Unable to destroy debris in tracking center

Ligator

After testing a ridiculous build from the workshop I ended up with lots of debris around the planet.  But I cant destroy them. When I give the order destroy, they still remain. I get a list in the tracking center and they remain there after trying to destroy them.

For some reason I cant post url to image here at the moment. So i just write about it,.

Edited by Ligator

Heh, this problem existed way back in the days of the original KSP. At that time, I had fun doing "salvage missions" by constructing vehicles designed to "nudge" debris just right to where it would get sucked into Kerbin's gravity well. By the time all the fancy indicators were added to the NavBall, I had already become pretty proficient at rendezvous and docking. It works pretty well in KSP2.

Another way is to add a probe core to each stage which makes the stages controllable - you can manually control them long enough to drop them into the gravity well and let Kerbin do the rest. Go to the tracking station and switch back to the craft in orbit to resume your mission.

Irksome and creates another level of ugh, I know, but it does add fun to the game.

I have this problem too. One solution that worked for me is deleting the debris through the map, not the tracking center. On the map you can right click each debris object and "Destroy Debris". Sometimes painstaking if your debris orbit lines up with a ship orbit, so it will be hard to click on the debris as the ship will always be on top.