Now if they added the most basic aspects of any OS or other visual areas you could select two 8x or more and turn them into 1 and then have any number of groupings. If only they had made the game for such complexity..

NVM, just saw the above video...

It would still be nice if they added select all and shift select to select more than one group.

The potential downside to this method might be if there are bugs related to symmetry. I've had some. but I'm not sure if it's just 1x layer or if it takes multiple layers of symmetry for them to pop out.

Edited by Arugela

If anyone doesn't want to watch a video to learn how to do any symmetry, here's how to remove one from any symmetry, according to the video I watched:

Spoiler
  1. Enter a save file
  2. Go into settings
  3. Enable 'Advanced Tweakables'
  4. Enter the VAB or SPH
  5. If necessary, switch the symmetry mode to radial
  6. Make a part with symmetry one more then what you want (for example, using 6x symmetry if you want to end up with 5x symmetry).
  7. Click on one of the parts in that symmetry group, and click 'Remove from symmetry'
  8. For the remaining parts in symmetry, put the part you want to have an unusual symmetry for on the remaining parts.
  9. It should copy the symmetry, and you should end up with 5x or 7x symmetry!

And how to get symmetry higher than 8 without mods (We will be using the example of 24x symmetry):

Spoiler
  1. Put 2 Cubic Octagonal Struts inline (or any other piece, I just use cubic octagonal struts)
  2. To attach them inline, hold left-alt (at least for Windows), and attach the first one to the nose. Then, hold left-alt and attach the second strut to the first.
  3. Using 8x radial symmetry, attach 8 (This number will vary depending on what resulting symmetry you want) Cubic Octagonal Struts radially to the second strut.,
  4. Set symmetry to 3x radial symmetry (Again, this number will vary). Then, grab the first Cubic Octagonal Strut, and attach the entire structure using symmetry to the side of the structure.
  5. Hover a part over the edge struts, than attach it where you want. You should now have 24x symmetry!

• 3 months later...