Procedural Wing "thickness" and tailfins?

One thing I've noticed playing around with planes so far is that when I try and use the wing parts as a tailfin with rudder, because they're set up to bulge in one direction, the tailfin ends up asymetrical if the wing thickness is increased above zilch. It'd be nice if we'd be able to change the procedural wings between the "wing" shape and a symetrical version for using them as tailfins, like on the back of the Space Shuttle?

17 minutes ago, mattihase said:

True, but they don't come with control surfaces. Similarly the control surface wings are symmetrical but don't come with, well, non-moving wing bits.

The stabilizers all come with control surfaces

Actually I take that back, the very smallest stabilizer doesn't for some reason.  Weird.  Just take the next size up and procedural edit to your taste.

on the topic of wings, i noticed the weight doesnt change when you adjust the dimensions. im guessing thats not intended. also when i saw the "wings" had the asymmetrical shape with the flat bottom i was hoping they would actually make lift without having to tilt them. i could just slap them on and they would make lift when the craft has a zero angle of attack. but it seems thats not the case. 

1 hour ago, Razor235 said:

The stabilizers all come with control surfaces

Actually I take that back, the very smallest stabilizer doesn't for some reason.  Weird.  Just take the next size up and procedural edit to your taste.

Huh.

OK.

My assumption was that they'd been split into all wing, all control surface and wing with control surface. Now I'm confused as to what the All Wing option is, aside from that one stabliser?

Edited by mattihase

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.