Infinite Discoveries 0.9.9 (1.12.x)

Sushut

9 hours ago, Viisuri said:

Getting this problem as well, at least 10 separate generations and yet I get the same result. I was using this around 2 weeks ago and it was fine until now.

Nevermind, found out Kcalbeloh is what's causing it. Any way to make them compatible?

On 4/15/2024 at 12:49 PM, Viisuri said:

@JadeOfMaar No, however I am using rescale mods, guessing it's that. Not a big problem anyways, not like I require Kcalbeloh.

Are you still having this issue? I'm sorry for not responding earlier. I was just busy.

If so then what did you install in that 2 week span? I'm aware that the latest version has issues with parallax so you could check that out. Also could I get the Kopernicus logs? ( Kerbal Space Program/Logs/Logs-Kopernicus.zip ) to see if some planet is maybe missing its textures. (That issue you described is what happens when a planet is missing a heightmap for any reason.)

• 4 weeks later...

I had an issue where I would eventually get an infinite load screen when going to launchpad. It persisted across all saves and only a complete reinstall of the game would fix it. I narrowed it down to this mod by only installing it and its dependencies. Everything worked flawlessly until it happened and the galaxy I made looked phenomenal. 

I should note it wasn’t immediate but only when I had actually researched something capable of reaching interstellar locations. Creating a sandbox save wouldn’t let me do it all. I believe it was either the tracking station upgrades or researching more capable vessels. Either way I had to uninstall to be able to play and I’m hoping you can come across a fix as it looks so good

On 5/13/2024 at 8:15 PM, SpaceMonkeez said:

I had an issue where I would eventually get an infinite load screen when going to launchpad. It persisted across all saves and only a complete reinstall of the game would fix it. I narrowed it down to this mod by only installing it and its dependencies. Everything worked flawlessly until it happened and the galaxy I made looked phenomenal. 

I should note it wasn’t immediate but only when I had actually researched something capable of reaching interstellar locations. Creating a sandbox save wouldn’t let me do it all. I believe it was either the tracking station upgrades or researching more capable vessels. Either way I had to uninstall to be able to play and I’m hoping you can come across a fix as it looks so good

It's an issue with the stock maneuver tool. The instructions mention installing KSP Community Fixes and disabling the maneuver tool in the settings (those you'd find in the space center view, idk why they're different from the main menu settings)

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/28/2024 at 4:47 PM, The Minmus Derp said:

I currently own a mac, can this work on that or is it an EXE-only sort of thing?

you can either install python and run the source code yourself (though the source code on github is outdated) or get some other computer with windows and just transfer the planets it generated into your mac

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/14/2024 at 11:30 PM, Vlad228 said:

I can't launch any vessels with this mode. Another game functions works normally. How can i solve this trouble?

install KSP community fixes and turn off the maneuver tool in the space center settings (scroll down and you'll see an option to turn off "maneuver tool")

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/12/2024 at 1:31 PM, Hoovy said:

Just found a moon I think I need to explore

image.png?ex=6692e150&is=66918fd0&hm=b1e8df2566ff19fd8296df9adefc349916587ba37a516e3d4d65c1823ae8e4ea&=

look at that its so spiky

The image won't load but I believe you :cool:

1 hour ago, Sushut said:

The image won't load but I believe you :cool:

I saw it, it was pretty spiky. Unfortunately discord doesnt keep media links attached to things anymore. I really wish the forums let us UPLOAD STUFF.

4 hours ago, Hoovy said:

Uploaded to imgur if people want to see it

not sure if it will embed or not but yeah heres the link:

https://imgur.com/a/ejhIxqK

Consider it an easter egg  (mostly because the code for Infinite Discoveries actually sucks but y'know it's a feature now lol)

On 7/17/2024 at 7:48 AM, Smokey the Bear said:

One question: Is it compatible with SCANsat?

It doesn't explicitly do anything for SCANsat to make it compatible. Does SCANsat need any configs to make planets mappable?

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/21/2024 at 3:40 PM, Sushut said:

Are you still having this issue? I'm sorry for not responding earlier. I was just busy.

If so then what did you install in that 2 week span? I'm aware that the latest version has issues with parallax so you could check that out. Also could I get the Kopernicus logs? ( Kerbal Space Program/Logs/Logs-Kopernicus.zip ) to see if some planet is maybe missing its textures. (That issue you described is what happens when a planet is missing a heightmap for any reason.)

Just confirming that I am also getting the same issue for whatever reason. Installed this mod, and a bunch of IVA ones (that were also working individually) after having OPM and Kcalbeloh installed, and them working fine previously. Worth noting I'm on 1.12.3.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yrC8XN0XWIrPav4kEaN_mlfS2XcIAxt2/view?usp=sharing

does galaxy mode not support singularity? all of the added objects appear as black spheres for me. also, since Kcalbeloh and LKC_CtrlB are in the same spot, Kopernicus's StarLightSwitcher freaks out and repeatedly switches between the two, generating a severe amount of lag that makes it impossible to go near the black hole in the tracking center. I haven't gotten the chance to test this in flight yet.

logs: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SOEj2T2fFZ5CyYGbbrGD7MATnbp6DazL/view
KSP version: 1.12.5
Kopernicus: 211
Singularity: 0.991
GameData folder: https://imgur.com/a/qz7ItC3

On 8/8/2024 at 8:42 PM, pineapplecat said:

does galaxy mode not support singularity? all of the added objects appear as black spheres for me. also, since Kcalbeloh and LKC_CtrlB are in the same spot, Kopernicus's StarLightSwitcher freaks out and repeatedly switches between the two, generating a severe amount of lag that makes it impossible to go near the black hole in the tracking center. I haven't gotten the chance to test this in flight yet.

logs: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SOEj2T2fFZ5CyYGbbrGD7MATnbp6DazL/view
KSP version: 1.12.5
Kopernicus: 211
Singularity: 0.991
GameData folder: https://imgur.com/a/qz7ItC3

it's the nebula mod that doesn't support singularity, nothing i can do lol

and also galaxy mode is just bad, i rushed it

On 8/13/2024 at 9:41 PM, Lzt said:

some planet's rotate speed even faster than its escaping speed

i thought i specified it to not make that happen but I guess not

Is there a way to use the mod without using the shortcut?  I can't use it as its flagged by windows defender.

Edit: nvm figured it out like 3 minutes later

Edited by NuclearBaloney
Figured out my issue.

On 3/14/2023 at 1:32 AM, 737 said:

Are there plans for future linux support? it seems like a great mod, reminds me of space engine!

On 3/14/2023 at 2:22 AM, Sushut said:

i'm not too familiar with linux, maybe once everything else is fleshed out i can try adding in linux support though

On 3/14/2023 at 2:57 AM, Urbs said:

It already seems to run on Linux since you can just launch the python script.

I'm on Linux Mint 21.3 Cinnamon, Linux kernel version 6.8.0-40-generic. I'd love to get this mod working, and it seems possible, considering it's mostly a Python script and ImageMagick is already available on Linux. I'll give my best try getting it to run on my machine and post a step-by-step guide here if I can get it to work. @Sushut, I'd be happy to test any Linux compatibility attempts you might want to implement, and provided I can figure it out myself, I'd even be willing to write Linux instructions for your GitHub readme or the like to help other Linux users. Hopefully the smart people of this topic can put our heads together on this and get it running smoothly without too much effort on your end!

Unfortunately, GenerateSystem.exe isn't running under WINE out of the box. I'll have to get creative... Gonna look at what else was said about Linux in this thread before I got here, in case someone else has already worked this part out.