, what I can visually notice is that booster landing burn starts a bit later than it used to, but I have this issue when roughly half the time with Tanker and Cargo Starships the booster will miss the chopsticks just by a little bit and drops right in front of the launch pad or at the very tip of the chopsticks and falls off. No issue with Starship Crew, nor with Cargo when launched w/o payload, so I suppose the added weight is the problem. Same with Starship Depot. Earlier versions worked like a charm every single time, but this one has this issue sometimes. And sometimes it doesn't. 

I use  SEP and SLE dev, no Kopernicus. MechJeb utilities are all disabled. I use stock .craft files.  Could you please look into it?

Can you PM me a log or a video?

Posted (edited)
On 7/6/2024 at 1:24 AM, MarkEgo said:

Hi there @Janus92!

I think I found the issue. The big problem was the different booster variants and their difference in mass. Should be fixed now!

In other news, the new update is out, that has the ship landings start their landing burn a bit later. The guidance to the start of the the landing burn is now more important than ever, so there is some potential for stuff to go wrong :)

Looking forward to your bugreports, and don't forget to install the latest SEP dev (deleting the old one first is probably a good idea)!

Edited by Janus92

On 7/9/2024 at 8:17 AM, Janus92 said:

I think I found the issue. The big problem was the different booster variants and their difference in mass. Should be fixed now!

In other news, the new update is out, that has the ship landings start their landing burn a bit later. The guidance to the start of the the landing burn is now more important than ever, so there is some potential for stuff to go wrong :)

Looking forward to your bugreports, and don't forget to install the latest SEP dev (deleting the old one first is probably a good idea)!

Hey just wanted to let you know, I checked the changelog and saw you made a lot of bug fixes. I installed the latest update and everything is working perfectly, the OLT is now actuating and I am getting successful catches!! Thank you very much for sharing this script, you've done an amazing job.  

• 2 weeks later...