harvesting food ? or they if not is a ideal

dragonart777

so i know kerbals well now be eating food and taking food with them in space.   so i am wondering  well there be ways to plant food and crops. and  also have a way to start growing on or ships in space.   if not   can this be a thing.  like   having a greenhouse on or ships be kind of cool.   even if we can somehow take a harvesters with us so we can take them to another planet....   this has been a big study for the mars landing since 2015  look up  sample Leafy Greens Grown on Space Station 

mars_food_production_bisected.jpg.jpeg

2 hours ago, The Aziz said:

Who said that?

Life support was mentioned in at least 2 of the 7 interview/reveal segments.  We don't know yet if it exists in flying-type gameplay or just colonies (Nate did mention it specifically in relation to colonies*).  Is it food?  Something else?  Who knows... but the word "snacks" came up a lot more frequently than you'd expect in a typical interview.

* This was in one of the v. early ca. 2019 interviews.  It was in the same context of colonies not needing so much micromanagement as to be tedious.  We can only guess how much the design has changed since then.

Edited by Chilkoot

3 hours ago, dragonart777 said:

look up  sample Leafy Greens Grown on Space Station 

We have already seen these,

M9Za06s.png

No word I think if they can also be built on ships or in orbit, or if there's a different one that can be.

Speaking of which, now looking at it closer, it looks like the kerbals grow cauliflower, lettuce, and tomatoes.

Edited by SolarAdmiral

i have not seen this pic lol.  well i guess they did add it.  the pic i posted came off a nasa post about growing food on mars. the post was made in Aug 7, 2015.  i thought it kind of looked like a kerbal pic  but was not.    hoping or lost in space kermals do not starve to death or run out of air.

Some early footage, back from 2019 or 2020. 

And that's all there is, we haven't seen it since. And the occasional mentions of snacks could as well be just a running joke. Who knows. They said there will be a way to keep Kerbals productive but nothing more about it.