Improve moving kerbals between habitate modules

My idea is to make the arrangement of modules in the kraft more meaningful

Logically, if the  habitate modules are not connected by any tunnels or corridors, then to move between them, you need a minimum of EVA. But according to the logic of the game, since these modules are part of the same craft, kerbals can still move between them. For example kerbals can move between modules of this craft
example4photoresizer.png

I propose to make a system that resembles the fuel delivey system for liquid engines. If engine not connected to fuel system, then it can't waste fuel. And if module is not connected with the interior living space of the spacecraft, then kerbals can't move to this module from anothers. For example right connected modules look like these:
example5photoresizer.pngimgonlinecomuaResize.jpg

On the second picture you can see that modules are connected with tube. And I suggest that tubes can connect habitate modules and/or this function can be made by another parts
I propose this change to make the assembly of kerbals crafts more meaningful. This adds a new layer to the assembly process, related to the proper planning of module placement and it will add a bit simulation to the space exploration simulator. I think with this fix will make game immersion is felt stronger, if I may say so. I assume that such a system is being developed for the colonies, but I am not convinced and do not know if it applies to spaceships

I thought about this idea after seeing this interstellar ship with planes
planes.png
Of course, although it is pre-alpha, but it is unclear how the crew will get to the planes, except through spacewalking

And now my fantasy, which may not appear in the game: if you can't connect some modules on interstellar ship, you can make transport, which is connected to ship's structure and can to drive on it like on rails 500m from the living bays to landers, which saves weight on the long 500 meter corridor

I hope you found my idea about realistic movement between habitate modules interesting and convincing

52 minutes ago, Vortygont said:

My idea is to make the arrangement of modules in the kraft more meaningful

Logically, if the  habitate modules are not connected by any tunnels or corridors, then to move between them, you need a minimum of EVA. But according to the logic of the game, since these modules are part of the same craft, kerbals can still move between them. For example kerbals can move between modules of this craft
example4photoresizer.png

I propose to make a system that resembles the fuel delivey system for liquid engines. If engine not connected to fuel system, then it can't waste fuel. And if module is not connected with the interior living space of the spacecraft, then kerbals can't move to this module from anothers. For example right connected modules look like these:
example5photoresizer.pngimgonlinecomuaResize.jpg

On the second picture you can see that modules are connected with tube. And I suggest that tubes can connect habitate modules and/or this function can be made by another parts
I propose this change to make the assembly of kerbals crafts more meaningful. This adds a new layer to the assembly process, related to the proper planning of module placement and it will add a bit simulation to the space exploration simulator. I think with this fix will make game immersion is felt stronger, if I may say so. I assume that such a system is being developed for the colonies, but I am not convinced and do not know if it applies to spaceships

planes.png
Of course, although it is pre-alpha, but it is unclear how the crew will get to the planes, except through spacewalking

And now my fantasy, which may not appear in the game: if you can't connect some modules on interstellar ship, you can make transport, which is connected to ship's structure and can to drive on it like on rails 500m from the living bays to landers, which saves weight on the long 500 meter corridor

I hope you found my idea about realistic movement between habitate modules interesting and convincing

Realistically, this will be up to you to connect all habitat parts. Procedurally done tubes between modules will be a little bothersome, as a tube might end up going through an area that's it's not supposed to, I.e., a tube moving outside the structural tubes in the spaceplane shot.

As for the how crew get to the planes, they either

A) are stored away on the planes already

or

B) This is a droned cargo transport interstellar ship and there is no crew, so no need for tubes to the planes. I imagine this is a cargo transporter intended to arrive before crewed interstellar ship. When the kerbals arrive, they eva over to the spaceplanes and use them. 

17 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

Realistically, this will be up to you to connect all habitat parts. Procedurally done tubes between modules will be a little bothersome, as a tube might end up going through an area that's it's not supposed to, I.e., a tube moving outside the structural tubes in the spaceplane shot.

As for the how crew get to the planes, they either

A) are stored away on the planes already

or

B) This is a droned cargo transport interstellar ship and there is no crew, so no need for tubes to the planes. I imagine this is a cargo transporter intended to arrive before crewed interstellar ship. When the kerbals arrive, they eva over to the spaceplanes and use them. 

I didn't mean that tubes will be procedural, I mean you must connect modules to to be able to move between them without EVA. The fact that the crew flies from one star system to another in planes all this time sounds ridiculous

10 minutes ago, Vortygont said:

I didn't mean that tubes will be procedural, I mean you must connect modules to to be able to move between them without EVA. The fact that the crew flies from one star system to another in planes all this time sounds ridiculous

Ah, sorry. Mmm, that would be nice as a difficulty option, yeah. 

As for staying in a plane the entire time, yes, ridiculous, hence the other option, a automated hauler transporter. 

Also, I don't doubt people will do that exact thing, sticking Kerbals into a plane and sending it across the galaxy with no creature comforts. Hell, we'll see people send kerbals to Nebneb in the mk 1 command pod. All alone. Just the mk 1 command pod, no other spaces. 

Edited by GoldForest

5 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

Ah, sorry. Mmm, that would be nice as a difficulty option, yeah. 

As for staying in a plane the entire time, yes, ridiculous, hence the other option, a automated hauler transporter. 

Also, I don't doubt people will do that exact thing, sticking Kerbals into a plane and sending it across the galaxy with no creature comforts. Hell, we'll see people send kerbals to Nebneb in the mk 1 command pod. All alone. Just the mk 1 command pod, no other spaces. 

Not in a command capsule, but in an all-terrain vehicle seat:)

Just now, Vortygont said:

Not in a command capsule, but in an all-terrain vehicle seat:)

Ah yes, sitting in an external command seat, strapped to a Daedalus engine... exposed to all the interstellar material and meteors and micrometeorites. I'm sure Jeb and the others will love that.

I agree that kerbals should be moved on EVA from one module to another if there is no direct access tunnels / corridors. It makes no sense to teleport them through railing. It looks bad and there should be incentives to design beautiful and logical ships.

5 hours ago, Vortygont said:

planes.png

Surely large (or indeed super large) ships like this would have some form of external crew elevator inside the truss system or attached to the side for the pilot/engineers to go down and ready the craft for mission after so many years static. 

It would be shame if we had to place those parts by hand. 

Yes while the crew EVA it shouldn't need to be a player controlled untethered EVA it still should happen via crew move interface and  be automated so we see the activity.  There should be timefactor involved so as ships get larger and lager the time to get to there right place extends. It would be a fun use of portraits to see crew moving around the craft, using external and internal elevators, ladders and the like. 

Also you should be able to switch crew in the interface and not have to make an empty slot for one crew to move at a time.