SPACE STATIONS! Post your pictures here

tsunam1

I've noticed lag with the Kosmos panels too. Especially the gigantic ones. They also had animation issues back when I used that pack. The near-future pack actually includes some reasonably ISS-y panels now too. Give it a look sometime if you like. I notice that with the near-future pack, the largest panels which dwarf small moons, lag in the VAB slightly for me but after starting the flight they have no impact on my frame rate whatsoever deployed or not.

True. The panels coming this update are VERY ISS-y. Also, I think the previously reference 'getting stuck' issue is a stock bug. Sometimes NFP panels (particularly the large blankets and megalador) eclipse themselves when perfectly knife-edge to the sun. This can be fixed by retracting and redeploying and by rotating your craft about 10 degrees. That said, I've gotten it to happen once with Gigantors. It is a bug with the stock moduleDeployableSolarpanel that is brought on much more often by the geometry of NFP panels.

I've noticed lag with the Kosmos panels too. Especially the gigantic ones. They also had animation issues back when I used that pack. The near-future pack actually includes some reasonably ISS-y panels now too. Give it a look sometime if you like. I notice that with the near-future pack, the largest panels which dwarf small moons, lag in the VAB slightly for me but after starting the flight they have no impact on my frame rate whatsoever deployed or not.

Thanks, I'll check it out.

True. The panels coming this update are VERY ISS-y. Also, I think the previously reference 'getting stuck' issue is a stock bug. Sometimes NFP panels (particularly the large blankets and megalador) eclipse themselves when perfectly knife-edge to the sun. This can be fixed by retracting and redeploying and by rotating your craft about 10 degrees. That said, I've gotten it to happen once with Gigantors. It is a bug with the stock moduleDeployableSolarpanel that is brought on much more often by the geometry of NFP panels.

The problem I had was the panels in the cosmos pack would be listed as open and act as such, but visually be closed every time the craft was loaded. It was incredibly irritating. And god forbid you hit retract during the deploy animation, because they'd simply refuse to work till you reloaded the craft. Sure it's fixed now though :P

Bob Kerman proudly declared the new Munar Orbital Service Station for operational after he and 5 fellow kerbonauts unpackaged the station kit and did a nice and clean assembly work.

Ok, its not a beauty, but its compact, lightweight, easy to assemble and will do the job. Stock parts only, this time.

cX1IR78.png

Y2ldoP6.png

And a mood shot:

kNIzIFS.png

Bob Kerman proudly declared the new Munar Orbital Service Station for operational after he and 5 fellow kerbonauts unpackaged the station kit and did a nice and clean assembly work.

Ok, its not a beauty, but its compact, lightweight, easy to assemble and will do the job. Stock parts only, this time.

Looks pretty enough to me lol. I like how you've put some thought into where your vessels will dock vs placement of your panels. Nine times out of ten I slap Solars on and then realize they're covering my ports while I'm on approach :P.

OFS-102 Valdez, currently hosting 4 Whitefang scouts and an OARS (Orbital/Atmospheric Return Shuttle).

05qQp1C.png

The stations are deployed where needed, followed by a TranStar cargo carrier that delivers and installs the crew pods and Herald shuttle dock (not shown in this image)

P.S. Can someone please explain me how to post the album, I can get it working.

Use [noparse]

Javascript is disabled. View full album
[/noparse]

eg [noparse]

[/noparse] gives this:

EDIT - for those wondering how I got those tags to show up without being parsed, I used [noparse][noparse][/noparse][/noparse]

Edited by SufficientAnonymity

My new minmus station. It is designed to refuel the landing craft and store the experiments in the lab. The lab will eventually be brought back to kerbin by a very simple probe. And yes, I love wasting monopropellant. And actually the other lab is manned so poor Altrey is not all alone up there.

My lander is an older craft, repurposed, so it has a bit of extra delta-V... Just a little bit.

My new minmus station. It is designed to refuel the landing craft and store the experiments in the lab. The lab will eventually be brought back to kerbin by a very simple probe. And yes, I love wasting monopropellant. And actually the other lab is manned so poor Altrey is not all alone up there.

http://imgur.com/a/1PVrZ

My lander is an older craft, repurposed, so it has a bit of extra delta-V... Just a little bit.

O.o You could probably get to Moho on RCS alone.

O.o You could probably get to Moho on RCS alone.

You have given me an idea right there.

edit: just to clarify, mainly I use so much monopropellant, because I personally feel that it makes my crafts a bit more realistic and adds a bit more difficulty to the equation as I need to resupply it more often.

Edited by Othuyeg

This is the Gas n Go. Inspired by the restaurant at the end of Spaceballs, this will eventually have living quarters, Science, and fuel tanks in the center 2.5m docking rings. Ships will dock with either the edge docking rings or the flat parts depending on design. Once full I'm planning on linking in my warp tug and moving it out to the L2 point beyond Kerbin.

aJMMHZf.jpg

YMjUelK.jpg

Looks pretty enough to me lol. I like how you've put some thought into where your vessels will dock vs placement of your panels. Nine times out of ten I slap Solars on and then realize they're covering my ports while I'm on approach :P.

Thanks! And in case something crashes into the solar panels, i included two complete spare solar trusses. Redundancy can make missions much less stressful, especially when not in kerbin orbit.

Until this design, all my stations looked somwhat like an ISS replica. Thats one of the reasons, i didnt use any girders as main structure.

Nicely done. I remember seeing a mod with proper nacelles on the spaceport about a week ago. Maybe you can push it even further :)

My asteroid base over Kerbin; the basic command module and the first building slip/dock is already in place, not sure what I want to add next to it :D

Lots of spotlights to illuminate whatever crazy contraption I'm building in the spacedock

74000DE7B943E8EA46582AE2FFCD250A07499A8E