Kerbal stuck orbiting around the earth all by itself.

Just now, Kerbalistic1 said:

But how would I get the craft to meet up with the kerbal?

That is known as an orbital rendezvous and is what I use for rescue missions. It sounds really tricky but once you set up the parameters and it's just a matter of patience and quickly becomes routine.

The last graphic in this illustrated guide (Parallel Orbit Rendezvous) is the safest way to learn how to rendezvous (RV).

Ideally, if you get your intercept close to 0m you should just drift up to your kerbal, press either [ or ] (this cycles through all objects within 2.2km) and fly the kerbal to the rescue ship.

Now I remember all this sounded very intimidating to me when I was first learning  so if you have any problems or questions please don't hesitate to ask.

I can also add that your kerbal may have a jetpack, giving it a lot of manueverability. once you get close, the kerbal can fly to the rescue ship on his own.

if, instead, your kerbal does not have a jetpack, it's a lot more difficult. you have to make a rescue ship covered in ladders, and bump into the kerbal, and try to grab a ladder while at it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.