Tweak Scale FATAL ERROR with BDArmory and other mods

It's not TweakScale. These "tokens 0100006b and 010004f" means that something in your GameData was compiled to an older or a newer version of something that broke the ABI (Application Binary Interface).

When this happens, a buggy thingy called Assembly Loader/Resolver inside KSP gets triggered, and from that point everybody that tries to load a DLL or to use a thingy called Reflection borks relentlessly, including (but not limited to) TweakScale.

TweakScale is the only one yelling about the problem, but make no mistake, a lot of add'ons also get screwed by this problem - it only happens that most of them ignores the problem and let you get screwed later when you load your savegame with a borked installment.

You didn't gave permissions to read the files you linked. Please set them to public and ping me here, and I will inspect the files.

Make backup of your savegames. If you insist on keep going besides the TweakScale warning, your savegames will get corrupted for sure!

Edited by Lisias
Grammars. Damn it.

Well, you made a mistake while installing TweakScale! You copied it twice into the GameData!

• [LOG 19:20:05.933] Applying update patches/SquadExpansion/Serenity/Propellers/@PART[mediumPropeller] to SquadExpansion/Serenity/Parts/Propellers/mediumPropeller.cfg/PART[mediumPropeller]
  • [LOG 19:20:14.954] Applying update TweakScale/patches/SquadExpansion/Serenity/Propellers/@PART[mediumPropeller]:NEEDS[SquadExpansion,TweakScale] to SquadExpansion/Serenity/Parts/Propellers/mediumPropeller.cfg/PART[mediumPropeller]

See? You unzipped the TweakScale directory into GameData (what's correct), but then you unzipped (or copied - sometimes Windows' UI gets laggy, and a click ends up being interpreted as a drag!) the patches directory inside TweakScale into GameData again, and then you ended up with two sets of TweakScale patches in your GameData!

Completely remove KSP_root/GameData/patches and you should fix at least this problem - it's affecting every single Stock part in your rig!

I also found a lot of Exceptions pestering BDArmory, ProceduralSRB, Tantares, and another one I didn't recognized (ye8). I don't think all of these exceptions are due bugs on these add'ons, it's more likely that faulty patches screwed up them too, the same way TweakScale was.

I suggest you remove all the add'ons from your GameData and started again from scratch, but taking care to avoid mistakes while installing them. May I suggest using CurseInstaller or CKAN?

Cheers!

Edited by Lisias
Kraken damned autocompletes

8 minutes ago, Lisias said:

Well, you made a mistake while installing TweakScale! You copied it twice into the GameData!

• [LOG 19:20:05.933] Applying update patches/SquadExpansion/Serenity/Propellers/@PART[mediumPropeller] to SquadExpansion/Serenity/Parts/Propellers/mediumPropeller.cfg/PART[mediumPropeller]
  • [LOG 19:20:14.954] Applying update TweakScale/patches/SquadExpansion/Serenity/Propellers/@PART[mediumPropeller]:NEEDS[SquadExpansion,TweakScale] to SquadExpansion/Serenity/Parts/Propellers/mediumPropeller.cfg/PART[mediumPropeller]

See? You unzipped the TweakScale directory into GameData (what's correct), but then you unzipped (or copied - sometimes Windows' UI gets laggy, and a click ends up being interpreted as a drag!) the patches directory inside TweakScale into GameData again, and then you ended up with two sets of TweakScale patches in your GameData!

Completely remove KSP_root/GameData/patches and you should fix at least this problem - it's affecting every single Stock part in your rig!

I also found a lot of Exceptions pestering BDArmory, ProceduralSRB, Tantares, and another one I didn't recognized (ye8). I don't think all of these exceptions are due bugs on these add'ons, it's more likely that faulty patches screwed up them too, the same way TweakScale was.

I suggest you remove all the add'ons from your GameData and started again from scratch, but taking care to avoid mistakes while installing them. May I suggest using CurseInstaller or CKAN?

Cheers!

Thanks for the help, I will delete the unnecessary tweak scale and a clean instalation of the other mods

1 hour ago, mocho said:

Issue with ATW and BDArmory tokens 0100006b and 010004f

I found nothing like that in the KSP.log you sent. But I know these problems, had diagnosed then before. Both on BDArmory and from ATW.

You have incompatible DLLs fighting on your rig. ATW, in special, was already diagnosed by me in the past here.

You need to reach BDArmory guys for help on this one. I don't know BDArmory enough to help you here.

1 hour ago, mocho said:

Also issues with scanray and token 010003c

Found no problem related on scanray on that KSP.log neither. But it's probably something similar, older and newer DLLs of something fighting.

Again, only the scanray author will be able to help you on this one. But with a bit of luck, solving the BDArmory problem above may fix this one - sometimes, more than one add'on get screwed by the same problem.

2 hours ago, mocho said:

And one question, I have to worry about the advise of tweak scale?, the one that does not say anything about a fatal error

Everything TS shows you are colour coded as follows:

• RED
    • Something potentially destructive, you should take this seriously.
    • Now and then it is a bit overstated because such situation may not cause immediate damage right now,  but it caused carnage in the past and until I have time to recheck this thoughtfully again, I prefer to err to the safe side.
  • Yellow
    • Something that you are not going to like, but usually is not dangerous.
    • Like removing TS from parts that are known to be incompatible with TS, but were patched anyway.
      • You will have some disruption if you managed to use these parts with TS in the past, but since these crafts are going to crash the game, you really don't lose anything on it.
  • white
    • Informative things that you probably should be aware, but they rarely gives you any headache.

Usually you want to avoid them all, but if you are hungry for the game and got one of these, the rule of thumb is:

• NEVER load a savegame if a RED message appears from TweakScale.
    • Remove TweakScale from your game if you prefer, but don't use a savegame with TweakScale if it issues a RED message.
    • I prefer to lose an user than a savegame. :) 
  • You can proceed with a YELLOW message, but make constant backups - better safe then sorry.
  • You can ignore white messages (they have a countdown and close by themselves), but it will not hurt to ask about around here and see what can be done as you get annoyed by it.

Cheers!

Edited by Lisias
better phrasing

2 minutes ago, Lisias said:

Everything TS shows you are colour coded as follows:

• RED
    • Something potentially destructive, you should take this seriously.
    • Now and then it is a bit overstated because such situation may not cause immediate damage right now,  but it caused carnage in the past and until I have time to recheck this thoughtfully again, I prefer to err to the safe side.
  • Yellow
    • Something that you are not going to like, but usually is not dangerous.
    • Like removing TS from parts that are known to be incompatible with TS, but were patched anyway.
      • You will have some disruption if you managed to use these parts with TS in the past, but since these crafts are going to crash the game, you really don't lose anything on it.
  • white
    • Informative things that you probably should be aware, but almost all the time will not give you any trouble.

Usually you want to avoid them all, but if you are hungry for the game and got one of these, the rule of thumb is:

• NEVER load a savegame if a RED message appears from TweakScale.
    • Remove TweakScale from your game if you prefer, but don't use a savegame with TweakScale if it issues a RED message.
    • I prefer to lose an user than a savegame. :) 
  • You can proceed with a YELLOW message, but make constant backups - better safe then sorry.
  • You can ignore white messages (they have a countdown and close by themselves), but it will not hurt to ask about around here and see what can be done as you get annoyed by it.

Cheers!

Oka ;)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.