The G2 Kerbals Aren't As Serious-Looking As The G1 Kerbals

The Kerbals from the KSP2 gameplay vidoes seem too cute/silly/goofy-like they don't have a clue or care about what they're doing in a rocket. The G1 Kerbals have a more serious look, like they actually care about what they're doing. I personally don't like this-could something perhaps be done about it?

4 minutes ago, KSP_linux0191 said:

The Kerbals from the KSP2 gameplay vidoes seem too cute/silly/goofy-like they don't have a clue or care about what they're doing in a rocket. The G1 Kerbals have a more serious look, like they actually care about what they're doing. I personally don't like this-could something perhaps be done about it?

the KSP 2 Kerbals look infinitely better than the generic two-polygon copy-paste Kerbals we had in KSP 1.

6 minutes ago, KSP_linux0191 said:

they don't have a clue or care about what they're doing in a rocket.

Well they don't

1 hour ago, KSP_linux0191 said:

I think I know what you mean but the original kerbals did look adorably daft. I think they just had much less emotional range. In KSP2 they often do look quite confident and composed, ...other times, not so much. I think the work they've put into making them so lifelike and responsive is one of the crowning achievements of KSP2. They managed to get the spirit just right--little subtleties like them acting on the controls, the mismatched eyes and the way sometimes there's a bit of lag between one pupil and the other... just genius. I love this vid on how they developed that:

• 2 weeks later...

I don’t really agree with that. The KSP2 kerbals look like they were they were made by actual artists and animators rather than an amateur dev. They have actual personality now, reacting to g forces, getting scared when in dangerous situations etc. The ones in the original game look dead by comparison.

Edited by BowlerHatGuy3
Grammer