I miss the clumsy kerbals.

I dont know if its the magnetic boots feature. But the kerbals in KSP2 are very rigid. Its not a bad thing. The clumsiness from KSP1 had its difficulties when it came to climbing ladders and such. But at the same time for the kerbals themselves it was part of the charm. I tried VERY hard to get a kerbal to fall over on the Mun just now and its not possible. They just plant their feet no matter what.

Bring our derpy kerbals back!

Nope.  Not for me, sorry. Clumsy is nice if done right, but that was... rather annoying. So ok, but better than in KSP1 please. But more funny animations of our beloved Kerbals, yes please. But don't take the control from me of their movements. Clumsiness or not. Lost too many of them when falling down somewhere... goes like a stab through the heart each time.

The idle animations and IVA screens for me are very Kerbal and I enjoy watching them.

But the walking movements I find very ridged, especially on low gravity bodies like the Mun where it seems they move too fast. I too find it is harder to make them ragdoll and wish that aspect was more like KSP 1, but the controls in KSP 2 are good

Suggest that space suits are bulky and not easy to move in. However perhaps we could make it possible to issue them different outfits with different bulk. One option would be just clothes with no air supply which is like a business suit or casual clothes.  the steps ill put in a different thread

Clumsy Kerbals are cute for the first few years but after a full decade now of ragdoll flopping, sliding down shallow crater walls on the Mun and tripping for a thousand meters down the side of a dune on Duna, I’m ready for Kerbals who actually manage to walk, hold onto things and not trip over their own feet. 

I agree with both perspectives: On the one hand, no one wants Kerbals that are hard to control while doing simple tasks like walking.  On the other hand, the KSP 2 Kerbals can be flung into the ground at 30m/s and they stick the landing in a way that would make a gold medal gymnast tilt their head....

There has to be a happy middle ground.

10 hours ago, LameLefty said:

Clumsy Kerbals are cute for the first few years but after a full decade now of ragdoll flopping, sliding down shallow crater walls on the Mun and tripping for a thousand meters down the side of a dune on Duna, I’m ready for Kerbals who actually manage to walk, hold onto things and not trip over their own feet. 

I agree, but if I hit the surface at 30m/s the Kerbal should ragdoll. Instead they plant their feet no matter what. Is it even possible to kill them in KSP2? It need not be as extreme as KSP1, but at the moment there is zero rag doll physics on kerbals.

Edited by Motokid600

10 hours ago, LameLefty said:

I’m ready for Kerbals who actually manage to walk, hold onto things and not trip over their own feet. 

speak for yourself, I'm itching to see a kerbal hovering menacingly along the ground in a frozen frame of the ragdoll state again.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.