[1.12.x] Parallax - PBR Terrain and Surface Objects [2.0.2]

Gameslinx

8 hours ago, Superawesome4141 said:

Where do I need to put the patch to remove the bubbles/life on EVE?

Just unzip it and put the whole ParallaxLifelessEve folder into your GameData directory.

Parallax and Volumetric Cloud are two masterpieces that make the game more perfect in terms of graphics than ever. I will not switch to KSP 2 until "BDArmory" mods appear.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been trying to play with Parallax's Scatters with colliders enabled.  Although my Mun base WAS free of rocks, as I reload (especially after restarting the game), the scatters shift a bit.  I think the actual GPS lat/long of my base is constant, but the terrain scatters move a bit.  Maybe not shifting, but each grouping of Mun rock formations can rotate or move around.  This means that sometime the scene loads with my base on top of a rock that wasn't there before. 

Any way to fix this? 

I have been trying to decrease the density of Mun scatters, by adjusting things like  _Seed, _SpawnChance, _Range, but it does not appear to clear the area of rocks around my existing base.

• 2 weeks later...

How do I get rid of this "ring" that forms when flying low over planets, or at least attenuate it somehow? It's the effect of the scatters disappearing instantaneously when reaching a certain distance. I think it would be less noticeable if they slowly changed their opacity as we approach/get farther. Can we do this?

ix060Ry.png

Can someone explain to me what is going on here? is it a glitch...is that supposed to be the ocean floor, but sitting on the surface of the water? 

They are EVERYWHERE on the ocean surface throughout all of Kerbin.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled this game and mods twice and this is the second play through. They are ALWAYS there ALL over the ocean surface.

running the popular graphics mods: Planetshine, Parallax, Kerbalism, etc.

uoLDXsO.png

12 minutes ago, CubertFarnsworth said:

They should only be spawning at the poles of Kerbin, as they're icebergs. And they shouldn't be spawning like that either

Do you have any mods that might alter Kerbin's biomes?

2 hours ago, CubertFarnsworth said:

Do you happen to be using JNSQ? In my experience, the Cold Ocean biome gets applied to the entirety of Kerbin and spawns Icebergs when using JNSQ and Parallax.

On 4/7/2024 at 12:23 PM, Kerb24 said:

Do you happen to be using JNSQ? In my experience, the Cold Ocean biome gets applied to the entirety of Kerbin and spawns Icebergs when using JNSQ and Parallax.

Yes I am using JNSQ. Is there a way to fix that? 

On 4/8/2024 at 11:12 AM, Krakatoa said:

Western Sea definitely isn't a stock biome, so I'm wondering what planet pack that must be.

JNSQ 

8 minutes ago, CubertFarnsworth said:

Yes I am using JNSQ. Is there a way to fix that? 

There's this Parallax JNSQ config, which in my experience works fine: Link

53 minutes ago, Kerb24 said:

There's this Parallax JNSQ config, which in my experience works fine: Link

Thank you for the look out @Kerb24 but unfortunately i am getting the "I'm getting an infinite loading screen - the planets in the bottom right corner are moving freely and nothing is happening!"  after installing the  Parallax JNSQ config. 

The error is mentioned in the OP under troubleshooting. Tried the troubleshooting steps (reinstalling Kopernicus and also tried fresh ksp install) and still got the infinite loading screen. Also tried reinstalling Parallax and JNSQ...no dice.  :/

Hey there, I've installed this mod in my game but I don't know what's happening. Every time I switch orbits from one planet/satellite to another, the game freezes for a few seconds (long enough for me to eat the planet at x5 speed). I've been looking for solutions but can't find any. I'm not sure if it's intentional, but according to my game console, it seems to happen when it loads/unloads the scatters. Any solutions? I only have this mod installed along with the necessary ones, and it still happens. By the way, my game runs smoothly all the time except for this issue. I have a good computer. Thanks in advance. Cheers.

On 4/10/2024 at 3:52 PM, CubertFarnsworth said:

Thank you for the look out @Kerb24 but unfortunately i am getting the "I'm getting an infinite loading screen - the planets in the bottom right corner are moving freely and nothing is happening!"  after installing the  Parallax JNSQ config. 

The error is mentioned in the OP under troubleshooting. Tried the troubleshooting steps (reinstalling Kopernicus and also tried fresh ksp install) and still got the infinite loading screen. Also tried reinstalling Parallax and JNSQ...no dice.  :/

Aside from this config file is there any other file that i should be adding or editing on the initial mod install?

On 4/7/2024 at 4:44 PM, CubertFarnsworth said:

Can someone explain to me what is going on here? is it a glitch...is that supposed to be the ocean floor, but sitting on the surface of the water? 

I have uninstalled and reinstalled this game and mods twice and this is the second play through. They are ALWAYS there ALL over the ocean surface.

running the popular graphics mods: Planetshine, Parallax, Kerbalism, etc.

uoLDXsO.png

This form is familiar https://ibb.co/DwTVyQ0

Do you know which setting do i have to change to load scatters from higher distance? I think they could load a little lately so the pop-in shouldn't be so visible.

Edited by NaviG