henryrasia

This is a post to raise awareness of the reputation system in KSP forum

We all have seen it. A green bar above the user's picture that show his reputation. But what is it anyway?

Reputation is a way that forum users are ranked, but most users have literally none, but why?

On the low left of any posted thread or reply there is a star, hard to see isn't it? :P

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34260[/ATTACH]

When one clicks on it, the poster's reputation augments by a small amount. :)

So everytime you really like a post, CLICK THAT STAR, you'll be helping anyone that is organized, clear, intelligent, or has good grammar. :cool:

Just click on the little black star at the bottom of a person's post. You can, if you wish, add a note to say what you liked about the message. A P.M. will be sent informing him that he has received a reputation boost, and his rep indicator (the green bar just under his forum title) will increment fractionally.

So everytime you really like a post, CLICK THAT STAR, you'll be helping anyone that is organized, clear, intelligent, or has good grammar. :cool:

How?

If a post is well written and intelligent then how does having a high number attached to the corner benefit it at all?

I'd rather see the system removed, if we want clear posts then better an uncluttered forum to read them in.

The thing that drives me nuts is that for months now I can't give anyone a point because the interface complains I need to spread the love around some more. I'm not trying to just give points to the same people, and I don't remember who I did and did not give points to. Since it's been weeks since it allowed me to give anyone a point, I've pretty much forgotten it's there at all.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.