[1.12.x] Parallax - PBR Terrain and Surface Objects [2.0.2]

Gameslinx

Hello!

I installed Parallax a few days ago but it keeps getting stuck with the planets spinning in the corner. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling KSP, Kopernicus and Parallax, but that didn't fix it.  Please help!

These are the mods I have installed:

• Module Manager
  • PlanetShine
  • Scatterer
  • EVE
  • Waterfall
  • Click Through Blocker
  • Toolbar Control
  • Better Time Warp

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, ironcal67 said:

Hello!

I installed Parallax a few days ago but it keeps getting stuck with the planets spinning in the corner. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling KSP, Kopernicus and Parallax, but that didn't fix it.  Please help!

• Module Manager
  • PlanetShine
  • Scatterer
  • EVE
  • Waterfall
  • Click Through Blocker
  • Toolbar Control
  • Better Time Warp

Make sure Parallax's dependencies (Kopernicus, which comes with ModularFlightIntegrater, Harmony and ModuleManager) are installed.

Edited by Gameslinx

On 5/7/2024 at 7:59 AM, Gameslinx said:

Make sure Parallax's dependencies (Kopernicus, which comes with ModularFlightIntegrater, Harmony and ModuleManager) are installed.

I forgot to mention that I had those installed. Sorry!

By the way, Kopernicus is working without Parallax.

On 5/7/2024 at 1:22 AM, ironcal67 said:

Hello!

• Module Manager
  • PlanetShine
  • Scatterer
  • EVE
  • Waterfall
  • Click Through Blocker
  • Toolbar Control
  • Better Time Warp

Please attach your KSP.log file.

You are quite right - just pasting the log in doesn't do anybody any good! What you need to do is upload the log to any of several file-sharing sites (I use Dropbox), then grab the link to it and paste the link into your post on here.

4 hours ago, ironcal67 said:

Okay, here's my KSP.log file. I'm not sure if it will work though. The link expires in seven days.

Your issue: You have a "Parallax-Stock-Textures 2.0.0" in your GameData folder. You've not installed it properly - you need to extract it.

Refer to these instructions: https://github.com/Gameslinx/Tessellation?tab=readme-ov-file#installation

I tried redownloading everything according to the instructions, but the same thing happened.

Could I get some clarification on extracting and merging folders, just to make sure I'm doing it correctly?

2 hours ago, ironcal67 said:

I tried redownloading everything according to the instructions, but the same thing happened.

Could I get some clarification on extracting and merging folders, just to make sure I'm doing it correctly?

See this video which shows the installation process simply: https://imgur.com/a/g7JLC8S
Higher quality version (will download the video): https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1016376357707591712/1018202441671512084/parallaxinstallfordummies.mp4?ex=6640f3eb&is=663fa26b&hm=b912d42c8a706541dcfaa3c2929b7ac860d2d2f91e7683c1f4e3c98e2b946818&

...That's what I did. I don't know how Windows computers do it, but I'm on a mac, so it doesn't work like that.

So the way I understand it is that extracting a folder from another folder is just taking the former out of the latter, and that merging two folders is extracting the contents of one folder and pasting them into the other. Is this correct?

Posted (edited)

Hello, good day again. I'm resending the message I sent a few days ago in case someone can explain to me if it's normal or not...

Hey there, I've installed this mod in my game but I don't know what's happening. Every time I switch orbits from one planet/satellite to another, the game freezes for a few seconds (long enough for me to eat the planet at x5 speed). I've been looking for solutions but can't find any. I'm not sure if it's intentional, but according to my game console, it seems to happen when it loads/unloads the scatters. Any solutions? I only have this mod installed along with the necessary ones, and it still happens. By the way, my game runs smoothly all the time except for this issue. I have a good computer. Thanks in advance. Cheers.

Edited by Kamicast

I forgot to mention these in the dev update. The following has been changed/fixed in the rewrite:

1. Terrain texture seams have been fixed
  2. Scatter objects won't disconnect from the ground any more
  3. Scatters now show in the space center
  4. When pausing and hiding the UI then moving the camera around, scatters will no longer be cut off
  5. The random bloom in the grass when using TUFX bloom shouldn't happen anymore
  6. Specular highlights on large objects have been fixed
  7. Grass and other high density objects like small rocks are now persistent as well

And many more on the way :) 

5 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

I forgot to mention these in the dev update. The following has been changed/fixed in the rewrite:

1. Terrain texture seams have been fixed
  2. Scatter objects won't disconnect from the ground any more
  3. Scatters now show in the space center
  4. When pausing and hiding the UI then moving the camera around, scatters will no longer be cut off
  5. The random bloom in the grass when using TUFX bloom shouldn't happen anymore
  6. Specular highlights on large objects have been fixed
  7. Grass and other high density objects like small rocks are now persistent as well

And many more on the way :) 

Amazing work Linx

Near the South Pole of the Mun, is it normal that Trajectories mod says I’ll be landing in X spot, but actually my trajectory is way off the prediction? 
It also happens with the landing marker from Engineer Redux. Also when you thrust off a bit off the ground, you can tell that is offset already.

Didn’t realise it could be Parallax until I left a base there, which would appear to be flying after loading back the vessel, or even physics unload and loading. It stopped happening after I applied a flat Map Decal from Kerbal Konstructs. But the landing offset kept going.

Do you need any logs?