I need help!!!

Hello, I have Two vessels docked together, I have both menus opened, all crossfeed is enabled on any part that can,  and I have rnd 2. But it won't let me transfer fuel! This is a problem as I won't have enough dV In one of the vessels to get home, and a rescue mission isn't possible as I would just find myself in the same predicament. Please help, Jeb and Val need it desperately!!

https://www.xbox.com/play/media/MVMBGBWL

https://www.xbox.com/play/media/4G6GEKL4

Edited by KingRaulDamian
Adding image.

there can be a lot of possible options. among them

- you need a level 2 science lab to transfer fuel (assuming you play in career)

- some parts may block fuel transfers

those are the more likely options.

Can you post pictures? as a rule of thumb, if you ask "i need help", we won't be able to help you. we need informations to figure out the problem. the more information, the better.

8 minutes ago, king of nowhere said:

there can be a lot of possible options. among them

- you need a level 2 science lab to transfer fuel (assuming you play in career)

- some parts may block fuel transfers

those are the more likely options.

Can you post pictures? as a rule of thumb, if you ask "i need help", we won't be able to help you. we need informations to figure out the problem. the more information, the better.

Yeah I'll try to figure out how to send sc. Do probe cores or reaction wheels block fuel transfers? What about heat sheilds?

Edited by KingRaulDamian
He needs Information right?

58 minutes ago, KingRaulDamian said:

Yeah I'll try to figure out how to send sc. Do probe cores or reaction wheels block fuel transfers? What about heat sheilds?

heat shields block fuel transfers. decouplers also do; decouplers can be set to allow fuel transfers, not sure about heat shield

as for how to send screenshots, default is f1 to take them, then you can upload them on imgur

Just now, king of nowhere said:

heat shields block fuel transfers. decouplers also do; decouplers can be set to allow fuel transfers, not sure about heat shield

as for how to send screenshots, default is f1 to take them, then you can upload them on imgur

That is Strange Because, In one of the craft I have mp tanks and on the other craft I have no mp in the command module. But it allows me to transfer it? I can post another screenshot. If you didn't see the one I already have.

On 1/28/2022 at 2:14 PM, KingRaulDamian said:

That is Strange Because, In one of the craft I have mp tanks and on the other craft I have no mp in the command module. But it allows me to transfer it? I can post another screenshot. If you didn't see the one I already have.

monopropellant follows different transfer rules, i think. anyway, with the information we have, we can't do anything more.

On 1/28/2022 at 2:14 PM, KingRaulDamian said:

As @king of nowhere wrote: monopropellant ignores crossfeed rules, so it can be transferred from anywhere to anywhere. (And all your RCS thrusters get fuel while you still have monopropellant!) Also, heat shields block crossfeed and cannot be "unblocked" like decouplers. :(

There are only two options: put fuel ducts across the heat shield(s) (in both directions in order to allow fuel transfer!) or disable the "Resurce Transfer Obeys Crossfeed Rules" options in the advanced difficulty settings.

And a bonus piece of trivia: fuel that is freshly created from ore will ignore all crossfeed rules and just gets deposited in the tank with the highest priority that is available.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.