Hi all, i have some ideas for features in the new game First off, i'd like to talk about "Suit Upgrades." You can find them in the administration building in career and science mode, but in sandbox they are automatically unlocked for you. In career you have to use credits to purchase the upgrades. That makes us go to Grav Boots. Do you hate it when you make an interior for your ship, only for your kerbals to float? That's where gravboots come in. You can toggle them with a button press and they make you stick to the floor and walk around like if the ship was landed. Something else i'd like to note is interchangeable launchpad designs. I know the game wilI have launch towers, but i would like them to be colorable and customizeable to fit rocket sizes, something like modular launch pads does. Also a weird idea, but i want cosmetics inside of the pods. Like, say i could add maybe a teddy bear or something in the pod. In iva, it will be there, and the lower the gravity gets it might float. I would want that feature to liven up ivas. hope people like and agree with these ideas, maybe to the point they're implemented.

And, speaking of suit upgrades, i'd also love the feature to be able to upgrade the jetpack, for it to consume less fuel, or go faster, or consume different types of fuels. I would also absolutely adore communication upgrades for suits, for longer range signal bouncing.

Edit: i have more ideas. How about docking ports that your crew can go through, kinda like connected living spaces? Also, i would love adjustable or longer ladders.

Edited by siklidkid
more stuffs!

39 minutes ago, Ember12 said:

Magnetic boots could be super useful anyways, for places with really low gravity like Gilly, or for walking around the outside of your spaceship.

Exactly. Atleast some kind of pressurization or near future technology should allow gravity generators in ships.

1 hour ago, siklidkid said:

Atleast some kind of pressurization or near future technology should allow gravity generators in ships.

Right now, nobody really understands what causes gravity, so creating it from nothing inside ships would probably be up there with warp drives as something that is far enough in the future that it won't be in KSP2.  If you want artificial gravity, the only way to do it will probably be with a rotating centrifuge ship.

On 2/13/2022 at 10:58 AM, Ember12 said:

Magnetic boots could be super useful anyways, for places with really low gravity like Gilly, or for walking around the outside of your spaceship.

As long as the mag boots only worked on steel or maybe also paramagnetic materials, ok. But no magic boots that are attracted to any material (beyond the normal, and very weak, gravitational force)

Edited by darthgently