Kerbal Space Program 2 Release into Early Access Feb 24th

Intercept Games

1 minute ago, septemberWaves said:

You are answering a question that was not asked. The question was about what the science system will be like at the time that update is released. I am aware that it will not be in the game on launch; what I want to know is whether there is currently any clear idea of what it will be like once it gets implemented.

No idea. I recall it being mentioned that the technological advancements will have more relevance to the science experiments performed. However, given how long it will take to develop, any comment in the past (or even recent present) is probably going to be superseded by whatever ends up being presented in that update.

1 hour ago, septemberWaves said:

You are answering a question that was not asked. The question was about what the science system will be like at the time that update is released. I am aware that it will not be in the game on launch; what I want to know is whether there is currently any clear idea of what it will be like once it gets implemented.

That's a good question. The devs have no doubt played with a lot of the popular science mods, like SCANSAT, but that sort of thing would probably be related to resources in the Exploration module, which is pretty far along the roadmap.  I expect Science mode will be like KSP1 stock when it comes out, where you get all the science you earn available to spend on technology immediately, and probably no mobile labs. We'd get labs with colonies, I should think, as without resources, there's no other reason to make colonies.  Once resource gathering is available in Exploration, buying more advanced parts would presumably cost specific resources, and perhaps going forward on the tech tree would also cost resources.

I just hope we have a way to get accurate elevation data out of the box, and a suicide burn calculator. Otherwise it's gonna be ugly.

1 minute ago, Dinkledash said:

That's a good question. The devs have no doubt played with a lot of the popular science mods, like SCANSAT, but that sort of thing would probably be related to resources in the Exploration module, which is pretty far along the roadmap.  I expect Science mode will be like KSP1 stock when it comes out, where you get all the science you earn available to spend on technology immediately, and probably no mobile labs. We'd get labs with colonies, I should think, as without resources, there's no other reason to make colonies.  Once resource gathering is available in Exploration, buying more advanced parts would presumably cost specific resources, and perhaps going forward on the tech tree would also cost resources.

I just hope we have a way to get accurate elevation data out of the box, and a suicide burn calculator. Otherwise it's gonna be ugly.

As I understand the abnormalities will be an large part of the science system, then with the abnormalities mostly being geological like an large crystal or an strange craters, 
This was some time ago however, but sounds more fun than biomes.