EVE and EVE redux

miklkit

Oh.  On further inspection it is indeed the stock planets config.  On checking relationships it shows it as conflicting with EVE Redux stock planets config. so I will just delete it.   Thanks.

Hmm.  On deleting it EVE Redux was also deleted.  Reinstalling EVE Redux gave a bunch of options and the EVE stock config was one of them.  I installed just EVE Redux and am now off to see what the difference is.

Welp, now I have no clouds.  I guess I did need that config after all.  Here is my CKAN.  The system is:  AMD 3800X, 32 gb of DDR3600 ram, AMD 6750xt GPU, 3440 x 1440 display, Win11.  What would be good clouds for this system?

49qRq2f.jpg

What I had before was light on clouds and I was getting dissatisfied with it anyway.   So, looking at the relationships I started with A.  Astronomers Visual Pack and the 2K textures.  Got way more clouds and in the first run fps is way up too.  This might be a keeper.  It's odd because I tried AVP a couple of years ago on a weaker system and it tanked fps.

Addendum:  Taking off into orbit and landing has been the test with Astronomers Visual Pack.  With 2k textures it got 80fps.  With 4k textures it got 70 fps.  With 8k textures it got 137 fps.  I'm not confused.  Nope, not one little bit.  :cool: 

Pretty sure there was some sort of conflict before because 40 fps was common before. 

• 3 weeks later...

One thing I miss from long ago was when I had some config in which the low level clouds were sometimes thick enough that I couldn't see the nearby hills on stormy days and I scrubbed some flights for safety reasons.

I've no idea what I did to get that, so any suggestions on how to reproduce such an effect would be appreciated.

Update: Astronomer's pack is the thing I wanted, with some tweaked up volumetric clouds.

Edited by suicidejunkie
Found it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.